Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great news - APEX shutdown again... oh wait bad news AGAIN

NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

Another week is upon us and another exploit, hack, dupe, etc. from ArcheAge. Best place for entertainment is in the AA Forums lately.

Read all about it here:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/24/trion-shuts-down-archeage-apex-purchases-again/

Comments

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Hey thanks for another negative post on AA.  

At this point does anyone care anymore?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    I do...it's fun to be right

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Its negative that there is another exploit but I'm ok that Trion detected it fast and pulled Apex again to prevent it from becoming as bad as the first apex exploit.  The economy is still suffering from the first exploit.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    ffs just run a sub. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Boneserino

"FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!"

Your signature

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Grunty

"FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!"

Your signature

Its not related to ArcheAge anyway.

• mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314

Well admit it.. forums are more fun than playing AA. image

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    Its negative that there is another exploit but I'm ok that Trion detected it fast and pulled Apex again to prevent it from becoming as bad as the first apex exploit.  The economy is still suffering from the first exploit.

Well that's one way to say someone reported it and showed them how it worked.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Distopia

Well that's one way to say someone reported it and showed them how it worked.

Correct. Trion dont detect anything.

Was someone like Scapes mentioned that show them whats going on.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by DMKano
    XL needs to get their stuff together.

Neither company has their shit together.   I wonder if Trion will be able to survive this fiasco.

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Originally posted by grimal

Neither company has their shit together.   I wonder if Trion will be able to survive this fiasco.

This game seems like it was coded by a bunch of high school kids!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Didn't all these shit storms already happen over in Russia and Korea?
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

With or without exploiting, no one gets perma-banned anyway.

So why even bother to shut down apex? At this point it doesn't matter anymore.

Originally posted by Volgore

They have to at least look like they are going to do something

Pretense.

Edit: Geezer beat me to it and only because of this site's SLOW load speeds!

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230

What do you consider fast I know that the instructions on how to do it were in the AA forums for over an hour.

It then took Trion over a day to shut down the Apex again.

How much damage could be done in a day of everyone knowing about it?  I can tell you A LOT is the answer.

There is a thread now 14 pages in length in the forums that should have been deleted and banned with in seconds of posting.

But Monday Mid day it is there and has been for hours.

Pretense.

Edit: Geezer beat me to it and only because of this site's SLOW load speeds!

Yeah, no kidding

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

At this point I really feel like they have 10 guys working on this game (including the forums).  So little productive action or response.  They're just totally over their heads.

And probably making mad bank too.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

That guy is a Trion apologist, excusing them for everything and anything wrong with the game.

This game had the most potential for greatness of any MMO to come out in recent years, the mismanagement is as much to blame as the devs are.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SassiesSassies Member Posts: 24

Exploiting/hacking is ok as long as you pay:

24 hour ban ?

<blockquote restore="" "=""> Doesn't sound like 24 hours

Thank you for your appeal inquiry.

After reviewing pertinent logs, we have determined that the action taken against your account for abuse of a bug involving APEX was correct. Your account is currently in a debt of 60 APEX. In order to reinstate the account, you must make purchases to counterbalance this debt. We currently do not have a policy for clearing credit debt, however if you would like to follow up on this as a future possibility, please update the ticket stating so.

sounds like pay for the apex or stay banned.

If true then you can buy-off your exploit At Trion...
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    They're not buying off anything. They pretty much stole by exploiting. So Trion is pretty much making them pay for the Apex they received without paying the proper price.

Geeeeezzzzzz

• TheGoblinKingTheGoblinKing Member UncommonPosts: 208

At least when SWTOR crashed and burned it was over in a matter of 6 months and it came crawling out the other end as a F2P model.

AA on the other hand is like a car wreck on the highway with some guy burning alive inside but the fire just won't go out and he won't die.

Originally posted by holdenhamlet

At this point I really feel like they have 10 guys working on this game (including the forums).  So little productive action or response.  They're just totally over their heads.

And probably making mad bank too.

Definitely.  Have you seen the general forums there?  They are making lewd threads about the CEO.....crazy stuff.

Double.  Sorry.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Man, what the hell is going on with this game? Shouldn't most of these hacks and bugs been ironed out during the year long time it has been live in Asia?!