Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AV must be doing really good now

ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257
I went to a couple of 40+ player sieges last night and nearly everyone had sele items.  Sure some may of used gold to buy it but for it to be in the game there was a RL transaction.  Maybe that is why they are producing better updates faster now.

Comments

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    wtf is a sele item?
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Parepin
    I went to a couple of 40+ player sieges last night and nearly everyone had sele items.  Sure some may of used gold to buy it but for it to be in the game there was a RL transaction.  Maybe that is why they are producing better updates faster now.

LMAO, yea...the entire server was there, that's how you got a number of 80.  Game was and still could be amazing, but to many people like me woke up and said this company is garbage and really doesn't care about us, I don't want to give them anymore money.  Only chance they have is going f2p, and once black desert comes out, a game that has similiar play style, av is dead...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by wyldmagik
    wtf is a sele item?

selentine, a material type, which separates tiers for equipment

Originally posted by SirBalin
    this company is garbage and really doesn't care about us, 

about covers it all, sadly

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257
    wtf is a sele item?

Its a pay item.   100 sele gold is about $15.  You can use sele gold to buy items, armor skins, and mount skins.  You can also buy DUEL with sele gold.  DUEL gives you a month sub.  DUEL can be sold ingame so you could play the game for free if you can come up with 100k normal gold a month (or less). 

Originally posted by StarI
    wtf is a sele item?

selentine, a material type, which separates tiers for equipment

Incorrect information this is. 

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    wtf is a sele item?

Its a pay item.   100 sele gold is about $15.  You can use sele gold to buy items, armor skins, and mount skins.  You can also buy DUEL with sele gold.  DUEL gives you a month sub.  DUEL can be sold ingame so you could play the game for free if you can come up with 100k normal gold a month (or less). 

There is a cash shop to buy actual in game items? Screw that noise

• BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425
    wtf is a sele item?

The game has cash shop now? I thought it was subscription game!

• mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by Bascola
    wtf is a sele item?

The Cash item are ALL fluff items.  Things like different color dye, mask, weapon skins (not weapon itself).  None of these items are Pay to Win items.

wtf is a sele item?

And I thought it couldn't get much worse than it used to be. Ouch.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    wtf is a sele item?

You can't buy weapons with real life money, YES the currency you buy with real money is called Seletine coins, but you can only buy cosmetic things with them.

Seletine weapons are crafted in game items, COMPLETELY UNRELATED to Seletine coins.  They just happen to have the same name.

Item quality goes Thorium, Veilron, Neithal, Seletine, Superior, Sturdy, Common, Crude.

A seletine weapon is VERY COMMON AND EASY TO OBTAIN!

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by SirBalin  Only chance they have is going f2p, and once black desert comes out, a game that has similiar play style, av is dead...

People have been predicting this since 2009 -- at least as far as I know -- if not before that.

They may have other sources of income besides Darkfall or they may just be making enough from the game itself. Who knows?

If StarVault can still be in business, then anyone can.

The shop has been in the game for months.
  • Scrappy_DooScrappy_Doo Member Posts: 50

Its funny, the DF:UW fanbois come to other sites and try to pump up UW as a great game....and then each post after that has people pointing out the facts that the game is dead, and a dud.  DFO was 100 times better then DF:UW.   AV needs to stop focusing on the "fluff" of the game and focus on the pvp balancing, the fluidness of pvp, the diversity of pvp.  Instead each of the classes all look like each other. 

In DFO high ground mattered, in DF:UW terrain means nothing.  In DFO skill mattered, in DF:UW skill isn't a factor.  The game has been dumbed down to a boring mob fest of killing thousands of each type of mob for prowess and the pvp has been simplified to a skill spam rinse and repeat.

Originally posted by Scrappy_Doo

Its funny, the DF:UW fanbois come to other sites and try to pump up UW as a great game....and then each post after that has people pointing out the facts that the game is dead, and a dud.  DFO was 100 times better then DF:UW.   AV needs to stop focusing on the "fluff" of the game and focus on the pvp balancing, the fluidness of pvp, the diversity of pvp.  Instead each of the classes all look like each other. 

In DFO high ground mattered, in DF:UW terrain means nothing.  In DFO skill mattered, in DF:UW skill isn't a factor.  The game has been dumbed down to a boring mob fest of killing thousands of each type of mob for prowess and the pvp has been simplified to a skill spam rinse and repeat.

It's funny how the game is ranked 6th best on this very website out of hundreds of other MMO's.

It's funny how the game is ranked 6th best on this very website out of hundreds of other MMO's.

