Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: The Great MMO Face-Off of 2014

123457»

Comments

• xDracxDrac Member UncommonPosts: 201
    How do I even vote? It says "Voting Closed" on every vote? Anyway, Lineage II for the win!

Web & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com

• Boo!

I didn't even know about this. If you want something accurate, don't have a close-off date. Tons of people didn't even know this was going on. 

• sLY4JsLY4J Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Rift should have not been put up against SWTOR. If anything, Rift should have gone against Aion, or even LOTR. SWTOR should be in a bracket with Wildstar and ESO. I don't care what they promote, SWTOR is NOT F2P.
  • HawkadiumHawkadium Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Help
  • badboy4eva21badboy4eva21 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by bangggg4444
    Runescape should win. Best game EVER invented.

• KwiisatzKwiisatz Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I can't wait for the second round! :D
  • belkyrionbelkyrion Member UncommonPosts: 1
    when do second round start???
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Dreamo84
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Note also, the polls must be done on the full site. Not the mobile one. Did I mention I can't wait for the new site?

Did I also mention how much I can't wait for the new site either? Doubtful we're alone on that one.

The randomized matches sort of threw me. I cast my votes for the games I play or care about. My poor Neverwinter and EQ2 are going to get crushed. I predict, in the end, that the Justin Bieber of MMOs will win through sheer brute force of numbers.

Ah, the old set up to invalidate a win. I'm gonna do that too... if WoW doesn't win it's only because people are having too much fun playing it to be bothered with voting.                   

There,

take that.

I'm not invalidating the win. I'm saying they should win through superior numbers. The few games that might compete have numbers shared across them while WoW doesn't have to share its numbers. It's not like GW2 and FFXIV can unite a vote against WoW, while WoW can unite a vote against any single other entity and win.

If WoW doesn't win it will be because the demographics on this site are way out of the mainstream, which is entirely possible, but would be surprising. I suppose there could be an argument that a huge portion of their 10M "subs" are through cafes and timecards in China and their western playerbase isn't as big as they try and market thus they don't have the numbers to win the vote, but that's pure conjecture. While latter may be true it's more likely that simpler demographics explanation is the reason.

Do you care to hazard a guess as to the winner?

After a passive aggressive comment comparing WoW to Justin Bieber it's really hard to take anything you say seriously.

• PonkuPonku Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Wow, some of the results are really unexpected. That TESO bugfest won over Wildstar, Or that DDO won with Star Trek.
  • BittenaBittena Member UncommonPosts: 4

Humm.. well, I just got the news letter in the email today so I missed the first round of voting...  might have made a difference

Aion looses to LOTR..  *sigh*  Aion is so much better of a game..

• AeroDruid13AeroDruid13 Member Posts: 5
    Alas, a day late and a dollar short. Never heard about this poll until the results were posted. :/
  • Lerch2000Lerch2000 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Honestly I don't think Champions has the population any more, Last time I was on CO it was dead (tried for 3 days) so I left. CO is still a fun game but seems to be on its last leg.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I don't get how they matchup games here.
  • skynight007skynight007 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    i would prefer firefall than destiny, destiny ruined my hopes and dreams.