Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bored all ready...

124»

Comments

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by bestman22

I got my death knight to 100  and got caught up on legendary ring, however with removal of flight, removal of tradeskills other than it being a cooldown fest, I feel like there is nothing to do.

Flight has been turned into a convenience only now since  you dont need nor can you sell gathered items since there is no tradeskilling. You really dont need flying at all... however I refuse to go through jumping puzzles to try to get to dailies and rare mobs, its just not worth it at all. Secondly like Panda land before it, I will not level another character without being able to fly WOTLK and Cata spoiled me in that regard.  I just dont like taking the time to go over the same ground on same quests over and over 11 or more times.

I know raids are releasing today but I only LFR which means another week of waiting and then only for 3 mobs of the total.... a whole 1 day next week possibly. woohoo

My char is all ready 635 ilvl I just want to raid, and make belt buckles/ gems like I used to, not be stuck waiting days for anything to do.

I couldn't read past the jumping puzzle comment.  Really?  Jumping puzzles?  Wasn't there another game that had these before WoW?  I think it was G...  Nah, never mind it wasn't that one because there was no jumping in it.  Oh I know!  It was W... man, I don't understand it, it was on the tip of my tongue.  Oh I know!  it was ...2! Yes, it was definitely a sequel I just can't remember which one...

It doesn't matter really because other than creating the original dumbed down, easy mode MMO that was designed to give those without the skill to join a raiding guild in EQ a home and make them believe they are L33T raiders and having the foresight to realize that what L33T raiders really wanted was to introduce Pokémon into a MMO they CLONED/COPIED the game from everyone else then convinced a bunch of pre-pubescent kiddos that it was all Blizzard's idea in the first place.  I mean any real WoW fanboi knows for a fact that UO was cloned from WoW.  Hell, the really hardcore fanbois have proof that Atari cloned Pong from WoW, Blizzard faked the moon landings, Lee Harvey Oswald tried to SAVE Kennedy, and Blizzard was the driving force that caused the Soviet Union to collapse ending the Cold War!  Next, they will cure cancer, end hunger, establish a true utopia, while eliminating hate, anger, greed, obesity, bring peace to Mid-East, and organize every living sole on planet Earth in joining hands and sing in perfect harmony while enjoying a Coke and a smile with the next expansion!

I've always wondered how the winners of the NCAA NIT tournament felt.  I mean to win that means that essentially you are the 69th ranked team in the nation?  That really means they are the 68th looser at best.  Other than the number, why celebrate being that crappy?  I seriously wondered why they celebrate being the best scrubs, that is until I met my first WoW fanboi, then I knew. 

If you are the best player in the original dumbed down, easy mode, take a nap during the Boss fight and live to brag about it cloned MMO designed so that a brain dead monkey sleeping strapped to an operating table with its heart removed can successfully tank any raid, you must know why the 69th ranked team celebrates being 69th right?  Its the same thing.

Ok, those other paragraphs were a tiny bit of sarcasm sprinkled with some dry humor and tossed with just a bit of friendly banter between gamers.  But seriously, cloning parts of other games has always been a part of Blizzards business model with WoW at least.  It's one way they keep it relevant.  They see what worked for Game X or what new mechanic Company Y is introducing and they copy it but tweak something just enough to not get sued and loose for copyright infringement. 

It really doesn't surprise me that they took something from that game (I ain't naming it.  It is the only game that bored me more than WoW), but to copy THAT?!?  Damn, I mean they could have tried to implement REAL dynamic events for crying out loud.  I would actually applaud Blizzard if they would have tried and improved upon that other games pseudo DE and succeeded in producing ANY improvement.  To call what "you know who" pawned off as Dynamic is like calling a roman candle a super nova.  Unworldly, unrealistic, and complete B.S.

First there was Pokémon and now jumping puzzles?  Hey Blizzard, hire some new blood with some actual original thoughts for a change.   Sure, you're still the boss with total subs (I will not mention the Asian pay model inflating those numbers because it will remind fanbois with major inferiority complexes that they really do have little d....!  That wasn't serious so please dry those alligator tears guys) but why not try coming up with something other than dumbing the game down to point where you log in and only have 1 button to push named "I WIN!".  I read somewhere that was the BIG feature to be implemented the expansion after next because they need to clone someone else's work first because their coders are still in pull-ups and are too focused on getting wee in the right bowl for the first time in their lives to even try to implement it on their own.

