Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get full Star Citizen game preorder for 20$ on Friday plus starter ship

JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489

"We’re using the assortment of Javelin destroyers to subsidize discount packages for new players: 200 Javelins means we can make 5,000 $20 Aurora game packages available for sale at the same time!"

QA:

"DO I NEED TO BUY ANOTHER SHIP?

NO! Remember: we are offering these pledge ships to help fund Star Citizen’s development and because of player demand. All of these ships will be available for in-game credits in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game. The design goal is to make additional ships available that give players a different experience rather than a particular advantage when the persistent universe launches. Every sale supports expanding Star Citizen’s overall development, but none are required to gain full enjoyment from the game."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14314-Star-Citizen-Anniversary-Sale

Comments

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

CIG- "We will never sell ships or packages cheaper than the kickstarter price it will only go up"

<div id="PagerBefore" numberedpager"="">

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/203483/cig-we-will-never-sell-ships-or-packages-cheaper-than-the-kickstarter-price-it-will-only-go-up

I guess i will sell my old aurora package and with the 25$ difference i will upgrade something else. Thank you cig.
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by MoreOfTheSame

"We’re using the assortment of Javelin destroyers to subsidize discount packages for new players: 200 Javelins means we can make 5,000 $20 Aurora game packages available for sale at the same time!"

QA:

NO! Remember: we are offering these pledge ships to help fund Star Citizen’s development and because of player demand. All of these ships will be available for in-game credits in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game. The design goal is to make additional ships available that give players a different experience rather than a particular advantage when the persistent universe launches. Every sale supports expanding Star Citizen’s overall development, but none are required to gain full enjoyment from the game."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14314-Star-Citizen-Anniversary-Sale

For Star Citizen’s first anniversary, these ships were brought back for another limited sale by popular demand. And for the second anniversary, we’re doing it again… along with some other limited edition favorites that backers have been asking for. For the next week, an armada of additional Star Citizen ships are available in the pledge store. It’s not every ship we’ve ever sold… but it’s close!

Unlike last year’s sale, ships this year will be available for a full week. If you’re interested in purchasing a Caterpillar, M50, Super Hornet or any of the others listed below then you have through Monday, December 1st to pick it up. In addition to these ships, we’re also making a ‘limited in number’ ship available next week. Details on this ship are also available below.

Finally, we’re ending the process with a much-awaited concept sale! On November 28th, we will launch the Anvil Carrack explorer concept sale. The Carrack will be available for $345, with LTI and the standard concept sale bonus features (in-game ship model and poster.)

Yup MORE OF THE SAME.  Come buy ships:P With marketing spin on top.

If they can make a game as well as market it...well this game will be something else wont it? Here's hoping. But MY wallet will stay closed till i see it.

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Originally posted by DarLorkar

QA:

For Star Citizen’s first anniversary, these ships were brought back for another limited sale by popular demand. And for the second anniversary, we’re doing it again… along with some other limited edition favorites that backers have been asking for. For the next week, an armada of additional Star Citizen ships are available in the pledge store. It’s not every ship we’ve ever sold… but it’s close!

Unlike last year’s sale, ships this year will be available for a full week. If you’re interested in purchasing a Caterpillar, M50, Super Hornet or any of the others listed below then you have through Monday, December 1st to pick it up. In addition to these ships, we’re also making a ‘limited in number’ ship available next week. Details on this ship are also available below.

Finally, we’re ending the process with a much-awaited concept sale! On November 28th, we will launch the Anvil Carrack explorer concept sale. The Carrack will be available for $345, with LTI and the standard concept sale bonus features (in-game ship model and poster.)

Yup MORE OF THE SAME.  Come buy ships:P With marketing spin on top.

If they can make a game as well as market it...well this game will be something else wont it? Here's hoping. But MY wallet will stay closed till i see it.

see what? they´ve demonstrated they are capable of doing everything, space combat, FPS, planets, avatars, multicrew ships, and more will come.

But hey don´t grab the best space sim in history for 20$, which will cost 70$ at launch, your choice!

Its limited quantity of 5,000 will probably be gone in 30 seconds.

Doesn´t make a difference they are close to 64 million $ already. Just wanted to get some poor souls into what will be the best space game ever.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

But hey don´t grab the best space sim in history for 20$, which will cost 70$ at launch, your choice!

Yeah ... i LOLed hard ... first people complain that all CIG wants is that backers buy ships for hundreds of dollars. Then CIG goes and offers Star Citizen for cheaper than anytime before - because there are so many new potential backers and some don't have deep pockets.

So ... 20 $ for a AAA game in the making ... and people STILL complain.  "Nanananana..... they promised no one will ever pay less than I paid ... nanananana ... i feel so cheated ... mimimimimimi".   Like CIG stole a lollipop from a child.  *** shakes head***

Have fun

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    LoL more drama from the best  car/spaceship dealership sim ever.
  • JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Originally posted by Erillion

Yeah ... i LOLed hard ... first people complain that all CIG wants is that backers buy ships for hundreds of dollars. Then CIG goes and offers Star Citizen for cheaper than anytime before - because there are so many new potential backers and some don't have deep pockets.

