Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neocron??????

I used to come here and know that I could get a decent review for a game... what has happened to this site?!?!?!

Neocron the best online game?!?!  These people are obviously padding the reviews and we can no longer have any faith in the review process.

This from me who used to be the biggest fan of the site.

Very disappointing.image

Immortality is wasted on the young. - Alucard

Immortality is wasted on the young. - Alucard

Comments

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

Well, as far as I understand, these ratings are from the users, thus you can not really blame this site imho.

I find this site a very good one.

Greetz,

Cyber.

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• sniper48101sniper48101 Member Posts: 93

And besides.. What do you find about Neocron that makes it not one of the best?

Only things I can think of are;

1. SciFi (not as popular)

2. Little to no marketing.

3. Was very buggy first few months (but has made serious improvements)

If that is all the negatives then I can see its high rating.

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575
    i thought it was fairly decent game just my computer couldnt handle it.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Originally posted by CyberWiz

Well, as far as I understand, these ratings are from the users, thus you can not really blame this site imho.
    I find this site a very good one.

Greetz,
    Cyber.

Thanks CyberWiz - there is really little we can do other than take in peoples opinions and share them with you.  I mean, who are we do second guess people opinions?

Padding votes is not that easy.  You would have to create an e-mail account for each vote then sign up for the site and verify the account (our site does not allow duplicate e-mails in the system and you have to verify to vote).  As I see it, just to place 10 votes for a game would take hours...

What I see happening is fan sites linking here saying "Go to MMORPG.COM and vote for our game!" - if this is the case then this is not "padding" - this is just more fans from a certain game using this site - if you would like to see your favorite game rated higher then you should help bring the fans image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• cyphorcyphor Member UncommonPosts: 131

In neocrons favour it is one of the best out there atm, its combat system is way above the rest, it has a great pvp oriantated system, a good lvling system, great variety in what you can do, a great enviroment and a great community.

Reading alot of the reviews against the game people just dont give the game a chance, they are voting after playing for a few hours, or after the free trial. This game os too big to judge it on a few hours, it took me 2 months to just start to understand everything and im still playing 10 months later. My advice is before people critisize the game PLAY it, lvl up abit join a clan and they will show you the ropes and help you then when you get to a decent lvl you have a right to critisize.

The only problems with neocron have been bad marketing by CDV, which should be fixed soon as the company is searching for a new publisher for the release of Dome of York. Also there is the problems with the servers, much of this KK are trying to fix and some seem to be on the part of lvl 3 who maintain the servers. The bugs although at times annoying are more than compensated by the great content and community.

Play the game properly before critsising it.

Edit: Oh and look at the number of site members in comparison with those who regurally post on the forums, you should see that there are many who never post but subscribe to the site. Just because people arent posting here about neocron doesnt mean there aren't people who like to play it image