That was another friendly jab between gamers.  In all seriousness, if WoW bores you then look elsewhere.  Just because it has the most subs doesn't mean its for everyone.  Our lives and tastes change and sometimes we wake up and find that game we used to love now bores us to death.  Keep looking and maybe, just maybe you will find that perfect fit.  Oh, who am I kidding, Companies are more interested in making fast cash and then moving on to the next cash grab, but the pendulum will swing back to them making good games again.  We can always keep hope alive I guess.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Agree, tbc had group quests that you could not solo and heroics needed co-ordination and were not faceroll so people talked. the raids required coordination and shock horror pugs managed fine without the need to dumb Down bosses, trash could kill as well. Wotlk introduced the new concept of guaranteed epixx and no need to communicate appart from heroic raids - and so the decline began.

yeah what a decline a decade old MMO has seen with 7 million players. image

Anyways you have never been a  source of factual information when it comes to WOW but every expansion of WOW release with group quests / content but as people progress towards level caps they remove the group requirement from old content.

WOD has plenty of group content out of raid / dungeons which will get removed once couple of new expansions release and people have moved past that area.

Almost every themepark MMO follows this formula of removing heroics and group content from old zones to make leveling smoother. EQ2 is another perfect example.

• joeadamjoeadam Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Agree, tbc had group quests that you could not solo and heroics needed co-ordination and were not faceroll so people talked. the raids required coordination and shock horror pugs managed fine without the need to dumb Down bosses, trash could kill as well. Wotlk introduced the new concept of guaranteed epixx and no need to communicate appart from heroic raids - and so the decline began.

Anyways you have never been a  source of factual information when it comes to WOW but every expansion of WOW release with group quests / content but as people progress towards level caps they remove the group requirement from old content.

WOD has plenty of group content out of raid / dungeons which will get removed once couple of new expansions release and people have moved past that area.

Almost every themepark MMO follows this formula of removing heroics and group content from old zones to make leveling smoother. EQ2 is another perfect example.

A drop from 12 million to 6.5 million from 2009 to 2014 in 5 years is a big drop.

Originally posted by joeadam

A drop from 12 million to 6.5 million from 2009 to 2014 in 5 years is a big drop.

yes game got old and people's interest wore off. But thanks for missing the point. The decline of WOW din't began because group content or heroics got removed though as that is what i was getting at.

Correlation doesn't mean causation. But since we are at this topic can you show me any other 10 years old MMO with 6.8 million player base? say what you will but for a 10 year old MMO that is an impressive number. 

They could have kept WOW as it is since release the classic and there would still be a sharp decline in population.

yes game got old and people's interest wore off. But thanks for missing the point. The decline of WOW din't began because group content or heroics got removed though as that is what i was getting at.

Correlation doesn't mean causation. But since we are at this topic can you show me any other 10 years old MMO with 6.8 million player base? say what you will but for a 10 year old MMO that is an impressive number. 

They could have kept WOW as it is since release the classic and there would still be a sharp decline in population.

Actually, the stats just bring about speculation but this is my opinion. Wotlk marked a change in wow s direction that many players didn't like, that combined with wows aging made it decline from 2009 to the present despite the release of expansions which failed to retain subscribers.

Actually, the stats just bring about speculation but this is my opinion. Wotlk marked a change in wow s direction that many players didn't like, that combined with wows aging made it decline from 2009 to the present despite the release of expansions which failed to retain subscribers.

Speculate all you want i got no problem with that but the guy i quoted has a habit of passing opinions as facts and he has been doing it for a long time now.

Every WOW expansion  bring in good 3 to 4 million players and after few months the population goes back to 6 to 7 million. This has (in my opinion) more to do with gaming trends than WOW itself. How do i know that? because every MMO sees a jump in pops around new content release and then population dips once gain.

Now if WOW was a unique case i might agree but it isn't. Players have changed and the gaming habits have changed over the years. Now players consume an expac take a break..wait for new content to release, consume again and rinse and repeat.

I would be more worried if players stop coming back to WOW at new expac release. Which isn't the case. Both MOP and WOD saw huge influx of players and this will continue to happen with future expansions.

I am one of those players. I don't play any MMO for years now. i enjoy new content for few months and then take a break till new content is in. I treat every MMO this way not just WOW.

Speculate all you want i got no problem with that but the guy i quoted has a habit of passing opinions as facts and he has been doing it for a long time now.

Every WOW expansion  bring in good 3 to 4 million players and after few months the population goes back to 6 to 7 million. This has (in my opinion) more to do with gaming trends than WOW itself. How do i know that? because every MMO sees a jump in pops around new content release and then population dips once gain.