That's a player rated from the people that bother to vote for the game.  In another words the fanbois pumping up status points for the game just like most of the "top 10" games on the list.  Look at professional reviews on the game....oh wait there has never been any on DF:UW because AV has denied anyone from writing an official "professional" review because they fear the result.  The proof is that the population of DFO after its announced closure was higher then DF:UW's is now.  The fact that DF:UW has lost nearly 85% of its population since its launch.  Or the fact that peole ingame get excited when they find a 10v10 to fight and then multiple threads are made about the "awesome pvp night" they had in their epic 10v10 that lasted 20-30minutes.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

@Scrappy_Doo

its hilarious how opposite of reality your statements are.

on every single one of your points on every single message.

the most hilarious one was claiming that terrain doesn't matter anymore.  lol

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Bascola
    wtf is a sele item?

This guy.image

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Okay . . just like Eve. . people say that you can't buy in game items from the store. . . but you can buy game time. . for real money.  

You can sell this in game and use that currency to buy better items correct?  In Eve I could just buy plex. . sell them for millions or whatever and buy whatever I want from the market, aside from skill points.  How is this different in DF:UW?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148

Yeah. I played for a bit and had to wonder if I was playing the same DF:UW the fanboys were talking about. Because I was not impressed - not even mildly. I kind of compare them to Wildstar fans as in both parties are delusional and completely unrealistic. Especially when it comes to PVP, server population, and how it's a under valued gem. That those not smart enough do not get the brilliance of either game. Yes all games have their fans, and those fans will talk up their games overall. But I find these two the worst of the worst outside of the Guild Wars 2 fans at launch.

I played Wildstar for a bit too, and between the guild I was in and the first few weeks of forum posts by the fans. I honestly thought I was playing another game then as well. I did not care for it at all and seen multiple issues that were game breaking for me.

I agree on all points regarding DFO. DF:UW does not feel like a Darkfall game at all. Not to mention the way the cash shop is ran is an easy game killer.

If you look at Steam reviews as example,  some of the helpful positive reviews come from junkies who have put 1800-2600 hours into the game.  Where as the negative have under 100 hours and they say the community has turned into cancer, the pvp has balance issues.

The simple fact is there are just better MMOs. You could make a list of current MMOs rip sections off and put it into a hat and cover your eyes, pull out a name and get a better experience than this game. It's worth a try, any game is in my opinion since the only opinion that matters is your own.

Originally posted by corpusc

@Scrappy_Doo

So explain how terrain matters now?  Can you come hither people off mountains or hills or walls?  Can you trap bottlenecks that they can't just dash through or stampede through?   Other then having to slightly angle your view upwards or downwards is having the high ground an important thing now because of knock ups or knock backs(which don't fully exist any longer in UW)? 

You obviously are one of the people that benefit from not needing player skill in a pvp game and thus enjoy UW because you are in one of the larger clans(by large I mean 15-20 actives) left playing the game.

Thank you for your reply and showing us that you are another blind fanboi that knows nothing of what the game was and what the game has become and what it should've become.

Originally posted by Troveaholic

Yeah. I played for a bit and had to wonder if I was playing the same DF:UW the fanboys were talking about. Because I was not impressed - not even mildly. I kind of compare them to Wildstar fans as in both parties are delusional and completely unrealistic. Especially when it comes to PVP, server population, and how it's a under valued gem. That those not smart enough do not get the brilliance of either game. Yes all games have their fans, and those fans will talk up their games overall. But I find these two the worst of the worst outside of the Guild Wars 2 fans at launch.

I played Wildstar for a bit too, and between the guild I was in and the first few weeks of forum posts by the fans. I honestly thought I was playing another game then as well. I did not care for it at all and seen multiple issues that were game breaking for me.

I agree on all points regarding DFO. DF:UW does not feel like a Darkfall game at all. Not to mention the way the cash shop is ran is an easy game killer.

If you look at Steam reviews as example,  some of the helpful positive reviews come from junkies who have put 1800-2600 hours into the game.  Where as the negative have under 100 hours and they say the community has turned into cancer, the pvp has balance issues.

The simple fact is there are just better MMOs. You could make a list of current MMOs rip sections off and put it into a hat and cover your eyes, pull out a name and get a better experience than this game. It's worth a try, any game is in my opinion since the only opinion that matters is your own.

I completely agree.  I've played DFO since beta and through til it was closed.  Then played UW from (paid) beta until next month when my sub is up.  I've given AV every chance to improve their game and to be fair they are making improvements but at a snail's pace.  At the rate they are going they will finally be back onto the non-sluggish, player skill based pvp that DFO was at sometime around early 2017.  By then the fanbois will have shelled 1000s of dollars to them and hopefully their investor doesn't back out on them and we can get a good game back sometime around late 2018 which is what it will take them to work out the rest of the bugs.

