Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too bad this is a Trion product.

SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533
Wont be touching this after experiencing the ArcheAge  fiasco.

Comments

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Nothing to do with AA...but you are right, if you compare this to AA and Rift this is such a boring something...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Soandsoso

Forget one thing, Arche Age is not a Trion product, there the hoster of Arche Age, they need some blame for it, like support and other stuff, but the game is self was programed and made by xlgames.

• maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    As much as AA destroyed any respect I had for Trion. I still enjoy this game. It's simple and goofy. It's worth a shot. I bought it in a Humble Bundle for $1, so I can't say it wasn't worth it, or at least worth a try for free.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by zaberfangx

Forget one thing, Arche Age is not a Trion product, there the hoster of Arche Age, they need some blame for it, like support and other stuff, but the game is self was programed and made by xlgames.

This! 

If you want to make a valid comparison, try out Rift for an idea of what Trion's monetization strategies for their in-house games are like. It's actually one of the best models out there. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Originally posted by CrazKanuk

This! 

If you want to make a valid comparison, try out Rift for an idea of what Trion's monetization strategies for their in-house games are like. It's actually one of the best models out there. 

I played rift, and I have been when it was sub, to free to play, but rift and there cash shop is more of rush want it now, or you can get it in game, and still not being hold back to have fun.

• IntheShadowsIntheShadows Member Posts: 58

Trove is definitely a free to play game. I've been playing since alpha and the developers have never put anything controversial in the cash shop. It's all cosmetics and mounts. Yes, most people can agree that the handling of Archeage had been a hot mess, but the rest of Trion's games are fair. Seems the more people should point fingers toward XLgames considering Trion doesn't have full control over AA like the others.

But to the point, if you want to play Trove give it a try and don't worry about it being pay to win. It's a lot of fun.

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

I remember a time not too long ago the ArcheAge cash shop wasn't P2W, but it somehow morphed once people had invested allot of time into the game.

The term bait and switch comes to mind.

I am not going to be able to look past ArcheAge.

Trion took a gamble thinking the NA market was ready for a full p2w system.

We aren't there yet, getting close though.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

When Trion owns the product, support and communication is pretty awesome. I had a blast in Trove in early alpha, when it was a dungeon crawler with a truly endless landscape. Communication with the devs continues to be excellent.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Great thing about Trove is its just so not "serious". And I don't mean in its art style and humor I just mean it's gameplay isn't hardcore own your life kinda MMO.

I think that will make the game rather P2W proof because if you really want to "win" at Trove it's probably not the right game for you. Lol

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

You can blame Trion for their behavior as publisher of AA, and their behavior has suggested nothing but a company trying to wring every last cent they can from the game rather than give their customers an enjoyable product.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

"No tricks, no traps" If you believe they held their word on that one, you can continue to live in your nice little bubble;)

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

Trove is a little gem of fun, I play this with my son often we so far have unlocked all but one character type with no money spent, all it takes is a week and a day or so to get the 5000 cubits earned by simple and I mean really simple daily stuff.

500 every day and 1000 on sat then again on sunday plus you get 1000 every so many mastery levels. easy as pie.

On 6000 or so only 2000 more and final toon ice sage is mine for nothing but logging in for a short time each day.

Nothing hidden here guys its a great game.

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864

Trove is good. It is a 3d diablo with  voxels, bright colors and a touch of minecraft. Fun, simple and really free. It is not the game I would play for hours. It is more a nice casual blast.

My only complaint is when my son is tanking with his dracolyte instead of his knight :))) Faerie is op and better than GW2 mesmer !!! Cannot wait to buy the Ice Sage !

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

When you say Hoster, you mean publisher.  When you say programmed, you mean developed.

XL games is the developer.  Trion is the NA/EU publisher.

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

MMORPG Forums = The Fox News of Nerds

It's as if some of you make being offended and comically bitter your life's work. While I realize some people value being cautious,  cynicism and negativity does not equal wisdom. Just as optimism and enthusiasm does not equal naivety. 

But, ahh well. All aboard the X Company/Game Hate Train.

Worry not, the ticket costs little more than a mouthful of hyperbole. 

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Trion hasn't produced anything decent since Rift...and even that was not to my liking.  After Defiance and AA, this is a do not buy from company.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Originally posted by grimal
    Trion hasn't produced anything decent since Rift...and even that was not to my liking.  After Defiance and AA, this is a do not buy from company.

They have only produced Defiance and AA since rift, so there isn't much to go off of. Honestly Defiance wasn't bad IMO I enjoyed it for quite a bit even if it was linear. Trove is a lot different though, it isn't a buy to play game like Defiance was, it isn't a sub game like rift was, it isn't even a cash shop hungry game like AA and rift (post f2p conversion). It has a cash shop but it isn't anywhere near as intrusive as Rift or AA is, plus you can get a majority of the items without paying, and the ones you can't are cosmetic.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by andre369

"No tricks, no traps" If you believe they held their word on that one, you can continue to live in your nice little bubble;)

But they did - look at the Trove shop - seriously, what is your complaint exactly?

I guess they will do the same thing as in AA, boost RNG boxes, nerf loot across the board just after release.

Next to zero QA, glancing over obvious issues with the game, pretending on stream how good the game is. 

Publicly lying that they did not advertise the 10% market place discount. It was shown in the founder packs, does this not count as advertising?

Blaming XL for coding errors is all fine and dandy, Trion publishing a sub par, heavily bugged and turning a 180 on things said pre release is not. 

Should publishers not be accountable for their words pre launch of a game just because they are not technically coding the game?

Are these things not relevant in terms of trusting Trion on their word and whatever the current state business practice is? When they have proven they do not hold their words?

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by TheHavok

When you say Hoster, you mean publisher.  When you say programmed, you mean developed.

XL games is the developer.  Trion is the NA/EU publisher.

And by 'forget' you meant 'forgot'. And by 'there' you meant 'they're'. And by 'is self' you meant 'itself'. 

No judgement, just assuming you're on your phone, a non-native English speaker or drunk. Or maybe a combination of all three.

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    I'm with the OP, I'll never touch another product that Trion is running, regardless of who developed it.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I truly enjoyed Rift (Vanilla) It was one of my favorites.  Even if it was short lived. I really enjoyed the World boss zone events.

But it all fell apart with that.....ummm............whatever the name of that 1st expansion was.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I truly enjoyed Rift (Vanilla) It was one of my favorites.  Even if it was short lived. I really enjoyed the World boss zone events.

But it all fell apart with that.....ummm............whatever the name of that 1st expansion was.

Rift still good game, if someone just looking for a game to play time to time, they will enjoy it, as long they get pass most the vanilla stuff, that what hold some people back is the vanilla leveling.