Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another housing question..

itsTortitsTort Member UncommonPosts: 125

I've been looking at the game, and on the crowdfunding site (https://www.therepopulation.com/crowdfunding/) I am looking at their little chart of what players get for donating

350 dollars is the minimum price to get a "PvE Housing Plot", then it goes up from there, 500/850/1200/etc.

Does this mean, if I want to play the game, and have an open world housing plot, I need to donate at least 350 dollars? I do know that there are the apartments, and other instanced housing, but that's not my concern. 

If no -- how much open world housing is actually available? If I don't donate 850 dollars, and get the 10 day headstart, am I going to miss out on open world housing completely? 

Comments

• JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421
    All players can have open world housing. However to claim land you need a plot. The plot itself will be a difficult to craft item which will take players a while to obtain. So in the early going having a plot allows backers to just go out and pick their land on day one. It will save them in-game money in the longrun (from buying the plot from another player) and allow them to pick a spot early. It doesn't give them the exclusive on housing though.
  • itsTortitsTort Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Ahh, I see. Okay, good to know :) Thanks
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Originally posted by JC-Smith
    All players can have open world housing. However to claim land you need a plot. The plot itself will be a difficult to craft item which will take players a while to obtain. So in the early going having a plot allows backers to just go out and pick their land on day one. It will save them in-game money in the longrun (from buying the plot from another player) and allow them to pick a spot early. It doesn't give them the exclusive on housing though.

Thanks for the answer, JC. Will there a maximum number of non-instanced plots available on a given server instance?

• JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421
    You can only have one per player. Or if you mean the total number of plots on a server for everyone, we're not really sure. Part of it will depend on how people lay out their houses, but we are aware that there will be a lot of people wanting housing, so we've been reserving a reasonable chunk of land for it in the newer areas.
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Originally posted by JC-Smith
    You can only have one per player. Or if you mean the total number of plots on a server for everyone, we're not really sure. Part of it will depend on how people lay out their houses, but we are aware that there will be a lot of people wanting housing, so we've been reserving a reasonable chunk of land for it in the newer areas.

Yes, that's what I meant. Great, thanks :) I trust you guys will do the needful for everyone to have a good experience!