So ... 20 $ for a AAA game in the making ... and people STILL complain.  "Nanananana..... they promised no one will ever pay less than I paid ... nanananana ... i feel so cheated ... mimimimimimi".   Like CIG stole a lollipop from a child.  *** shakes head***

Have fun

+1

because they a) run an anti-crowdfunding agenda because they know it will be the death of the publisher model

and b) they promote some different cheaper games that are trying to cash in on what Chris Roberts kicked off

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

When/if the game exists, I might buy it (if it turns out to be good).

Until then, they can F*** Off trying to pre-sell everything.

Make the game, sell the game. It is not that complicated.

If they can't deliver after $60 mil or so they have already raised (or whatever the number is), why should anyone give them 10 cents from here on out?

Originally posted by Burntvet

If they can't deliver after $60 mil or so they have already raised (or whatever the number is), why should anyone give them 10 cents from here on out?

You DO know that they deliver something new EVERY WEEK, do you ?

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

And they have added whole new sections of the game every three months or so .... next in line is the FPS module.

Some people try so hard to paint SC as "Starship Collector Online" .. when it simply is not true. Just watch them necroing every thread in this MMORPG subsection that has a title with a high priced ship in it. A thread they themselves started as "fake fans". Simple propaganda and misinformation. Crude. They should learn a thing or two from The Mittani.

Have fun

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271

They need to deliver on something, badly.

Just having every feature ever is not enough, nor even much. Those features have to be FUN, not boring or poorly done.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Burntvet

You DO know that they deliver something new EVERY WEEK, do you ?

And they have added whole new sections of the game every three months or so .... next in line is the FPS module.

Some people try so hard to paint SC as "Starship Collector Online" .. when it simply is not true. Just watch them necroing every thread in this MMORPG subsection that has a title with a high priced ship in it. A thread they themselves started as "fake fans". Simple propaganda and misinformation. Crude. They should learn a thing or two from The Mittani.

Have fun

Then why does this company keep selling "ships" that don't exist, in a game that does not exist yet as a whole entity, every other week or so, when they have already taken in almost $60 mil?

At this point, a reasonable person would be more inclined to ask "where's the game?", than to CONTINUE to pony up cash for something that does not exist yet.

All you have is name calling, and all SC is, at this point, is a big bunch of promises and some stand alone demos, for which people have forked over 10s of mils of dollars.

They should finish/work on the game, instead of coming up with something new to try to sell every couple of weeks.

It makes one wonder what the hell is going on.

"All we have" is:

Dogfighting  Module: PvE, Coop PvE, PvP   ... on various maps

Racing Module - lots of fun with a bunch of friends

Hangar Module - and yes, there are fun things to do with a Hangar and a Buggy ;-)

These modules are not demos, these are parts of the game you can already playtest and enjoy.

Soon to come (meaning: probably before X-mas 2014):

FPS module - meet interesting new people, kill em ....

At the demo stage you mentioned, but already seen:

Social module

Planetary module

Persistent Universe module

thats a bit more than "concept sale ships only". On Steam that would be the equivalent of approx. 4 "Early Access" games ... and Star Citizen has more gameplay  in it at this moment than your average "Early Access" game.

>>>>Then why does this company keep selling "ships" >>>

Because a company usually is selling a product (lets call it a "game") and as long as people are willing to buy, the company is selling .....   ;-)

>>>>that don't exist>>>

Many already exist and you can fly around with them. Many more will soon be finished .. see this ships status list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TZgzbirTbLMj9oLJlMKYpefDo4cL430UQfmhy2HyUJU/edit#gid=0

>>>>in a game that does not exist yet as a whole entity>>>>

that is correct. Crafting a AAA game typically takes 4 years and we are at the half way mark. It would be pretty naive or VERY impatient  to expect a complete game at the half way mark. Here is the release schedule :

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Anticipated_Release_Schedule

>>>At this point, a reasonable person would be more inclined to ask "where's the game?", >>>>>

A reasonable person would monitor the many many updates that CIG is sending out and be informed about the status of the game.

A reasonable person that is no longer believing in this game would ask CIG for a refund, would get the refund without problems and go looking for another Kickstarter game to support.

>>>>>>They should finish/work on the game >>>>>>

Incidently, that is what they are doing. And they are talking about their progress. In excrutiating detail.

>>>>> instead of coming up with something new to try to sell every couple of weeks.>>>>

The last feature they added was 9 months ago.  Most of these "new things" we know about for a year now ... they are just coming out of the development pipeline - like the bombers etc.

>>>>It makes one wonder what the hell is going on.>>>>

Someone is making one hell of a good game and someone else is very impatient to get it NOW !!

Have fun

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

"All we have" is:

Dogfighting  Module: PvE, Coop PvE, PvP   ... on various maps

Racing Module - lots of fun with a bunch of friends

Hangar Module - and yes, there are fun things to do with a Hangar and a Buggy ;-)

These modules are not demos, these are parts of the game you can already playtest and enjoy.

