Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is WOD?

13»

Comments

• mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by bliss14
    Originally posted by mrneurosis
    Originally posted by gwei1984

Its a lobby game with a new added browser game feature. Crafting got patched out of the game. Economy is therefore dead. The world is empty cause everyone sits in their garrison waiting for the timer to count down or the entry in an instance. This was such a beautiful world once, now its nothing left of it.

In my opinion there is not much left what makes WOW a MMORPG.

I guess every MMO which has LFG feature is a lobby game then? i wonder what MMOS are you playing these days?

Because you surely didn't play WOD. World is more alive than ever thanks to no flying and elites and rare monsters which would stomp you unless you are in a group. I in fact get frustrated sometimes because there are too many people which throws a wrench in my leveling. But thanks to the new shared tag feature i don't have to worry about kill steals.

I suggest play the game first and then if you give your crticism i would take you seriously. I despise nothing more than people spreading false information. And by the way Garrisons give you even more reasons to go out and explore not less.

Like i said..you haven't even played the game.

These haters are hilarious  they have one idiot say its "a lobby game" they think it's sounds like a great knock so they blindly add it to their ten year old spreadsheet and continue to copy/paste it to every wow thread.  It makes it so easy to tell who is ignorant about what they are talking about.  

Perhaps this thread should be in the Warcraft forum.  Asking people to not hate on WoW is like asking the rain to stop falling.  At least there it's somewhat out of sight of the majority.  Disclosure,  I dislike WoW but I don't rant about it.

Disclaimer- Nothing wrong with disliking a game.  Posting lies and or misinformation could be classified as "ranting". 

Dailies and rep grinds are a lie. They do not exist in WoD. This is what you have been saying. Isn't that misinformation?

Isn't the gear you gain made obsolete after 3-4 months? Isn't that a gear treadmill? The same gear treadmill that's been going on in WoW for the past 10 years?

I get you like the game man, but many people left the game because of the reasons I'm talking about. These reasons are still prevalent in WoD. By denying this you are the one spreading misinformation, lying, "ranting".

Your source? when you try to pass an opinion as a  fact always back it up with a source.

I don't think MMOS are for you buddy if you dislike grind so much... or maybe you don't and it is a special case when it comes to WOW. Just like that other guy who says he dislikes WOW since it is a lobby game and then says Rift > WOW. image

I have noticed that everything is a fair game in other MMOS but when it comes to WOW.. everyone loses their head regarding the similar features they have no problem with while playing their favorite MMO.

Originally posted by deniter

Its a lobby game with a new added browser game feature. Crafting got patched out of the game. Economy is therefore dead. The world is empty cause everyone sits in their garrison waiting for the timer to count down or the entry in an instance. This was such a beautiful world once, now its nothing left of it.

Agreed 100%.

The only reason i'm still following the development of this game is to see how far into facebook gaming they are planning to go. 

I have already proven that he doesn't even play WOD.. so before you agree 100% with him atleast make sure if the guy you are agreeing with is atleast giving out credible feedback.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I guess every MMO which has LFG feature is a lobby game then? i wonder what MMOS are you playing these days?

Because you surely didn't play WOD. World is more alive than ever thanks to no flying and elites and rare monsters which would stomp you unless you are in a group. I in fact get frustrated sometimes because there are too many people which throws a wrench in my leveling. But thanks to the new shared tag feature i don't have to worry about kill steals.

I suggest play the game first and then if you give your crticism i would take you seriously. I despise nothing more than people spreading false information. And by the way Garrisons give you even more reasons to go out and explore not less.

These haters are hilarious  they have one idiot say its "a lobby game" they think it's sounds like a great knock so they blindly add it to their ten year old spreadsheet and continue to copy/paste it to every wow thread.  It makes it so easy to tell who is ignorant about what they are talking about.  

Perhaps this thread should be in the Warcraft forum.  Asking people to not hate on WoW is like asking the rain to stop falling.  At least there it's somewhat out of sight of the majority.  Disclosure,  I dislike WoW but I don't rant about it.

Disclaimer- Nothing wrong with disliking a game.  Posting lies and or misinformation could be classified as "ranting". 

Dailies and rep grinds are a lie. They do not exist in WoD. This is what you have been saying. Isn't that misinformation?

Isn't the gear you gain made obsolete after 3-4 months? Isn't that a gear treadmill? The same gear treadmill that's been going on in WoW for the past 10 years?

I get you like the game man, but many people left the game because of the reasons I'm talking about. These reasons are still prevalent in WoD. By denying this you are the one spreading misinformation, lying, "ranting".

Your source? when you try to pass an opinion as a  fact always back it up with a source.

I don't think MMOS are for you buddy if you dislike grind so much... or maybe you don't and it is a special case when it comes to WOW. Just like that other guy who says he dislikes WOW since it is a lobby game and then says Rift > WOW. image

I have noticed that everything is a fair game in other MMOS but when it comes to WOW.. everyone loses their head regarding the similar features they have no problem with while playing their favorite MMO.

Well you are new around here. Hello, I'm BCBully, all I do is mmorpgs. I hate forced questing, I hate gear treadmills and I'm not a fan of the magic number by you character frame you call levels. I like character customization/development, exploration, crafting, pvp in all forms, and big raids. My first RPGs were Dungeons and Dragons 2nd addition, Stormbringer, Warhammer, Marvel Superheroes, and DC universe. 

I hope you stick around past the first 3 months of this expansion so we can get to know each other. Take care!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

There are others who don't even play WoD and post here as if they knew everything about it. Some are even experts, jumping from new release to new release just to troll the forum and annoy the real players. And that's apparently supported by the moderators here, since nothing is done, even though it's obvious baiting/trolling.

