Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Smartphone OS do you prefer?

13»

Comments

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by june32nd Originally posted by fiftyplusgeek I'm an out and proud Apple fanboy. Get over it. Apple could wrap dog shit in brushed aluminium and I'd buy it. So, I guess I'm saying iOS. ;-)
      you mean like the iOS 8? Seriously, this is why I use droid. To avoid becoming some arrogant, ignorant, trust-fund spending hipster who thinks because he's over-paid for a limited and harshly controlled OS that he's phone is superior. but hey at least you're cool and just like everyone else   Apple caters to the sheeple. It's like hearing people saying, "you should use a Mac, they don't have any virus or infection issues... that's because the majority of people don't use them.  Why bother hitting 10 people with a virus on Mac when you could hit 1000 people on Windows.    what really grinds my gears is that Apple selling a Unix-based OS. Unix was meant to be free. Not glorified and stripped to shit and sold for as much as possible. Enjoy you're Apple Fanboy-ness, Enjoy having a phone so strictly controlled and limited in it's features and capabilities. Enjoy you're non-up-gradable desktops too. Oh you'd like to upgrade your Mac because it's hardware is out of date, fuck you, pay out the ass for a brand new one because we apple ain't giving you any chance to open your tower. 
    Wow your a jerk. You sound like your the one wanting to be the cool kid with this I don't buy what the ignorant masses buy bull shit and treating people like less than human because they like something you don't.

Not really it just sounds like he hit a nerve and you are overly sensitive quite possibly because you can relate.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by fiftyplusgeek
    Originally posted by june32nd Originally posted by fiftyplusgeek I'm an out and proud Apple fanboy. Get over it. Apple could wrap dog shit in brushed aluminium and I'd buy it. So, I guess I'm saying iOS. ;-)
      you mean like the iOS 8? Seriously, this is why I use droid. To avoid becoming some arrogant, ignorant, trust-fund spending hipster who thinks because he's over-paid for a limited and harshly controlled OS that he's phone is superior. but hey at least you're cool and just like everyone else.    Apple caters to the sheeple. It's like hearing people saying, "you should use a Mac, they don't have any virus or infection issues... that's because the majority of people don't use them.  Why bother hitting 10 people with a virus on Mac when you could hit 1000 people on Windows.    what really grinds my gears is that Apple selling a Unix-based OS. Unix was meant to be free. Not glorified and stripped to shit and sold for as much as possible. Enjoy you're Apple Fanboy-ness, Enjoy having a phone so strictly controlled and limited in it's features and capabilities. Enjoy you're non-up-gradable desktops too. Oh you'd like to upgrade your Mac because it's hardware is out of date, fuck you, pay out the ass for a brand new one because we apple ain't giving you any chance to open your tower. 
    Wow, I'm just answering the question posed by the OP. I made no value judgement about any other mobile OS or any person using them. This has nothing to do with you and whatever misplaced anger you seem to have. Seek professional help...or ask your parents to change your diaper, troll.

I have to go out of my way to point out yet another super-sensitive user who's response shows a nerve was hit, an indication that the poster he was responding to was absolutely correct.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,933

I've had my analog line phone for over 20 years.

Never locked up once, never needed an upgrade, doesnt run out of battery and it never got lost

Sounds smarter to me than any smartphone

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by strangepowers

Originally posted by fiftyplusgeek

Originally posted by june32nd

Originally posted by fiftyplusgeek I'm an out and proud Apple fanboy. Get over it. Apple could wrap dog shit in brushed aluminium and I'd buy it. So, I guess I'm saying iOS. ;-)
      you mean like the iOS 8? Seriously, this is why I use droid. To avoid becoming some arrogant, ignorant, trust-fund spending hipster who thinks because he's over-paid for a limited and harshly controlled OS that he's phone is superior. but hey at least you're cool and just like everyone else.    Apple caters to the sheeple. It's like hearing people saying, "you should use a Mac, they don't have any virus or infection issues... that's because the majority of people don't use them.  Why bother hitting 10 people with a virus on Mac when you could hit 1000 people on Windows.    what really grinds my gears is that Apple selling a Unix-based OS. Unix was meant to be free. Not glorified and stripped to shit and sold for as much as possible. Enjoy you're Apple Fanboy-ness, Enjoy having a phone so strictly controlled and limited in it's features and capabilities. Enjoy you're non-up-gradable desktops too. Oh you'd like to upgrade your Mac because it's hardware is out of date, fuck you, pay out the ass for a brand new one because we apple ain't giving you any chance to open your tower. 
    Wow, I'm just answering the question posed by the OP. I made no value judgement about any other mobile OS or any person using them. This has nothing to do with you and whatever misplaced anger you seem to have. Seek professional help...or ask your parents to change your diaper, troll.

I have to go out of my way to point out yet another super-sensitive user who's response shows a nerve was hit, an indication that the poster he was responding to was absolutely correct.

Please...

Read my post again. Nowhere did I make any statement about any other mobile OS or the people using them. My post was an answer to the OP, referenced no one but myself,  and did not warrant the type of response it got from this guy. Had I attacked (or even offered an opinion about) Android or Android users then my post would be fair game, but I did not.

This has nothing to do with Apple or Android. Its "angry little boy" syndrome from someone who demands attention and wants to turn every thread into an argument. Petty, immature, and inappropriate.

These are the types of people who ruin forums.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • StormyYammaschitaStormyYammaschita Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by psiic

Personally 2 cans and a string works best for me. 

Don't have to worry about the Gestapo, I mean homeland security illegally and unconstitutionally recording my calls. And or my wireless provider to be illegally selling access to my call contents.

Epic!

SitH happens

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i thought the Ops question implied best OS for mobile gaming

she posted in General Gaming

seems this topic is more appropiate for the Hardware subforum

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Nadia

i thought the Ops question implied best OS for mobile gaming

she posted in General Gaming

seems this topic is more appropiate for the Hardware subforum

Yes, and you're the fourth self-appointed forum "moderator" that has mentioned it. We all know this, but there is no reason to avoid posting just because it's in the wrong area.

I'm sure the actual moderators will move it if they think it needs to be in another place.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I love my Android devices and use them daily. I also have daily exposure to iOS devices every day where I work. I'm very familiar with both but much prefer Android. I just wish they would bring full SD Card support back to Android. It's my only gripe really. This emulated SD bullcrap is just plain stupid. I shouldn't have to root my device just to fully use my SD Card.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,907
    Windows OS has got me hooked. I cant go back to Android and never liked IOS. Windows might not have all the apps the others have but it does have the major apps that people look for. Their main focus is the OS which I am in love with.