Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion trying to get money from APEX dupe banned accounts!

1235»

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat

Cause allowing known cheaters back into the game in exchange for cash is OK, according to you?

It's not ok with me at all. It is a fairly common asian mmorpg thing though. 

There is an old adage "All money ain't good money". In the west players expect developers/publishes to ascribe to that adage and not let cheaters backing; feeling that the game is better w/o those people and their money.

The problem is, with your perspective on this, is that those cheats willing to pay to be back in the game will be back anyhow.

They will spend the same money on a new end game account. There are plenty out there for sale.

So, yeah, the game won't ever be without these people.

I would rather, in this case, see the money go back into the company rather than a third party seller. Either way, the cheater willing to pay to play again will be back in your game.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

What I never understood, is the extent some go to point fingers at a game, contriving such negative sentiments toward something they admit not even being invested in.

It boggles the mind.

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

What I never understood, is the extent some go to point fingers at a game, contriving such negative sentiments toward something they admit not even being invested in.

It boggles the mind.

This is the Arch Age Forum. This is Arch Age news. This is information that could be beneficial for people interested in the game.

Trion is a public company and the way they behave doing business is a public matter to discuss for anyone interested.

----

By your logic the forums would be empty as any post could be seen as negative depending on which side you stand on. Gaming journalists are a lot of the times not interested in what they report and yet they do report it. I fail to see the confusion on your part.

----

I hope this helped you understand the OP which really was not that much work to post as i pretty much just linked to the sources. So the "extend" as you call it is minimal.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    This thread was never created to make a reasonable discussion it was clearly made to bash trion.

Originally posted by Kangaroomouse

It boggles the mind.

This is the Arch Age Forum. This is Arch Age news. This is information that could be beneficial for people interested in the game.

Trion is a public company and the way they behave doing business is a public matter to discuss for anyone interested.

----

By your logic the forums would be empty as any post could be seen as negative depending on which side you stand on. Gaming journalists are a lot of the times not interested in what they report and yet they do report it. I fail to see the confusion on your part.

----

I hope this helped you understand the OP which really was not that much work to post as i pretty much just linked to the sources. So the "extend" as you call it is minimal.

Only thing it helped me understand is the length some go to to showcase their soapbox rants.

You don't have any info on why Trion decided to do this, just your 'take' on it, and again you admitted not playing since beta.

Where is the discussion? You simply condemn in ignorance on some post you read and call it gospel.

Since you don't play, why invest time in negative sentiments on it?

It boggles the mind.

----

----

Only thing it helped me understand is the length some go to to showcase their soapbox rants.

You don't have any info on why Trion decided to do this, just your 'take' on it, and again you admitted not playing since beta.

Where is the discussion? You simply condemn in ignorance on some post you read and call it gospel.

Since you don't play, why invest time in negative sentiments on it?

I think it is pretty CLEAR in the OP that i think it is wrong to let cheaters back into the game if they pay up. If you have a different opinion please feel free to discuss it but i have to ask you to stop attacking me and my post directly.

Stay on topic and please stop attacking me.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by lugal
    CCP does something similar in Eve. You get busted with illegal isk, they take the isk, if all the isk you have was illegal, you now owe CCP some isk. Happened to a friend. Wasn't smart enuff to just buy a plex.

I've read about that.  Players who got caught now have accounts with big negative balances.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

I think it is pretty CLEAR in the OP that i think it is wrong to let cheaters back into the game if they pay up. If you have a different opinion please feel free to discuss it but i have to ask you to stop attacking me and my post directly.

Nowhere have I attacked you, simply questioned the reasoning behind such a post.

I play AA casually, and I don't have an issue with Trion letting exploiters come back if they pay. If they do it again and get caught, they'll have to pay again. If not, so be it.

My only goal and question I ask myself is whether I am having fun with my time there, and so far I am.

Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    Originally posted by syntax42
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

I find it hard to swallow. Kick out exploiters the same way you would other cheaters/hackers....by not letting them come back at all. Not like they can't ban your IP

IPs are too easy to change for that to work.

Did you ever cheat at any game?  If someone wants to pay for the Apex, let them have their account back.  If they exploit or cheat again, ban them.  A virtual currency cheat is not that big of a deal to me as long as the currency is paid for or removed from the economy.  It isn't like they were soloing raid bosses, wallhacking, teleporting, or killing players from under the ground where they can't be attacked back.

No I never have...I'm a normal human being. I don't need to cheat to have fun.

..and no it isn't hard to IP ban...if you think it is...read more. Has been done, is done now.

I don't think most people have a static ip address.  Get ip banned, unplug your modem for awhile and you usually get a new ip address.  If they ban a range then all players in that range can't play.  They lose a lot of customers who have done nothing.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Originally posted by jircris
    So your complaining that they want their money that you BASICALLY stole from them? heh kids these days, i remember my friend being banned in the day simply because his credit card ended in 6666 they thought it was a fake.

No, i don't. Why is it so hard for some people to read and understand a simple post? I think i made it perfectly clear that:

1. This was from the official forums and i don't even play the game.

2. I am not complaining that they want their money back i am saying that it is shady business practice and unprofessional to allow cheaters back into the game as long as they pay up.

1. you now are back peddling from the entire opening post.

It says there in the SECOND SENTENCE and let me quote it for you: "They would actually re-instate the cheaters account if he paid up."

2. If this was not your issue, why post it here (defamation case)

Are you saying i am defaming Trion? 

3. Showing compassion to these people who DID hack  / bug the game, unprofessional /facepalm

Where did i show compassion? I said and let me stress this again from the OP: They would re-instate cheaters that should not be allowed back into the game.

7. A company could just call the police.

8. If people are going to act like this, I as a community leader would call the police and show that you can't steal from mmorpgs item mall or currency systems.

Then why don't they do it and get rid of the cheaters? They instead allow them to pay up and get back into the game.

About calling the police.  I don't know any local laws off hand that cover virtual money.  So it would probably be a civil matter.  Is a company going to take someone to court for stealing $400 virtual dollars?  Also, this often involves crossing state lines which would make it a matter for the FBI.  Are they going to investigate something like this?  And what if the player lives in another country?

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by jircris
    So your complaining that they want their money that you BASICALLY stole from them? heh kids these days, i remember my friend being banned in the day simply because his credit card ended in 6666 they thought it was a fake.

No, i don't. Why is it so hard for some people to read and understand a simple post? I think i made it perfectly clear that:

1. This was from the official forums and i don't even play the game.

2. I am not complaining that they want their money back i am saying that it is shady business practice and unprofessional to allow cheaters back into the game as long as they pay up.

1. you now are back peddling from the entire opening post.

It says there in the SECOND SENTENCE and let me quote it for you: "They would actually re-instate the cheaters account if he paid up."

2. If this was not your issue, why post it here (defamation case)

Are you saying i am defaming Trion? 

3. Showing compassion to these people who DID hack  / bug the game, unprofessional /facepalm

Where did i show compassion? I said and let me stress this again since you have a hard time understanding my OP: They would re-instate cheaters that should not be allowed back into the game.

7. A company could just call the police.

8. If people are going to act like this, I as a community leader would call the police and show that you can't steal from mmorpgs item mall or currency systems.

Then why don't they do it and get rid of the cheaters? They instead allow them to pay up and get back into the game.

You make no sense you know that, right? 

You are still not getting it:

Not all cheaters fall in the same bucket.

The really bad ones are permanently banned when cought - 3rd party hack tool users for example

Apex cheaters in this instance are a lot lesser offenders - because they exploited bad client code

You don't treat all cheaters with same severity - no mmo studio does - they all give 2nd chances to lesser offenders.

Also this part - is very much defamation - because its complete bullshit - you are overgeneralizing and not taking into account that permanent bans are still in effect for serious cheaters

"Trionwreck 2014

You can cheat and exploit as long as you pay up if you get caught."

Its sensationalists bullshit 

I agree with Kano. I'm taking law and ethics this term and this thread is a prime example of defamation / or really bad trolling.

then I guess you need to study harder or you will bomb on this term, to be defamation it needs to be false, with is not

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

Nowhere have I attacked you, simply questioned the reasoning behind such a post.

I play AA casually, and I don't have an issue with Trion letting exploiters come back if they pay. If they do it again and get caught, they'll have to pay again. If not, so be it.

My only goal and question I ask myself is whether I am having fun with my time there, and so far I am.

Yes, you attacked me and made up reasons i may have behind posting the OP instead of discussion the issue at hand. That is an ad hominem attack and can lead to a ban. Do i really need to quote your replies?

Yes, you attacked me and made up reasons i may have behind posting the OP instead of discussion the issue at hand. That is an ad hominem attack and can lead to a ban. Do i really need to quote your replies?

If that is what you believe, then have it. I stand by what I've said.

I haven't made up a thing, since you only provided posts, no real statement from Trion. Hence it is speculation, at best.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Even reporting every person for no real reason other than they not agreeing with you is a bannable offence just saying.

Originally posted by Bloodaxes
    Even reporting every person for no real reason other than they not agreeing with you is a bannable offence just saying.

True and i would never do that however if someone calls my post a "soapbox rant" and calls me ignorant i take the liberty to do so.

True and i would never do that however if someone calls my post a "soapbox rant" and calls me ignorant i take the liberty to do so.

I'd like to see where I called you ignorant. Seems you are placing words where none exist. But w/e  image

I'd like to see where I called you ignorant. Seems you are placing words where none exist. But w/e  image

"You simply condemn in ignorance on some post you read and call it gospel." - whisperwynd

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by ReaperUk
    So basically, if I understand correctly, the player has scammed Trion for the value of 43 Apex and is being given the opportunity to pay for them. It seems fair enough to me. Better than being prosecuted for fraud which is what could be an alternative outcome.

BIG difference here,Trion supplied the code,players did not manipulate code or hack the game,they simply took advantage of Trion's faulty coding.Knowingly doing it what they ban for because you should let them know.

However i have always been a little harsh towards LAZY developers,what are they doing to make sure exploits do not exist...umm nothing,they wait until players find them.

In this case it is not stealing,it is as the term used is exploiting ,players making use of code PROVIDED by Trion.The problem of course is the effects it has on the entire game, other players and  the company.

To me it is like a store manager accidentally put the wrong sticker price on an item,then after you already bought it,chases you in the parking lot and asks for more money.Too bad,you made a mistake,pay closer attention to your work,if your employees are incompetent with doing their job,then you can expect problems like exploits.

You know why bad code exists in games,RUSHED products,they couldn't care less about the state of the code as long as they can start taking your money.It is a two way street,you can't knowingly sell a bad product but not expect any problems.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

This discussion has been closed.