Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I would sub instantly if they had a non cash shop server.

2»

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Yeah, AA would be pretty good if there was no p2w, hacks or exploits.  That'll never happen though.
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

Originally posted by Reizla
    I would not even consider subscribing to the game. It's full of bots, unresolved exploits and hacks... I even bought the alpha package for €135, enjoyed the (pretty clean) gameplay for those 8 months or so, but at the end the mentioned problems kinda killed it for me :(

Originally posted by holdenhamlet
    Yeah, AA would be pretty good if there was no p2w, hacks or exploits.  That'll never happen though.

I would pay for a sub only server but as mentioned above, Trion would have to sort out the issues mentioned above before I even consider giving them any more money.

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Just wondering, you do realise that no cash shop means no labor pots right? So you'd be stuck with the 2.8ish k you get per day max if you idle/stay online 24h.
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by Alumicard
    Just wondering, you do realise that no cash shop means no labor pots right? So you'd be stuck with the 2.8ish k you get per day max if you idle/stay online 24h.

No cash shop would mean equal labour regen on and offline, and at a more sensible rate, rather than one that 'encourages' people to go to a cash shop.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by Athisar

No cash shop would mean equal labour regen on and offline, and at a more sensible rate, rather than one that 'encourages' people to go to a cash shop.

Removing the cash shop does not give a boost to labor regeneration. The regeneration is not there to encourage the cash shop, the cash shop is there to increase the regeneration for money, rather than time. Without the cash shop, you just have time.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JackFrosty
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

The game originally launched (in Korea) as a P2P sub game, but was converted to full freemium monetisation not long after launch.

Obviously, XLGames were not happy with the revenue generated by the subscription-only model, so it's highly unlikely that they'll be returning to it.

True, but we aren't Koreans, and this isn't Korea.

North American's are sick of being nickeled & dimed & scammed to death with fail2play games.

So you are speaking for the entire North American playerbase now. Can you just drop the pretense and say I instead of we?

I really wish people would stop saying we.  I is more honest and meaningful.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250

In alpha is was double what the release is. It was totally workable at this level.  NA alpha lasted for months and it was great without the cash shop. I would totally play again if the OP's post became a reality.

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by Superman0X

Removing the cash shop does not give a boost to labor regeneration. The regeneration is not there to encourage the cash shop, the cash shop is there to increase the regeneration for money, rather than time. Without the cash shop, you just have time.

I was talking about the way it should be.

I was talking about the way it should be.

If they wanted labor regen to be faster, they could simply change that, without removing the cash shop.

If that is the way it should be... then the cash shop doesn't change that.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

Their desire to sell items in the cash shop explains why labor regeneration is so low, and why the odds of making crafting items are so low.  It's a classic example of how the game design is warped around the need to feed a cash shop.

Originally posted by ohioastro

Their desire to sell items in the cash shop explains why labor regeneration is so low, and why the odds of making crafting items are so low.  It's a classic example of how the game design is warped around the need to feed a cash shop.

If they wanted to sell cash shop items, they would just remove regeneration, and sell labor points via the shop. The cash shop is not the source of these problems, it was the solution... one which you are suggesting be removed. If this removal causes more problems... perhaps this was not the correct solution.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by ohioastro

If they wanted to sell cash shop items, they would just remove regeneration, and sell labor points via the shop. The cash shop is not the source of these problems, it was the solution... one which you are suggesting be removed. If this removal causes more problems... perhaps this was not the correct solution.

No they wouldn't.  Part of the whole business strategy involves obsufication and making the game "just fun enough" to encourage people to spend more.  Removing labor regeneration entirely would go against that.  This is explicitly stated by R2Games' business presentation, and given that they make 27 million a month (probably more today) in the business of F2P games, I'm pretty sure they know what they're talking about.