Those modules are parts of the game only if the dev team aims

a) to not make a single mistake ever, or

b) to release a bug-ridden and horrible game.

If their aim is to make a good game, then those modules are pre-alpha tech demos. Alpha can only start when you are able to add some systems together and start testing how they interact together.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    What happens if things go wrong will folks get there money back ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Those 20$ auroras will be avaible on 28 november?
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

History says (Strike Commander, Freelancer) that you could be waiting a long time for that finished game thing.

But at least these are pretty cheap spaceships.   Are there going to be 'ship speculators' snagging these, and re-selling them as well?

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358

These guys really are pro at nickel and diming

Funny how they try to make out a f2p player who pays no money will ever contend with those who throw money at the game if the game ever launches.

They certainly have great marketing and spin - personally I would rather be impressed with the game, and right now I am not

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Arglebargle

History says (Strike Commander, Freelancer) that you could be waiting a long time for that finished game thing.

But at least these are pretty cheap spaceships.   Are there going to be 'ship speculators' snagging these, and re-selling them as well?

Anybody want to buy an Internet Spaceship? Only slightly used, no money down, your job is your credit...

:P

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I'd happily pay more for a product that exists than throw my money into the wind towards ideas powered by dreams and unicorns.

Kickstarter is basically gambling. It is not an investment.

If the product fails to be delivered? Your money is good as gone.

You get nothing. Good day, sir.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

So spend $500,000 and we'll knock 1% off a bunch of the cheapest available ship.

Nah.

• IridescentJoeIridescentJoe Member Posts: 89
    I am going to wait until launch and see what this game is about. I don't care what the devs are promising, it's the final release that matters. I don't do business with promises anymore. That been said, I have the feeling that the release date will be pushed back for more nickel and dimming. And why not? At this point...
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by IridescentJoe
    I am going to wait until launch and see what this game is about. I don't care what the devs are promising, it's the final release that matters. I don't do business with promises anymore. That been said, I have the feeling that the release date will be pushed back for more nickel and dimming. And why not? At this point...

^

75% of early access games on steam arent released at all or are in developement state until the studio disband and gamers are left with bugged or not working product

some of the kickstarter products have same fate

atm SC didnt show anything just some mini games

Why not ? Because this is a VERY dedicated team that REALLY WANTS to get this game out  (my personal impression from Gamescon 2014). Even more so than any of the dedicated (and maybe not so dedicated) fans out there.

IMHO much of the dissatisfaction expressed on the forums here comes from a lack of patience. Such a large project takes about 4 years minimum as anyone in the industry will confirm. And we are at the 2 year mark now. OF COURSE i would like to have a game now. But i rather wait until its all been completely developed, combined and thoroughly tested.

I don't care if more backers come and join ... and if they want to pledge for some ships too. Its THEIR money after all. If that makes the pledge money pool go up ... more power to them.

I can only smile about all the conspiracy theories and private opinions being declared as fact (which they are not, as a minimum amount of internet recherche would show). At all the conjectures based on either wishful thinking or intense aversion.

I suggest to sit back and relax. Play some Elite:Dangerous. Do some Star Citizen playtesting. Enjoy life.

Have fun

Originally posted by saurus123

atm SC didnt show anything just some mini games

There is A LOT more. Here is a good place to start looking (if you want):

http://starcitizen.mojoworld.com/StarMap/

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Personally i can recommend the Jumppoint magazine ... lots of in-depth behind the scenes information for backers, before it becomes public knowledge after a few months.

Have fun

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Great..the cash comet has arrived! I am about to puke! 

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

Why not ? Because this is a VERY dedicated team that REALLY WANTS to get this game out  (my personal impression from Gamescon 2014). Even more so than any of the dedicated (and maybe not so dedicated) fans out there.

IMHO much of the dissatisfaction expressed on the forums here comes from a lack of patience. Such a large project takes about 4 years minimum as anyone in the industry will confirm. And we are at the 2 year mark now. OF COURSE i would like to have a game now. But i rather wait until its all been completely developed, combined and thoroughly tested.

I don't care if more backers come and join ... and if they want to pledge for some ships too. Its THEIR money after all. If that makes the pledge money pool go up ... more power to them.

I can only smile about all the conspiracy theories and private opinions being declared as fact (which they are not, as a minimum amount of internet recherche would show). At all the conjectures based on either wishful thinking or intense aversion.

I suggest to sit back and relax. Play some Elite:Dangerous. Do some Star Citizen playtesting. Enjoy life.

Have fun

Incorrect, Star Citizen started development in 2011 which makes it 3 years now, not sure how you arrived at 2 years.

I would really like to see this game complete it's development. Considering how much money they received way over their goal and then sell in-game virtual items i.e. ships in this case for ridiculous amounts of money on top of the kickstarter budget, one starts to question their objective.

I gave up on this title sometime ago, they haven't produced anything tangible enough to show the progression of this game where it should be. Sorry but the ship combat thing they came out with and the FPS module are not enough to justify the current state-of-the-game.

On the other end you have a small indie company making a game called No Man's Sky and it's making alot more progress than Star Citizen and it looks amazing, just saying.