Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dev Journal] Marvel Heroes 2015: The Heart of a Superhero Game is Being One

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

While not every game system or design feature directly serves this principle, at the end of the day the Marvel Heroes design team's goal is for a player to feel like a superhero.  This ambition was a core part of the development of our earlier Midtown Patrol game mode, and is just as much in evidence with the release of our latest patrol mode set in the Brooklyn district of Industry City.

Read more of our exclusive developer diary, Marvel Heroes 2015: The Heart of a Superhero Game is Being One.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KelvenaruKelvenaru Member Posts: 10

I miss City of Heroes...

Come on City of Titans, the end of 2015 is just to long away :)

• Griever42605Griever42605 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    There is still on going negotiation for the purchase of the City of Heroes IP. So it could come back.
  • lee33701lee33701 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I long for the days of City of Heroes 
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    I remember, in the beta forums days before Champions Online release, people complaining, "I just don't feel super!". People come up with weird arguments sometimes that make perfect sense to them. The worst part is when the numbskulls are the most vocal parts of the conversation, then it's like the lunatics take over the asylum. This is especially why it's bad to listen to fans during game development. Make your game, release it. If it's good, people will play it. If you can't do that, don't make games. Pretty damn simple if you ask me.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Marvel Heroes would probably be a better game, if they just allowed you to create your own Hero, its the one thing that is missing from the game that prevents players actually feeling that attached to the Heroes they own, instead, players go from one hero to the next, rinse and repeat, and not finding that one thing that they can really call their own.image