Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - about being shot, healing and being rescued by your buddies

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14318-Design-Healing-Your-Spacemen

The personal damage system has been explained in a lot of detail, including the way the healing system works. This is especially applicable to the FPS module, but it also covers being rescued in space after ejection.

In short - you will be hard to kill outright, but you can get hurt in oh so many ways ;-)  And ARMOR HELPS ! ;-)

On a personal note:  I enjoy seeing  the "dragging friends to safety" aspect back in a game  (remembering it fondly from my days in SWG). It promoted cooperation and teamwork. It promoted deadly traps ;-) when you as a sniper just wounded someone to lure some more of his comrades to their doom ;-)

Have fun

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Always remember that companys like to promise the world but deliver small islands or smaller continents. A lot of folks are looking for the I win ship or weapon, near as I can tell the weapons have not been balanced and it looks like Goonswarm will have a big presence in this game. They will love going after Hospital ships and brighting everyones day.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    Always remember that companys like to promise the world but deliver small islands or smaller continents. A lot of folks are looking for the I win ship or weapon, near as I can tell the weapons have not been balanced and it looks like Goonswarm will have a big presence in this game. They will love going after Hospital ships and brighting everyones day.

FPS module being in pre-alpha means that a lot of things are not balanced yet. Thats what we volunteer playtesters are for who have pledged.

There IS already a video demo for dragging the wounded on that webpage. Thats what reminded me of SWG.

You BET the Goonies will try to break and bend Star Citizen every way possible. Especially with their trademark suicide attacks. However, i am somewhat looking forward to whatever the Goonie propaganda machine will make out of SC. Their posters, memes and videos were/are often top class (although borderline insane message-wise  ;-)

See e.g. this video about the Goonrathi War in SC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGUYS1m5mY

Have fun

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    there won´t be easy kills or one shots, well maybe quicker in FPS to go down but combat in space will take time, they want the game to feel more tactical and less gamey, not like Quake 3 
  • scarykids2scarykids2 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    sometimes my fights can go fast on capture the core, when i have the core i like to lead people through asteroids and near impossible turns whilist going very fast. sometimes it fast sometimes its long, really depends. and sometimes im the one who bites it lol
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

When in an asteroid field - NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS !    ;-)

Have fun