Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2500$ ship announced. -Javelin - diehard fans prepare wallet

13»

Comments

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

The hype on this site is from the herd of Space Whales that make this part of the Internet ocean their home. Same Whales that have been defending crowd funding and limitless F2P cash shop spending. To me this game looks like chapter 11 for Players and I am going to avoid this one like it's a shark.

If the Space Whales want to chase this plankton then cool for them. Hopefully they have fun for all the money they are spending already and yet to spend.

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by Erillion
    Originally posted by saurus123
    ok but when we will see the game and not some mini games?

Short answer: end of 2016  for feature complete game including persistent universe and "Squadron 42" solo game part 1-4

Long answer: 

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Anticipated_Release_Schedule

To the OP:

1) No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to buy such a ship (or any of the other ships)

2) You also forgot to mention the following thing:

"Javelins will be sold stripped of military hardware, and it will be a new starting challenge for players to work together with their organizations to outfit them."

So ... the 2500 bucks buys you a hull ... so much for the "HUGE" advantage ....

3)  CIG especially addressed the question of buying additional ships in this anniversary post:

"Do I Need to Buy Another Ship?

NO! Remember: we are offering these pledge ships to help fund Star Citizen’s development and because of player demand. All of these ships will be available for in-game credits in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game. The design goal is to make additional ships available that give players a different experience rather than a particular advantage when the persistent universe launches. Every sale supports expanding Star Citizen’s overall development, but none are required to gain full enjoyment from the game."

Have fun

This makes it sound even worse. $2500 for a ship, but guess what, it doesn't work, just the hull, lol. So basically it is $2500 for space junk. Ooo, I know, maybe they can sell the systems to outfit the ships too! Just another $5000 to get your javelin up and running!

I think it would be funny if all of the ships sold, had in fine print that they were all just hulls and none actually worked until you outfitted them (for a fee of course).

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    People who pay that kind of money for a ship in a video game are insane.
  • motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

Short answer: end of 2016  for feature complete game including persistent universe and "Squadron 42" solo game part 1-4

Long answer: 

To the OP:

1) No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to buy such a ship (or any of the other ships)

"Javelins will be sold stripped of military hardware, and it will be a new starting challenge for players to work together with their organizations to outfit them."

3)  CIG especially addressed the question of buying additional ships in this anniversary post:

NO! Remember: we are offering these pledge ships to help fund Star Citizen’s development and because of player demand. All of these ships will be available for in-game credits in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game. The design goal is to make additional ships available that give players a different experience rather than a particular advantage when the persistent universe launches. Every sale supports expanding Star Citizen’s overall development, but none are required to gain full enjoyment from the game."

Have fun

Just spend another grand on credits and buy weapons from store.

• nebb1234nebb1234 Member Posts: 242
    riiiiiiiiico! riiiiiiiiico! RICO RICO RICO
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    I'm nominating this topic for the "most beaten dead horse" award.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• nebb1234nebb1234 Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    I'm nominating this topic for the "most beaten dead horse" award.

+1

• NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by hfztt

But at least you cant accuse them of using microtransactions to milk the $ out of the whales... Not by a long shot!

That is because they will also sell the microtransations ability for 69.99 dollars.

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

All Javelins have been sold.

“Please, young people … Javelin has left the building. Backers have gotten their pledges and driven away. Please take your seats.”

Seems like it took between 10 and 20 seconds for each patch of 50.

Have fun

• TestSubject102TestSubject102 Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Aeander

Why is it that this game manages to sound worse with every passing thread?

I'm baffled that thing maintains one of the site's highest hype ratings.

Because what we have seen is of great quality and its merging a few genres into one? meanwhile.. the rest of the moronic hype list is your typical fantasy RPGs.

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

The hype on this site is from the herd of Space Whales that make this part of the Internet ocean their home. Same Whales that have been defending crowd funding and limitless F2P cash shop spending. To me this game looks like chapter 11 for Players and I am going to avoid this one like it's a shark.

If the Space Whales want to chase this plankton then cool for them. Hopefully they have fun for all the money they are spending already and yet to spend.

This site is dying... honestly... not many give a s*it about it... you can't even multi-quote without special buttons in friggin 2015.

Neither of you seem to grasp that you can buy into the game for $30 and wait...... and that its hardly Pay2win ... Pay2win at what exactly? owning a ship?

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by motanila

So basically what you (and we know who you are - got banned again with the old char ? ;-)  are saying is:

Bah Bah, after 1.5 years they are not sticking to their first claims word by word.

And now comes reality:

This is a different, much huger game than 1.5 years ago, when no one could forsee that Star Citizen will become so large and successful.

Plans have changed, scope has changed, number of interested backers has changed ....

So CIG is offering a CHEAP way to join the fun ? 20 $ .... HELL YEAH ! Good idea IMHO.

Have fun

When you say "we" you mean you and your employer ? 

Who exactly is his "employer?" Or are you just insinuating he's a shill because you disagree with him?

• khamul787khamul787 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Originally posted by Aeander

Why is it that this game manages to sound worse with every passing thread?

I'm baffled that thing maintains one of the site's highest hype ratings.

It has one of the highest hype ratings because it looks like it has the potential to be an incredible game, and all done through crowdfunding, which has never been done before on a AAA level.

Originally posted by Vynt

Long answer: 

To the OP:

Have fun

This makes it sound even worse. $2500 for a ship, but guess what, it doesn't work, just the hull, lol. So basically it is $2500 for space junk. Ooo, I know, maybe they can sell the systems to outfit the ships too! Just another $5000 to get your javelin up and running!

I think it would be funny if all of the ships sold, had in fine print that they were all just hulls and none actually worked until you outfitted them (for a fee of course).

Whoosh. You missed the point entirely. These ships are supposed to be starting points for guilds, who will have to work together on release to properly outfit them.

Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC
    People who pay that kind of money for a ship in a video game are insane.

First: the people that buy these aren't buying ships. They're pledging money for a video game. There's a huge difference many in this thread don't seem to realize. There's literally no difference between this and other backer rewards levels on Kickstarter. Second: why does having disposable income make someone insane?

Originally posted by Necropsie

Originally posted by hfztt

But at least you cant accuse them of using microtransactions to milk the $ out of the whales... Not by a long shot!

That is because they will also sell the microtransations ability for 69.99 dollars.

The trolling is strong in this thread.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Wow that's......so dumb.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL