Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online 2014-2015 impressions

lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

Hi guys

I tried SKO 3 years ago and it was horrible back then, I decided to give it another go now as it seems to have survived the initial few years and it's improved so much!

Made a video with some impressions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCU4ms8l8GY

Give the game a try if you still havent

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Thanks for the review :)
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Agree with flizzer, it's a nicely done First impressions vid. Great watch for those who don't know STO but want to give it a try.

Noted down a few things while watching, just some minor corrections, the overall video was cool :)

- Q is in ESD because now is the time for the Winter festival, which is run by Q. Normally he's not sitting there.
    - Lt.Laurel and ships: you get a free ship every time you rank up, there are crafts for EC (ingame money), for dilithium (a more valuable ingame money) and for Zen (the cash currency, but you can get Zen by selling your dilithium, so by free).
    - You do know how to dance, by default you have plenty of dance emotes :) (and can get more during your career)
    - Space is huge indeed, but what you show there is just a mere sector block :) there's a whole galaxy out there too. (my bad, you show the full map later in the video)
    - Klingman :) and scanning (a.k.a. "gathering" in mmo terms) during combat is fun, but not a wise choice.
    - Loved the Borg alert comments, and the whole Alert section, it was great to see it from the perspective of a first-timer. "There's the command sheep" :)
    - Kerrat is actually PvPvE so there's pve objectives besides pvp, that's why the borg is there.