There are some fanbois that have played UW since its beta, but most(not all) of the UW fanbois were the players that burned out of DFO because it was to competitive for them or they just couldn't excel at it.  Some that couldn't cut it in the pvp side of DFO stuck it out because of the adrenline rush you would feel while fighting or fleeing.  In UW there is no adrenaline because if you've fought one warrior you've fought all of them etc etc.  The only factor that player skill matters at in UW is fleeing from a fight and knowing when and where to use your dashes etc(essentially old school bunnyhopping).  I think I am one of the last 10-20 vets of DFO still left playing UW.  I keep hoping that the next patch will have some sort of ninja patch in it and the pvp or combat system will be changed.  Mashing the same 6-8 skills over and over again while blindly flailing away with your melee and quick switching to a bow or staff when your target gets out of range is not skill based pvp.  Its just a clickfest.  In DFO if I got jumped I had 50 options available to me and my opponents had to prepare for that type of counter.  In UW you have 2 options(fight or flight).  In DFO I had ~80spells/debuffs available to me to launch on my opponent, in UW I have 6-8 at a time.  In DFO an ambush could be set up on a grp of people and they could all be dead in under 10 seconds.  In UW even if an ambush is executed flawlessly and the target is unsuspecting the TTK in the game is horrendous for a pvp game.

I remember getting info in DFO that a grp of 15 people were completely decked out in dragon/infernal with R70/R80 weapons on battlemounts etc etc and they were coming to hit our city.  We set up and ambush with 2 guys on a flamethrower and lightning cannon and 7 of us outside the walls hiding behind a rock.  As the opponents dismounted and started to sneak up to the walls we unleashed the cannons and a volley of R90s and toxics into their grp and then charged in to mop up those that weren't killed right away.  From the start to finish 17 seconds went by and 9 of us wiped out 15 completely decked out people that were upset that we had been hitting their city all day.  In UW if you try and ambush like that people would just dash and stampede off and the fight would've been completely drawn out to where the more skilled, lesser number grp would've been wiped by the larger numbered better geared force simply because skill means nothing in the game. 

The fanbois of UW call it fun, it's their opinion and they are entitled to it.  But DFO was created under the understanding that the devs stated how they were UO, SB, DaoC, AC players and they wanted to create a hardcore play2crush style of pvp game....DFO was kind of close to that style of game....UW is not.  The adrenline rush you got in DFO is not matched in UW.  The fact that you could go out into the world in DFO decked in dragon with Q5 enchants and R80s and still die in seconds if you didn't know what you were doing created a rush everytime you went out.  In UW if you are decked in the best gear and run out it will take forever for people to kill you if they are decked similarly regardless of your player skill.  As long as you know which direction to run to safety then you can survive a fight....and that is not an aspect that a pvp oriented game should have.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

@Scrappy_Doo

So explain how terrain matters now?  Can you come hither people off mountains or hills or walls?  Can you trap bottlenecks that they can't just dash through or stampede through?   Other then having to slightly angle your view upwards or downwards is having the high ground an important thing now because of knock ups or knock backs(which don't fully exist any longer in UW)? 

You obviously are one of the people that benefit from not needing player skill in a pvp game and thus enjoy UW because you are in one of the larger clans(by large I mean 15-20 actives) left playing the game.

Thank you for your reply and showing us that you are another blind fanboi that knows nothing of what the game was and what the game has become and what it should've become.

again....wrong on every point.

for one example, my guild has more like 60-70 actives. 

we get more than 15-20 regularly in TeamSpeak. 

i've been in the game on/off since DF1 beta....... etc. etc.

there's more like 3 without even meaning to address all your drivel.

again, you're totally wrong on everything.

this isn't about fanboying a game, this is about fanboying reality.

thanks for your reply showing you are a typical forum poster that can spew nothing other than all the usual forum cliches, right down to the #1 go-to cliched tactic of trying to reduce everything to fanboyism.

Corpus Callosum    

again....wrong on every point.

for one example, my guild has more like 60-70 actives. 

we get more than 15-20 regularly in TeamSpeak. 

i've been in the game on/off since DF1 beta....... etc. etc.

there's more like 3 without even meaning to address all your drivel.

again, you're totally wrong on everything.

this isn't about fanboying a game, this is about fanboying reality.

thanks for your reply showing you are a typical forum poster that can spew nothing other than all the usual forum cliches, right down to the #1 go-to cliched tactic of trying to reduce everything to fanboyism.

So you weren't able to address my questions about terrain and the need for skill to pvp in the game....but you were able to admit that you are in fact one of the members of the 2 or 3 active clans left playing the game with 15-20 actives on at a time.  Which you state as though its some sort of huge number.  Thank you for proving my points and showing your fanboi-ness.

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

its laughable... serieusly... how can people call this a mmorpg if you talking about 10 or 20 actives..

This is truely fanboyisme.. i understand it tho... you like the game and want to fight more people ingame..

Sorry if you missed the glory days of darkfall..  but there is no need to color things up when  its clearly not..

this in an information forum.. people wanne know if the game is populated or/and good decent state

2 more months and will we see if av still excists..