Now if WOW was a unique case i might agree but it isn't. Players have changed and the gaming habits have changed over the years. Now players consume an expac take a break..wait for new content to release, consume again and rinse and repeat.

I would be more worried if players stop coming back to WOW at new expac release. Which isn't the case. Both MOP and WOD saw huge influx of players and this will continue to happen with future expansions.

I am one of those players. I don't play any MMO for years now. i enjoy new content for few months and then take a break till new content is in. I treat every MMO this way not just WOW.

just to correct you btw.

You are wrong in saying the wow expansions bring extra people then it goes down to a standard level.

When I said there has been a constant decline, it because the lowest wow subs got so far is 6.5 million at start of 2014, the previous low was over 7 million and b4 that 8 million etc.

Its not wow subs going up then coming back down to the same level after expansion. Wow subs keep reaching new lows not the same level of low.

Btw I get your point on someone stating fallacious material but im not. I am just putting the stats out there.

just to correct you btw.

You are wrong in saying the wow expansions bring extra people then it goes down to a standard level.

When I said there has been a constant decline, it because the lowest wow subs got so far is 6.5 million at start of 2014, the previous low was over 7 million and b4 that 8 million etc.

Its not wow subs going up then coming back down to the same level after expansion. Wow subs keep reaching new lows not the same level of low.

Btw I get your point on someone stating fallacious material but im not. I am just putting the stats out there.

Steady or constant decline would actually mean going way down than 6.8 or 6.5 by the way. The population ups and downs in WOW are anything but 'steady' or constant. This is the only MMO in history which sees the biggest bumps and falls in pops. image

Anyways that wasn't the original discussion was about. We went off topic.

just to correct you btw.

Steady or constant decline would actually mean going way down than 6.8 or 6.5 by the way. The population ups and downs in WOW are anything but 'steady' or constant. This is the only MMO in history which sees the biggest bumps and falls in pops. image

Anyways that wasn't the original discussion was about. We went off topic.

No, you re missing the point. Wow reached its height of 12 million subs then from that point, it has consistently gone down reaching new lows everytime despite expansions.

That is steady decline. Just go look up the figures, its just been a downward curve on every 6 monthely interval bar 1 exception in at the end of 2011.

Its not going up then reaching the same point. Yes the lowest point so far has been 6.5 million subs so if it follows the same decline as previous expansions, the next  decline will be at below 6.5 million subs perhaps at 6 or even 5.5 million subs.

Its not stagnation, wows stagnation phase was between 2007 to 2009, since then its just been steady decline.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

LOL the more i am reading about WoW the more i keep postponing my return.

Return I more than likely will, once the expansion comes down in price, LOL £45 for a fecking expansion is rediculous, ok so it comes with a character boost to 90 woopety doo daa fuckin dee, already have 10 characters at that lvl or close to, i aint gonna pay that much for an expansion, not even half that. Will wait for it to drop to what all the others have been 17.99.

Obvious that Blizzard has taken the lets get as much out of the current playerbase as we can as fast as possible before they migrate somewhere else (subscription, character transfer etc all gone up). Aye they say 600k have returned for the expansion, bet 500k have already left since. Servers still empty (as in auctions), i know they have connected servers now but not for Auctions and communities.

Guess my 2 gametime cards will be gathering dust for a while yet.

No, you re missing the point. Wow reached its height of 12 million subs then from that point, it has consistently gone down reaching new lows everytime despite expansions.

That is steady decline. Just go look up the figures, its just been a downward curve on every 6 monthely interval bar 1 exception in at the end of 2011.

Its not going up then reaching the same point. Yes the lowest point so far has been 6.5 million subs so if it follows the same decline as previous expansions, the next  decline will be at below 6.5 million subs perhaps at 6 or even 5.5 million subs.

Its not stagnation, wows stagnation phase was between 2007 to 2009, since then its just been steady decline.

i guess we understand the word 'constant 'differently then. To me and to most people constant means 'a situation that never changes' or  'something that occures continuously over a perid of time' for example a downward spiral which is continuous without any change.. not even a minor one.

But the way WOW sees huge jump in numbers shows that decline in WOW is anything but constant.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    To summarize....WoD is boring and if you do not realize it yet, you just haven't played long enough. The end.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Nbigdaddy, a spike due to a new expansions is not a trend it's a spike, the trend is going down, which ofc makes perfect sense, it's an old game, its core game hasn't fundementally changed or expanded in this expansion (repeat top tier raids for 2 years with some side games that give power boosts)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D