Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open World PVP

2»

Comments

• IzureIzure Member Posts: 518

I got this one guys,

THERE IS NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( FOR ME :) )

Right now the games sucks, the ones I tried:

Mortal Online, I love the combat, but horrible game coding, bad game design, and small dev team, and lack of content.

Darkfall, Lack of sandbox content, fun but kinda stupid combat system yet somewhat skillful, bad game design, dumb medium dev team

Eve Online: awesome open world pvp, great sandbox, but one thing ITS BORING AS HELL, Combat is the worst in this game(if you like me who likes action) Even SWG out dues this one combat wise and thats a 15 yr old game +

I dont know man AA looks like shit and not meaningful pvp IMO and the combat looks stupid.

I am waiting to try gloria victis, the repop, maybe black desert, albion online, star citizen.

The repop looks like SWG and well done and it will have a hardcore ruleset

Gloria could be what MO was supposed to be but more PVP focused which IMO is better for me.

Black desert I heard about it but dont know about it

Albion online looks like a more PVP focused UO, I am liking it more and more.

Star citizen looks nice and looks nice on paper but I need a new comp and I doubt the devs can deliver that nice of graphics and awesome game play but we will see.

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

Lots of open world PvP games, too bad most of them suck:

EVE: the game's been released for, something like 10 years or so now? With the progression system in the game taking real-time and being queued, you're doomed to forever be a bottom-feeder if you enter the game at this stage. There is no "catching up", you're always going to be the stuff the other players scrape off their shoe in between traveling.

Plus you have a very un-intuitive combat, GUI, play system that has been added on to and updated for 10 years. It was complicated when it started, and required a shit-ton of reading tool tips to figure out what skills did what, when, where, why and how. Add a decade's worth of updates to that with even more being added, while being a newbie and having to actually read and comprehend all of it, and the current state of the game exceeds anything a sane person would be willing to subject themselves to voluntarily!

Darkfall: Is dead. There are hard-core, die-hard players you'll see on here trying to coax you into playing the game, but don't think there's a healthy community surrounding it any more. People come on here and pretty much try to recruit fresh meat for the grinder.

AA: was a waste of code. It forces you down rails for 30 or so levels and has been monopolized by a couple zerg guilds, which prevents individuals form really accomplishing much of anything after level 30. F2P is too limiting to actually do anything with unless you spend money on it. Trion has screwed up over and over again with the publishing, release and new content added, and basically single-handedly killed the game upon launch. Not to mention, the PvP has no point to it since there's little to risk or gain.

Why don't you just go for a straightforward FPS/PVP game? DayZ, maybe? I personally, get annoyed with the time sinks most of these style MMOs end up being just so you can one day, hope to compete with other players in a battle.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

EVE online is really the only game that does open world pvp the right way, no other game really work the way it does which disappoints me year after year not seeing a fantasy based game with the same kind of open world interaction as EVE.

Originally posted by Lerxst

EVE: the game's been released for, something like 10 years or so now? With the progression system in the game taking real-time and being queued, you're doomed to forever be a bottom-feeder if you enter the game at this stage. There is no "catching up", you're always going to be the stuff the other players scrape off their shoe in between traveling.

Plus you have a very un-intuitive combat, GUI, play system that has been added on to and updated for 10 years. It was complicated when it started, and required a shit-ton of reading tool tips to figure out what skills did what, when, where, why and how. Add a decade's worth of updates to that with even more being added, while being a newbie and having to actually read and comprehend all of it, and the current state of the game exceeds anything a sane person would be willing to subject themselves to voluntarily!

Most common misconception ever in EVE, with the way skills work it only takes a few months to be competitive with veterans. The only thing you won't be doing is piloting the biggest of ships.  With the direction they have going with the game this is even more true as ship rebalancing has provided viable options for newer players makes it even easier for people to get started having fun with the pvp.  Join a corp who regularly does pvp and even if you've only played for a month or two I promise they will have a role for you to play that's not just cannon fodder. Recently frigates and cruisers have become very important in pvp.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Lineage 2 was the best pvp game ever imo. It was meaningful where clans could gain control over the most valuable resorces in the game. Chaotic players could drop items on death and items in Lineage 2 took weeks and months to get. I like that system much more than full loot. 

If I had to go with a game today it would be TERA. Its open world to where anybody can kill anybody and it also has clan wars. Its not Lineage 2 pvp but its the next best thing. If only chaotic players could drop items on death.

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

Which of these games has the most thriving open world PVP?

I don't really care if it has a point. I used to think TERA was pretty awesome.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA.