Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does one come back?

2»

Comments

• Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by DMKano

I've been off WoW since 2004 (launch)

Never went back.

Won't ever go back.

What I have are awesome memories of a great game back in Vanilla - it wasn't perfect but I had a lot of fun playing it.

Going back would just ruin it in my head as the game today is so far removed to what it was 10 years ago.

Shouldn't you be playing Archeage right now?

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by fiftyplusgeek

Came back after 7 years.

Spent all that time convincing myself that there was something better, but I never found it to be true.

To think of all the money I wasted, listening to people on forums like this. Never again.

I play what I think is fun and I don't care what people think. Over  the years, I've learned that if it's rated high on MMORPG.com, the game most likely sucks.

This is where I am as well! I played WoW shorty after launch, came back off and on over the years. Always looking for THAT game, never finding it. Decide to check out WoD expansion, realize this is what I really enjoy and am having FUN again. I'm DONE chasing the newest, game of the moment.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Maybe this will bring me back if they are correct on some of the guessing:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/World-Warcraft-Patch-6-1-Might-Add-Veteran-Edition-69379.html

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/World-Warcraft-Patch-6-1-Might-Add-Veteran-Edition-69379.html

Makes no sense to have a Starter's Edition and a Veteran's Edition...

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by Pepeq
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Makes no sense to have a Starter's Edition and a Veteran's Edition...

One allows people to try the game with no past purchases or subscriptions. . so zero given and only a small intro.

The second allows people who have purchased the game and had a sub to play a bit more.  

The starter edition does not let an old player like myself see if they are interested in subbing again.  A veteran's edition might let me hop on and play my old higher level character with limitations.  if I like it I sub. . if I don't nothing lost.

It makes sense to me.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!