Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

superbe Armor/cloth/dye/outfits/cosmetics variation and Fieldboss and siege machanics

exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

Epic armor design. Epic mosnter design. Epic upcoming mmo. credits go to Steparu.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOtK90tv5L0

Fieldboss and siege mechanics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBI_ddqjYms

Ive also read that armor is brakeable.

Comments

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    I wonder if the russians will get this gem before us again ....
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by exile01

Epic armor design. Epic mosnter design. Epic upcoming mmo. credits go to Steparu.com

Ive also read that armor is brakeable.

Don't worry, there's probably a potion or magic stone/gem/rune in the Cash Shop that will stop or slow down the breaking of the armour. It will work for 7 days at a time...

• shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113

Are there more information about the monetization of this game? All I came across is this 

Black Desert will be Free-to-Play, with a business model known as “partial monetization"

Source: http://mmoculture.com/2014/12/black-desert-open-beta-officially-begins-in-2-weeks-in-south-korea/

Sounds like another p2w cashshop to me.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by shukolade

Are there more information about the monetization of this game? All I came across is this 

Black Desert will be Free-to-Play, with a business model known as “partial monetization"

Source: http://mmoculture.com/2014/12/black-desert-open-beta-officially-begins-in-2-weeks-in-south-korea/

Sounds like another p2w cashshop to me.

nothing is free in this world. Any it will have probably costums and vip options(for housing)- and the worst will be probably reinforcment bonuses (if they add that). Enchantment stones are in every asian f2p game-sooner or later.

• GabiruGabiru Member UncommonPosts: 63
    looks like a good game but if it's f2p ou p2w I pass
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

ArcheAge will leave a really bad taste in everyone's mouth in regards to F2P PvP games. How unfortunate Black Desert is following the same piss poor philosophy. It's F2P AND PvP with a cash shop, so I'm already giving up cause there's no way a gaming company will do this right.

Doesn't matter how you try to spin it. Such as people saying it's nothing like ArcheAge. Yes, it is. It's basically ArcheAge with TERA style combat. Doesn't really matter though, it's core is F2P PvP with cash shop. So no matter what you decide, you can't deny that HUGE red flag.

This shouldnt be surprising - many ex-XL employees who worked on ArcheAge made Black Desert 

Other than combat - the 2 games are eerily similar down to labor system (called stamina system in Black Desert which are points used for farming and crafting that regen over time). Crafting and running trade packs (which go on your back and slow you down) is also present in Black Desert.

In am looking forward to BD as a huge fan of AA - it will live or die by its combat - as that is the biggest differentiator from ArcheAge.

As far as monetization goes - makes zero difference to me - if the game is good players will play it no matter what.

The % of players that decide not to play something solely due to monetization is tiny and insignificant.

Obviously, the more important factor is that the amount of players who are prepared to spend REAL money to compete in MMO's is definitely NOT tiny and insignificant ! image

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

ArcheAge will leave a really bad taste in everyone's mouth in regards to F2P PvP games. How unfortunate Black Desert is following the same piss poor philosophy. It's F2P AND PvP with a cash shop, so I'm already giving up cause there's no way a gaming company will do this right.

Doesn't matter how you try to spin it. Such as people saying it's nothing like ArcheAge. Yes, it is. It's basically ArcheAge with TERA style combat. Doesn't really matter though, it's core is F2P PvP with cash shop. So no matter what you decide, you can't deny that HUGE red flag.

You do realize that The Repopulation is also F2P PvP with cash shop?  Some one will call their cash shop P2W, that is inevitable.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by DMKano

This shouldnt be surprising - many ex-XL employees who worked on ArcheAge made Black Desert 

Other than combat - the 2 games are eerily similar down to labor system (called stamina system in Black Desert which are points used for farming and crafting that regen over time). Crafting and running trade packs (which go on your back and slow you down) is also present in Black Desert.

In am looking forward to BD as a huge fan of AA - it will live or die by its combat - as that is the biggest differentiator from ArcheAge.

As far as monetization goes - makes zero difference to me - if the game is good players will play it no matter what.

The % of players that decide not to play something solely due to monetization is tiny and insignificant.

You are delusional.  There is nothing more that can be said of your view of Archeage.  I would say thousands upon thousands left Archeage because of it's monetization strategy.  Thousands more left because of all the other issues.

A game being pay to win doesn't matter to you?  That's really saying something about your character.