Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The in game "Gil" (gold sellers) are out of control

ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
This has to be one of the most annoying factors of this game are the near non-stop Gil sellers that send you /tells and some are clever enough to include a friend invite as to temporarily stop you from blacklisting them.  For an franchise so large, successful and well funded the in-game Gil sellers greatly take away from the experience and is inexcusable.

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Its one of the bad points of any popular game these days, RMT'ers are an unwelcome feature in any game, rather than just blocking them though, you need to make use of the reporting feature, as SE really do want to know who sends these things so that they can eliminate them, i don't know what its like on your server, but at least on the one i normally play - Lich, its only a minor irritation, one or two a day only, whether this is because i am extremely proactive when it comes to reporting them, i don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me image
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Two entirely different viewpoints, I wonder why?  Is it just a matter of which server one plays on?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Post removed by user.
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    The occasional gil spam still comes through, but it's not like how it used to be prior to a couple major patches ago when they finally implemented a filter to how many tells/shouts a person could do it x amount of time.  Now if only they'd create a right-click function that reports them and blocks them server-side, opposed to having to add them to a limited blacklist and report them in a completely separate area.