Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC Graphics Comparison Video

AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109

Personally I think the high preset is the best bang for your buck setting if you have a system similar to mine (i5 4670k, GTX 770). Let me know if the video was helpful for you. You must use Chrome and watch at a HD resolution for 60 FPS. Thanks.

 

Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Graphics Comparison (Ultra / High / Medium / Low) [1080p60]

Comments

  • GremrielGremriel Member UncommonPosts: 65

    I had to set it Medium and in my opinion it still looks very good.

    The only complaint I have is that everything looks like plastic, specifically the hair.

  • DragnelusDragnelus Member RarePosts: 2,523

    Maybe cause I just woke up but I cant see the diff?! Or maybe its youtube :P

     

    Edit: Low fps on ultra?! 


  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Gremriel
    I had to set it Medium and in my opinion it still looks very good. The only complaint I have is that everything looks like plastic, specifically the hair.

    Setting mesh quality to High should fix the hair.

  • TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I play on Ultra, PC version, and it's quite beautiful. It's strange that metal surfaces and the skin of the characters look so well done and the hair looks so plastic-like... 

    My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

  • GremrielGremriel Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by DwarfZZZ
    I play on Ultra, PC version, and it's quite beautiful. It's strange that metal surfaces and the skin of the characters look so well done and the hair looks so plastic-like... 

    For some reason, the plastic hair is gone for me when I started the game today.

  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Ashanor
    Personally I think the high preset is the best bang for your buck setting if you have a system similar to mine (i5 4670k, GTX 770). Let me know if the video was helpful for you. You must use Chrome and watch at a HD resolution for 60 FPS. Thanks.   Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Graphics Comparison (Ultra / High / Medium / Low) [1080p60]

    Nice video. I have the same system and just let the Nvidia Experience program set up my options, and it gives me a mix of highs and ultras. I believe it turns off Multi-sampling when you allow to Nvidia to do your options.

    Really is a beautiful game. Loving it except for some frustrating issues, but that's part of another thread.

  • AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Originally posted by Entris38
    Originally posted by Ashanor
    Personally I think the high preset is the best bang for your buck setting if you have a system similar to mine (i5 4670k, GTX 770). Let me know if the video was helpful for you. You must use Chrome and watch at a HD resolution for 60 FPS. Thanks.   Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Graphics Comparison (Ultra / High / Medium / Low) [1080p60]

    Nice video. I have the same system and just let the Nvidia Experience program set up my options, and it gives me a mix of highs and ultras. I believe it turns off Multi-sampling when you allow to Nvidia to do your options.

    Really is a beautiful game. Loving it except for some frustrating issues, but that's part of another thread.

     

    I considered doing the "automatic" and "custom" (slightly above ultra, but looks nearly identical for a huge decrease in performance) settings in the video as well, but decided to keep it simple. Automatic settings for me does mostly high settings default but turns texture resolution to ultra. I tried to see what Geforce Experience thinks the best settings for my system are as well, but for some reason it is not detecting the game (even after I tried to force a refresh manually).

     

    Thanks for checking out the video guys, I am glad it was helpful!

  • AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109


    Originally posted by Dragnelus Maybe cause I just woke up but I cant see the diff?! Or maybe its youtube :P   Edit: Low fps on ultra?! 
     

    Yeah, it is definitely youtube. Uploading to youtube kills the bitrate. In the raw footage it would be nearly impossible to tell the difference between it and the game playing on my PC if it was running fullscreen. The differences are there, but they are slight. Look closely at the character model and edges of building etc.

  • AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Thinking about doing another graphics comparison video. Anyone know of software (free would be great) that can do a side by side?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,215
    Originally posted by Entris38
    Originally posted by Ashanor
    Personally I think the high preset is the best bang for your buck setting if you have a system similar to mine (i5 4670k, GTX 770). Let me know if the video was helpful for you. You must use Chrome and watch at a HD resolution for 60 FPS. Thanks.   Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Graphics Comparison (Ultra / High / Medium / Low) [1080p60]

    Nice video. I have the same system and just let the Nvidia Experience program set up my options, and it gives me a mix of highs and ultras. I believe it turns off Multi-sampling when you allow to Nvidia to do your options.

    Really is a beautiful game. Loving it except for some frustrating issues, but that's part of another thread.

    Huh, I didn't know about this "Nvidia" experience until I read it in your post. 

    I allowed it to change my settings and my game is a bit smoother and Cassandra's hair is not "bluish" anymore. thanks!




  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,124
    I just watched on 1080P on my iPad airs retina display and honestly I can barely see any difference whatsoever between any of them. I'm so happy I decided on the ps4 version which is a PC on high settings. That way I don't have to deal with all the driver and controls issues so many are whining about.

    There Is Always Hope!

  • AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Originally posted by keithian
    I just watched on 1080P on my iPad airs retina display and honestly I can barely see any difference whatsoever between any of them. I'm so happy I decided on the ps4 version which is a PC on high settings. That way I don't have to deal with all the driver and controls issues so many are whining about.

     

    I will admit it is fairly annoying that so many PC games don't look that much better than PS4 games these days. Developers that do this have really held the industry back for a while. I still can't stand playing any game which requires large amounts of camera movement on anything but a mouse though.

Sign In or Register to comment.