Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Take a look at this piece of awesome

2»

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Octagon7711

How is this different from Archeage?

BD Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAXKabFmCGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66eACzd7uNc

My wife and I played AA for all of 10 min. Could not take the disjointed way the avatars moved. How they walked. Fighting in the newbe area was so clunky I was not going to invest any more time to find out if it got better. Maybe I missed out on something but for me, I have not played a worse 10 min of any MMO to date. AA wins that title from me, not worth 10 min of my time.

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308

The world looks nice and all but how can I take the devs of this game seriously when they name it black desert? My 2 year old son probably would have found a better name for a mmorpg.

edit: saw the whole video and didn't see a desert in it...if I told you I'm selling you candies and sweets but instead I sold you salty nuts is it the same as selling the sweets?

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Originally posted by SoloAnything

The world looks nice and all but how can I take the devs of this game seriously when they name it black desert? My 2 year old son probably would have found a better name for a mmorpg.

edit: saw the whole video and didn't see a desert in it...if I told you I'm selling you candies and sweets but instead I sold you salty nuts is it the same as selling the sweets?

If I was selling 'Black Gold' what would I be selling? Just cause its called 'Black Desert' does not mean it must be talking about a literal desert, just saying.

• KirrikKirrik Member UncommonPosts: 70

I agree the name might not be the best. There is however  a desert in the World Tour video, about two thirds in.

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by jmlane223

If I was selling 'Black Gold' what would I be selling? Just cause its called 'Black Desert' does not mean it must be talking about a literal desert, just saying.

I'm more inclined to believe its poor translation from korean to english but I wouldn't know better so im not judgemental about it. Either way the name shouldn't mean anything to you, gameplay should. 

Hey I love Guild Wars 2 yet guild wars are very rare thing which is also a player made thing. No need to bash a good game for its name. In the end Gw2's name is justified by its lore. If im wrong and black desert is not a bad translation there will probably be something lore related to shed some light if its such a big issue for you