Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons Solo

AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I read an article that said once you reach 100, and you are geared decent, you can run dungeons up to and a ways into Cataclysm solo. I thought that sounds kind of fun to do so I decided to make a quick spreadsheet of the dungeons I do and check them off as I go. What amazed me was how many dungeons the World of Warcraft actually has. Ya, I have played the game since it's release, but unless you look at a list of them you don't really appreciate what you get for the subscription.

WoW Instances

The World of Warcraft may have turned south for a while, but WoD has shown what polish can do to a falling star.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Amjoco

I read an article that said once you reach 100, and you are geared decent, you can run dungeons up to and a ways into Cataclysm solo. I thought that sounds kind of fun to do so I decided to make a quick spreadsheet of the dungeons I do and check them off as I go. What amazed me was how many dungeons the World of Warcraft actually has. Ya, I have played the game since it's release, but unless you look at a list of them you don't really appreciate what you get for the subscription.

WoW Instances

The World of Warcraft may have turned south for a while, but WoD has shown what polish can do to a falling star.

You can even solo the heroic raids from old content. This has been quite popular for transmog set collection and i have been doing this since MOP.

Since no one does old content anymore Blizz made sure that players can solo run old dungeons/raids who love collecting transmog sets.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Been able to solo pandaland heroics at 90 when fully geared before WoD. Can solo Heroic panda lands at 100 too without being well geared, just depends on the class that has an easier/harder time doing it.
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    Been able to solo pandaland heroics at 90 when fully geared before WoD. Can solo Heroic panda lands at 100 too without being well geared, just depends on the class that has an easier/harder time doing it.

Sure you did.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Sure you did.

Yeah cause 1.5M health ret palys didn't exist that could solo heros. Youtube it.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Well I'm just going to do it for the fun of it! Not collecting any gear for transmogs or anything. Just sounds fun to say I did it. :) I just need to set aside the time. I'm busy doing other stuff in the game right now like getting caught up on the battle pets. I also actually fished in this expansion and finally got Nat Pagle at my fishing shack. I recommend this to the Nation Insomnia Association! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Well I'm just going to do it for the fun of it! Not collecting any gear for transmogs or anything. Just sounds fun to say I did it. :) I just need to set aside the time. I'm busy doing other stuff in the game right now like getting caught up on the battle pets. I also actually fished in this expansion and finally got Nat Pagle at my fishing shack. I recommend this to the Nation Insomnia Association! 

That is great but if you start with transmog collection you will get addicted. I actually have no more place left for transmog sets. I make sure to that my Orc Shaman always looks bad ass in transmogs ;)

Currently working on Cata raid sets. For millions transmog is end game and it is damn fun.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

That is great but if you start with transmog collection you will get addicted. I actually have no more place left for transmog sets. I make sure to that my Orc Shaman always looks bad ass in transmogs ;)

Currently working on Cata raid sets. For millions transmog is end game and it is damn fun.

Have to agree that the transmog hunt is fun and time consuming. I haven't started running raid content just yet as I am working on my first 100 still since I get sidetracked by everything and haven't hit the 100 mark. I can see transmog and mount collecting soaking up quite a bit of game time for me in the near future. the only downside I see is that you have to keep the gear to transmog so space will become an issue.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    You can solo Cata raids with green 100 gear.
  • KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198
    Those dungeons should be scaled up or something. That's a lot of wasted content that people will only do as transmog runs where you can 1 shot most stuff. Pretty senseless and boring.
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Kinado
    Those dungeons should be scaled up or something. That's a lot of wasted content that people will only do as transmog runs where you can 1 shot most stuff. Pretty senseless and boring.

I agree. WoW has a ton of content that ends up becoming obsolete very fast due to the speed of leveling. If they were able to make all of this content useful, fun, and challenging at level 100 that would be awesome.

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240

A decent appreciation post quickly transformed into a bragfest. Kind of expected from the community.

And yes, all the remake dungeons are decent too.. Most of them bought back so many thoughtful memories.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx Originally posted by Albatroes Been able to solo pandaland heroics at 90 when fully geared before WoD. Can solo Heroic panda lands at 100 too without being well geared, just depends on the class that has an easier/harder time doing it.
    Sure you did.

Yeah cause 1.5M health ret palys didn't exist that could solo heros. Youtube it.

This was 100% a thing, had a warlock run my rogue through an MOP dungeon by herself.
  • Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

No they shouldn't be scaled up.  And no it's not senseless.  It's specifically FOR transmog gear.  The transmog system was designed in a way to make those old raids still useful.  

Soloing old raids is a blast.  We talk all the time about "nostalgia" on this board, and Blizzard has incorporated a great system to bring some of that back.  And people still complain  about it.  

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

WoW Instances

You can even solo the heroic raids from old content. This has been quite popular for transmog set collection and i have been doing this since MOP.

Since no one does old content anymore Blizz made sure that players can solo run old dungeons/raids who love collecting transmog sets.

I picked up the 4.99 deal for all Wow content through Mists.  First time WoW player here.  I have had no issue finding players to run these "old" dungeons or as they are labelled "classic".   I think my longest wait has been 6 minutes or so.  Maybe lots of people like me bought in to the 4.99 deal. 

Also, didnt realize you could run these dungeons solo.  Highest character is lvl 40 and I notice in the dungeon locator the earlier dungeons disappeared from the finder list.  

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Well, you have to go to the location and walk inside like the olden days.
  • seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

Yes at certain levels they vanish form the Looking for Group tool but if you go to the location of the dungeons themself you can enter the portal and do them solo or with friends if you wish. There is even the teleport stone at the entrance or not far from it.

Some of them have been change with cata but some are still the old fashion dungeons we used to know in vanilla. 

couple that comes to mind that change was deadmines ( VC ) and Scarlet Monastery. 

• anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Varex12

No they shouldn't be scaled up.  And no it's not senseless.  It's specifically FOR transmog gear.  The transmog system was designed in a way to make those old raids still useful.  

Soloing old raids is a blast.  We talk all the time about "nostalgia" on this board, and Blizzard has incorporated a great system to bring some of that back.  And people still complain  about it.  

That :) Then again, they do have  in the past upped a few old dungeons to be optional maxlevel dungeons but that did not took the low level versions out of the picture.

Except Pandaria raids, the boss trio in the timeless something raid played soccer with my DK (as tha ball)  :P