The best way to deal with it is to have a look at post histories... they tell much about the person. And then, add the offenders to your block list.

Agreed. Happens with most games here. Shame really, as I've noticed discussions can rarely be had this way.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Forgrimm
    Not really sure what to make of your post, sounds like half question, half bashing the game. So I'll just leave the link to the WoD wiki so you can read the changes and features for yourself: http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Warlords_of_Draenor

You are correct that this is a little childish game by the OP.  He could open with what his specific thoughts are but he puts it in way that he can back peddle.  The forum mods need to stop this approach to discussion.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by deniter

Agreed 100%.

The only reason i'm still following the development of this game is to see how far into facebook gaming they are planning to go. 

I have already proven that he doesn't even play WOD.. so before you agree 100% with him atleast make sure if the guy you are agreeing with is atleast giving out credible feedback.

There are others who don't even play WoD and post here as if they knew everything about it. Some are even experts, jumping from new release to new release just to troll the forum and annoy the real players. And that's apparently supported by the moderators here, since nothing is done, even though it's obvious baiting/trolling.

The best way to deal with it is to have a look at post histories... they tell much about the person. And then, add the offenders to your block list.

So if a person disagrees with your opinion, he/she is a troll?

I'm currently DL'ing WoD trial to find out what it is, but according to previous expansions everything gwei1984 said is true, and i haven't seen any information they had changed anything in these areas.

Well you are new around here. Hello, I'm BCBully, all I do is mmorpgs. I hate forced questing, I hate gear treadmills and I'm not a fan of the magic number by you character frame you call levels. I like character customization/development, exploration, crafting, pvp in all forms, and big raids. My first RPGs were Dungeons and Dragons 2nd addition, Stormbringer, Warhammer, Marvel Superheroes, and DC universe. 

I hope you stick around past the first 3 months of this expansion so we can get to know each other. Take care!

WOW covers all that but you are stuck on 'grind' part. Even though every MMO to this day has grind at end game. What i dislike is people suffering from selective memory all of a sudden the moment WOW comes into picture.

If you hate forced questing and gear treadmills / levels etc..i don't even know why are you even paying attention to themepark MMOS. You should be busy playing sandboxes.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Yeah play sandbox with forced resource gathering and repetative pvp.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

IDK why people would rather cry about me being a troll and defend a game and never mention 1 actual change WOD has given this community.  Ok so I went to the patch notes and read the stuff and there isn't one mention of a garrison not 1.  There was however a huge overhaul on the combat sytem and its more like a brand new combat system instead of minor tweaks to the old one.  Someone did mention this in the thread somewhere if you can manage to ignore all the people crying about how horrible or great this game is without giving any reasons or changes that WOD has given us.

I am not trolling this game I think its a great game.  I just would like to know what this new expansion is before I fall for another WOW trick.  Yes they are tricky giving you endless expansions with nothing new to the game.

So there's a new continent and you pvp on the continent sorta like auroria and Archeage.  But what exactly are you fighting over and for when you get to this place?

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by filmoret

IDK why people would rather cry about me being a troll and defend a game and never mention 1 actual change WOD has given this community.  Ok so I went to the patch notes and read the stuff and there isn't one mention of a garrison not 1.  There was however a huge overhaul on the combat sytem and its more like a brand new combat system instead of minor tweaks to the old one.  Someone did mention this in the thread somewhere if you can manage to ignore all the people crying about how horrible or great this game is without giving any reasons or changes that WOD has given us.

I am not trolling this game I think its a great game.  I just would like to know what this new expansion is before I fall for another WOW trick.  Yes they are tricky giving you endless expansions with nothing new to the game.

So there's a new continent and you pvp on the continent sorta like auroria and Archeage.  But what exactly are you fighting over and for when you get to this place?

Too many features to list in depth on a forum post, that's why I linked the wiki so you can read the info at your leisure. Also, if you didn't see 1 mention of garrisons, then you didn't read the wiki that I linked, because the garrison link is right in the "New Features" section. See below:

New features

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

So I need to read through 10k pages of wiki to find out a few points that can easily be listed by anyone with half a brain.  Sorry im just a little mad at how this thread has turned out.  Ok so for people who are paying attention...

The garrison feature has troops and how exactly does it work do you get quests and then protect the castle or what?

I don't need details about the city building aspect and various bonuses for each building block.

How does the PVP continent work?  What is it called?  Does it even exist because I don't see any evidence of it anywhere within the 10k wiki pages that I'm suppose to read.  Is it like GW2 except without siege equipment or what?

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

So I need to read through 10k pages of wiki to find out a few points that can easily be listed by anyone with half a brain.  Sorry im just a little mad at how this thread has turned out.  Ok so for people who are paying attention...

The garrison feature has troops and how exactly does it work do you get quests and then protect the castle or what?

I don't need details about the city building aspect and various bonuses for each building block.

How does the PVP continent work?  What is it called?  Does it even exist because I don't see any evidence of it anywhere within the 10k wiki pages that I'm suppose to read.  Is it like GW2 except without siege equipment or what?

Translation, You're too damn lazy to do the research yourself. You've now made it evident that this was nothing more than a troll thread, so I'll just report it as such.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by Forgrimm

Translation, You're too damn lazy to do the research yourself. You've now made it evident that this was nothing more than a troll thread, so I'll just report it as such.

• BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201

You are to lazy even to read through your own thread...

This is just a troll thread.

Time to close this one!

----

----

This discussion has been closed.