Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned from the game permanently

mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

for asking what happened this morning when the server crashed and the forums were not available. No response or e-mail explaining anything. The devs didnt bother to post anything in Facebook or twitter about the problem they are having and now the website forum is down again.

So if you dont want to be ban from the game dont ask or suggest anything about why the game and the forums are down.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by mayito7777

for asking what happened this morning when the server crashed and the forums were not available. No response or e-mail explaining anything. The devs didnt bother to post anything in Facebook or twitter about the problem they are having and now the website forum is down again.

So if you dont want to be ban from the game dont ask or suggest anything about why the game and the forums are down.

Yup,  this is the same for every game. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by DMKano

Often its not what you ask but how you ask it.

I am going to make a wild guess that your post was not just a simple question.

Of course it was more than a simple question.  Once you scratch beneath the surface you only then get the full story. 

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    There are probably only a dozen or so MMO players in the world who haven't seen these threads end with an admission that "I only botted a little." or "but death threats aren't serious," so you'll probably want to post a screenshot of the text of your message on their forums if you want to be taken seriously.
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

Here is the link to the topic

https://forums.huntedcow.com/topic/69896-what-the-hell-happened/

I made another post where I suggested to use twitter and Facebook to inform the players when problems arose but that post was deleted or I was banned while I was trying to post it. Maybe they got upset with the title of my post? Dunno what happened maybe a knee jerk reaction from one of the mods, anyways I submitted a ticket and no response, at least in other games when you are banned permanently you get an e-mail notfiying you why, but no e-mail so far.

Also I dont bot, you dont need in this game beacuse there is no Auction House to sell anything or guilds or anything like that.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Yep. The people in these 1 sentence "game banned me" thread never tell the whole story.

There should be an option in these forums to play a violin track in the background when we read their post, to make us feel a bit more sympathetic toward them.

Originally posted by askdaboss

Yep. The people in these 1 sentence "game banned me" thread never tell the whole story.

There should be an option in these forums to play a violin track in the background when we read their post, to make us feel a bit more sympathetic toward them.

I provided the link so you can check and let me know what did I say that was wrong?

I provided the link so you can check and let me know what did I say that was wrong?

This thread is still up, so I don't think it is the thread the game company is worried about. I would hazard the guess it is about this other post that was apparently removed.

You've asked the mods for an answer, so wait and see.

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606

I read your post and also your post/topic history and I dont see you saying anything that would warrant a ban.

"Guys, you need to be on top of your ball."

That is the only part of any of your posts that I see that could upset a mod. To get banned for that statement is just plain stupid.

You are either not telling the whole story as others have noted or you caught a disgruntled Hunted Cow employee at the wrong time lol.

This thread is still up, so I don't think it is the thread the game company is worried about. I would hazard the guess it is about this other post that was apparently removed.

You see what happened this morning was that the servers were down, so I went to twitter and ask them, no response and nothing posted, I went to Steam forum no answers and other posts from players with the same problem, went to facebook the same story, so I really didnt do anything that deserve a permanent ban from the game.,

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Here is the link to the topic

https://forums.huntedcow.com/topic/69896-what-the-hell-happened/

I made another post where I suggested to use twitter and Facebook to inform the players when problems arose but that post was deleted or I was banned while I was trying to post it. Maybe they got upset with the title of my post? Dunno what happened maybe a knee jerk reaction from one of the mods, anyways I submitted a ticket and no response, at least in other games when you are banned permanently you get an e-mail notfiying you why, but no e-mail so far.

Also I dont bot, you dont need in this game beacuse there is no Auction House to sell anything or guilds or anything like that.

Someone in your tread you got banned for pointed you to where you can get answers. If the devs are posting in the FS Down topic whats going on and you post a what the hell, it can seem a little toxic. 

You see what happened this morning was that the servers were down, so I went to twitter and ask them, no response and nothing posted, I went to Steam forum no answers and other posts from players with the same problem, went to facebook the same story, so I really didnt do anything that deserve a permanent ban from the game.,

I don't think you did anything wrong from what we can see...

Sometimes companies ban people who create a new thread about an existing topic, especially if these threads are about sensitive topics such as "downtime", "moderation on the forums", etc.

Just to prevent people from spamming the forums with 100 new threads asking for the same answer again and again, with people insulting game devs in each new thread (I've seen that before). It can get pretty heated in forums.

If they have banned 100 loud mouths in the last hour or so, maybe you got caught up in that.

Thank guys for the input. I am just dumbfounded about the reprisal for asking a question, I could understand been banned from the forums but banned permanently from the game as well, seems a little bit over the top.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Thank guys for the input. I am just dumbfounded about the reprisal for asking a question, I could understand been banned from the forums but banned permanently from the game as well, seems a little bit over the top.

as it had been said above: the post you linked is most likely NOT THE REASON FOR YOUR BAN, since that post isn't even closed or anything.

bans tend to need some time, from the action that causes them via the user that reports that action and last but not least to the GM handling that report and giving the punishment.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Took me 2 min to find an official post about their systems being down. Your post is really rude for an official forum and anything toxic normally gets shut down fast for any game. 

Here is the link...

https://forums.huntedcow.com/topic/69898-emergency-maintenance-10th-dec-2014/

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Took me 2 min to find an official post about their systems being down. Your post is really rude for an official forum and anything toxic normally gets shut down fast. 

Here is the link...

Rude???? Have you read the topics around here?

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Took me 2 min to find an official post about their systems being down. Your post is really rude for an official forum and anything toxic normally gets shut down fast. 

Here is the link...

Rude???? Have you read the topics around here?

This is the place to trash talk a game for its flaws, official forums are a different place. If you dont get that learn it now or you will get banned from more games. 

Mods you can close this topic, I found the reason, seems someone tried to hack my account.

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Had that happen when my account got banned because of hack attempts. Would be nice if they sent out an automated response when this happens.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

You can always play ArcheAge. Apparently you can hack and exploit in that game and receive maybe a weekend ban.  Some even claim you get to keep your ill gotten loot.  Look in to it!

The way things are going now I may just quit playing MMOs for good.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Maybe you aren't banned maybe be a little patient and see if they are having account issues because of the servers being down.

The way things are going now I may just quit playing MMOs for good.

Ya with MMOs you have to be ready to live with servers going down from time to time. If that upsets you, MMOs may not be your thing.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Also says original post was edited so who knows when that was done. Maybe you had some obscene rant filled post, thought about it, edited and then was banned for the original posting (not sure if they can track, just saying).

If it is just based off what is currently there I don't see anything wrong.

• HCS-RadnetoHCS-Radneto Member Posts: 64

Hey folks,

John here from Hunted Cow, we did have some server connectivity issues this week but certainly we wouldn't ban anyone for asking about them.

We've now resolved the issues some users were having, but if you still have issues you can contact us via our support site and we'll certainly do our very best to help.

https://www.huntedcow.com/support

Currently working around the clock on Eldevin

Yep after talking with one of the GMs who was very nice in listening to me, there was a problem with another game that is part of the family, so seems Fallen Sword servers had problems and affected Eldevin, my account was banned in Fallen Sword but that includes all the other games as well, but after researching everything was cleared up. Thank you GMs.