Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this an MMO

momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

are there hundreds of people playing at a time? I heard there are only a max of 8 people per map... is that true? or does how the mmo aspect work?

Thanks

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I love playing this, but nothing about it is MMO.

At most you'll have 8 players racing at a time, and while you're supposed to see people driving around regularly, you rarely will, sometimes players don't join your "session" at all and It's basically singleplayer.

The queue for PvP races usually takes ages, and while the missions in the game can be done "co-op" i played through the entire game, and only ever saw people accept my co op request twice.

I loved playing through this game, but now that I've finished the missions and am level capped ( took 24 hours with a bit of messing around in between ) there is really nothing to do.

I'm pretty happy with 20+ hours though.

But yeah.. This is a Online multiplayer game, if you're lucky.

• mactographymactography Member Posts: 16

They claim it is mmo but its not no matter what they say.

The *access* to hundreds of players is nothing more than a lobby albeit one that you cannot choose who you join with like a server.

total let down tbh because its great fun as a single player but multiplayer wise its a let down in so many ways :(

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Just bought this with my eyes open to its shortcomings. Indeed the "massively" in mmorpg seems misleading because it is there only in the abstract. Kinda like a gimped original Guild Wars if that makes any sense. But mmorpg elements are there like persistent and seamless world. And the grind. But I'll take a grind based on active playing rather than watching cooldowns any day.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    It could be considered massively, in the sense that you can have many different people enter and leave your area.  In the sense of most MMOs it is not though.  I think of it more like the original Guild Wars without town hubs.