Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion worlds official denies 10% discount was advertised.

Comments

• LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Thanks -- it's been a rough week and I needed a good laugh and your link provided it.  This wasn't the reason I stopped playing AA but it was just one of the many signs that Trion had bitten off more than it could chew.  I mean, heck, I would have understood if the NA launch had been the first Archeage launch but it was the third...  They had plenty of data on how a launch is going to go and knew the NA market from a couple of their own offerings.  And yet they continue to make hilariously large missteps. 
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Really surprised this has not become a class action yet.  

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

For a REALLY good laugh check this out.

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/06/archeage-patron-program-apex/

Do a ctrl+f for 10 and you'll find it right in their patron description pre-launch. Heh, "was never advertised" my booty :).

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

"These are not the droids you're looking for." *waves hand*

"pssst hey Phil . . . do you think they bought it?"

"oh they bought it alright! lololmoney!"

• SassiesSassies Member Posts: 24

At first I couldn't believe it and then I laughed hard that they (Trion) are that stupid.

Here is also a nice big summary where you can find much information and links:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?56603-No-10-Discount-on-Marketplace-Purchases

Here is one of many replies from Trion in that thread:

After Trion closed this first thread down without a reason, another thread was created right after:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?123563-No-10-Discount-on-Marketplace-Purchases-2

It was even advertised and discussed here on mmorpg.com and many more sites:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/31591/Patron-Program-and-APEX-Revealed

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/422972/Trions-10-or-lack-thereof.html

Also funny that on 9 October Trion did respond to the 10% Discount and promised it was retroactive.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/10/09/trion-responds-to-archeages-10-percent-patron-discount-controve/

No tricks, no traps!

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Actually this is really pathetic. Trion is rapidly becoming one of those mud league companies that anyone with half a brain should avoid not to get ripped off at some point.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    At this point, I do not believe a single word out of Trion's camp. Much less their repeated mantra that they can't touch XL's code. 
  • GyzarGyzar Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by psiic

If it does, I'll be one of the first first in line to join it. Sunk a lot of money into this crapfest. Would be nice to see them get some blowback in the wallet. 

"Blood! Of Course There's Blood You Fool!!"

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Officially, they couldn't give the originally promised 10% discount "due to technical difficulties". The nature of these difficulties remains a mystery to this day, but luckily they were able to implement a much reduced discount without any problems.

Basically, Trion had no idea which of their listed benefits could actually be implemented (wtf ?)

The old saying "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ineptitude" most likely applies. Trion's Marketing Dept. either misunderstood their communications with XLGames, or the other way round, or perhaps even both. Maybe they just never cleared it with XLGames, thinking "oh, this should be easy to do, it's a piece of cake in all our own games...".

The fact that they could implement the workaround-discount "without requiring developer bandwidth" shows that implementing the originally offered discount option had to be done by XLGames. The request was obviously refused by XLGames. 

The Cash Shop is accessed from within AA, and its code belongs to XLGames. It allows "blanket discounts" available to all (such as the Black Friday offer), but cannot offer discounts to specific groups of players only (i.e. patrons). So Trion were forced to implement the discount in their own back-end system, at the point where the player buys Cash Shop credits. That is part of Trion's account and billing management software, which they have full control of.

Naturally, no business taking money from customers wants to look like a bunch of clueless fools, so whatever went wrong will be covered-up and obfuscated as much as possible. Admitting honest blunders and missteps opens the door for refund claims and even legal action, so never admit liability under any circumstances !

• GyzarGyzar Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Sassies

At first I couldn't believe it and then I laughed hard that they (Trion) are that stupid.

Here is also a nice big summary where you can find much information and links:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?56603-No-10-Discount-on-Marketplace-Purchases

Here is one of many replies from Trion in that thread:

After Trion closed this first thread down without a reason, another thread was created right after:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?123563-No-10-Discount-on-Marketplace-Purchases-2

It was even advertised and discussed here on mmorpg.com and many more sites:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/31591/Patron-Program-and-APEX-Revealed

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/422972/Trions-10-or-lack-thereof.html

Also funny that on 9 October Trion did respond to the 10% Discount and promised it was retroactive.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/10/09/trion-responds-to-archeages-10-percent-patron-discount-controve/

No tricks, no traps!

It's almost as if Trion has no idea of how the internet works, which of course is bullshit. They're just trying the old "If you tell a lie often enough, and loud enough, everyone will believe it's true" that  Fox Noize uses everyday. Hope they go down in flames and have their wallets catch on fire. 

"Blood! Of Course There's Blood You Fool!!"

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    What is to sad is that Rift and Trion were synonymous with quality to me. Now Trion has been blemished by one poor decision after another. They should pull out of everything except Rift and regroup, building back up from it.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    They screwed Defiance players completely and turned it into an RNG cash shop game, and obviously that's the focus of ArcheAge. They're doing it to Rift too, just more slowly.
  • jbriskeyjbriskey Member UncommonPosts: 43
    The best part is my original account for this site, one created and used since 2010, was banned for saying negative things about this game. The comments weren't even that bad, especially compared to every other comment in every thread for this game now. Oh well. Screw this crap game. I'm glad it's flopping hard.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Trion and archeage can go to hell. I am never going to buy any game from them even if its the best thing since sliced bread.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by psiic

People can try but Trion not only company as lie about stuff and made tons people mad.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

I bought in the archeum founder at $150 and  never got the 10% discount as it was advertised.

But I am not expecting anything have written off this game

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    What is to sad is that Rift and Trion were synonymous with quality to me. Now Trion has been blemished by one poor decision after another. They should pull out of everything except Rift and regroup, building back up from it.

They were,you have different standards than me,however i am also very educated on game design and know slack effort when i see it.Remember they had those Beta tests with tons of players to help them prepare for launch?Well ya Que ue's not ready for launch.

Then the first steps in Rift was everyone started in the same "warehouse".Sadly the assets were cheap and repeated around the warehouse that was also cheap looking.Once outside in the game,the action and sound was done well but again the assets looked cheap and like modules dotted around instead of looking like they belong there.How about the selling point of the game ..."Rifts",great on paper right,i bought into it.In actuality they were nothing but repeated spawn points,random but not so random.It could or SHOULD have been a lot better,it was the main selling point of the game.

So no Trion was never considered a good developer by me,was Rift a decent first effort,well i would say yes but you also need to realize their team are not amateurs out of school they are veterans of he industry.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

I came back to play Rift after years away since it was f2p. Was enjoying myself until the huge account compromises earlier this year that resulted in accounts being hacked and charged with AA founder crap. After that I made the decision that Trion is not a company I would support. This was before all the AA problems.

The point of that little story is pay attention to the signs. Trion showed their face with their lack of security of accounts. Not only that it tooks weeks to a month to fix the damage. Trion just did not appear to, to me, to be capable of being a top publishing company. With the recent screw-up of AA my own opinion just may be a fact at this point. /shrug

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by sassoonss

I bought in the archeum founder at $150 and  never got the 10% discount as it was advertised.

But I am not expecting anything have written off this game

Request a chargeback from your bank or paypal.  You are legally entitled to a refund because Trion didn't keep their end of the deal when it comes to founders packs and the 10% discount (people requesting charge backs for other things wrong with Archeage is more iffy. But when it comes to the 10% discount for founders packs, the law is very clear on the matter).