Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow this is horrible

GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Seriously I have never played in 20 years of gaming such a mismanaged game.

Even to add payment options using CC or Paypal the site fails .

The only way I could get my CC information on the damn game was using my old RIFT account that already had info saved.

Anyways basically say you want to be crafter in the game well you skill up and it requires a ton of labor to craft so within 30m to 1hr you are out of labor . 

So what do you do ? Well you buy this thing called a workers pot which costs around $1.50   they are on 12hr cooldown but they work on 6 other characters that you can unlock on account . Giving you a total of 12k labor a day .

12k labor vs normal F2P is 1440 labor . How much would it take to get this much labor ? about $100 a week .

yeah this game I would stay away from , the game is fun and had promise but the systems designed to scam you out of your money are shocking.

Comments

• stvnkrs10stvnkrs10 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Agreed, the game has fun elements, but the negatives outweigh the positives. Left my farms and house to rot, going to find something else to play.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    While its true virtually ever facet of the game was meant to nickle and dime you, the labor issue was the least of my worries.  You make 1440 labor a day offline 24/7 or 2880 online.  After the first 10k of any trade the cost of making level 40+ items becomes substantial so spending 12k labor on most of them is not something one really does.  I mean even with 20 other people feeding me labor pots to craft the guild weapons, I seldom used all 6 labor pots in 1 day as people needed days at a time to save for the materials required to craft t1-t3 weapons.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by Dullahan
    While its true virtually ever facet of the game was meant to nickle and dime you, the labor issue was the least of my worries.  You make 1440 labor a day offline 24/7 or 2880 online.  After the first 10k of any trade the cost of making level 40+ items becomes substantial so spending 12k labor on most of them is not something one really does.  I mean even with 20 other people feeding me labor pots to craft the guild weapons, I seldom used all 6 labor pots in 1 day as people needed days at a time to save for the materials required to craft t1-t3 weapons.

He's talking about just skilling up a craft though, which only really costs labor.  You can do the 100 labor vambraces over and over.

I actually like the concept of gating crafting through labor so everyone isn't max quickly or pumping out stuff like crazy, but when they sell the way around it in the cash shop, it totally defeats the purpose.

Too much of the game is limited and then opened through the cash shop.

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

That's odd, I have 4 toons (3 in one faction and 1 in another) on one server, and cannot stack Workers Compensation Potions. Nor can I use one on my toon on the other server I play on, when one is still on cool down anywhere on my account.

It could be

A) I'm glitched and should actually be the one bitching, and sending in a ticket ASAP (Which in itself is bitch worthy)

or

B) You haven't actually done this, leaving the possibilities down that rabbit hole for others

or

C) Both 

Lets say it's A)  That's why God made money...oh ...at least that's one use for money, suck them potion and craft that shit, hell Im going to go try and see if I can stack em too, maybe something has changed  since I last tried.

Nice tip and Great news.

Thank you.

Well... if it actually works

If not,,,, See B)

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by WaldoCorn

That's odd, I have 4 toons (3 in one faction and 1 in another) on one server, and cannot stack Workers Compensation Potions. Nor can I use one on my toon on the other server I play on, when one is still on cool down anywhere on my account.

It could be

A) I'm glitched and should actually be the one bitching, and sending in a ticket ASAP (Which in itself is bitch worthy)

or

B) You haven't actually done this, leaving the possibilities down that rabbit hole for others

or

C) Both 

Lets say it's A)  That's why God made money...oh ...at least that's one use for money, suck them potion and craft that shit, hell Im going to go try and see if I can stack em too, maybe something has changed  since I last tried.

Nice tip and Great news.

Thank you.

If not,,,, See B)

When I played the game I had no issue using pots on each character to boost my LP. The LP is shared per server with the characters you have on each server. I personally have done it so I am not sure why you say it doesn't work for you.

For me the game just was lacking in so many ways, then you insert all the hacking, botting, exploits, duping, etc into the game and it just became a mess. The game has an ancient UI (which is a huge pet peeve for me) with little customization, the world just felt empty and lifeless (especially in the cities), the combat and lack of ability queuing made fighting annoying at times especially in higher populated areas, and the lack of proper LOD and occlusion created more stress on peoples systems than needed (the game was never optimized!).

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

He's talking about just skilling up a craft though, which only really costs labor.  You can do the 100 labor vambraces over and over.

I actually like the concept of gating crafting through labor so everyone isn't max quickly or pumping out stuff like crazy, but when they sell the way around it in the cash shop, it totally defeats the purpose.

It's a great idea. Wushu has energy. It's a great mechanic, but they don't sell any energy pots in the cash shop... It's not to the point where people calculate how much energy it will take to make an item either. It function as more of a soft gating system instead of a buy from the cash shop system.... 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by Grailer

Seriously I have never played in 20 years of gaming such a mismanaged game.

Even to add payment options using CC or Paypal the site fails .

The only way I could get my CC information on the damn game was using my old RIFT account that already had info saved.

Anyways basically say you want to be crafter in the game well you skill up and it requires a ton of labor to craft so within 30m to 1hr you are out of labor . 

So what do you do ? Well you buy this thing called a workers pot which costs around $1.50   they are on 12hr cooldown but they work on 6 other characters that you can unlock on account . Giving you a total of 12k labor a day .

12k labor vs normal F2P is 1440 labor . How much would it take to get this much labor ? about $100 a week .

yeah this game I would stay away from , the game is fun and had promise but the systems designed to scam you out of your money are shocking.

This only becomes a problem if you want to rush to the top of the crafting tree without exploring other parts of the game.  I was leveling crafting when I had the labor and adventuring when I didn't.  Was pretty stress free.  I've stopped playing for a while, but it sounds like a self imposed problem to me.

I self identify as a monkey.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by NobleNerd

It could be

or

or

C) Both 

Nice tip and Great news.

Thank you.

If not,,,, See B)

When I played the game I had no issue using pots on each character to boost my LP. The LP is shared per server with the characters you have on each server. I personally have done it so I am not sure why you say it doesn't work for you.

For me the game just was lacking in so many ways, then you insert all the hacking, botting, exploits, duping, etc into the game and it just became a mess. The game has an ancient UI (which is a huge pet peeve for me) with little customization, the world just felt empty and lifeless (especially in the cities), the combat and lack of ability queuing made fighting annoying at times especially in higher populated areas, and the lack of proper LOD and occlusion created more stress on peoples systems than needed (the game was never optimized!).

You guys are just confusing yourselves, here is how it actually works.  ALL labor from ALL NA servers is pooled together, ALL labor from ALL EU servers is pooled together for each ACCOUNT.  So you have an NA and an EU labor pool available for each account that is seperate from each other.  You CANNOT drink labor potions from characters on the same server and have it stack, HOWEVER you can drink labor potions from 4 different characters on 4 DIFFERENT NA servers and they will all stack together in your NA labor pool.  So the way cash shoppers exploit the labor system is to have multiple characters each on a DIFFERENT NA server chugging labor pots every 12 hours.  You can only drink 1 pot per 12 hours per server, but all NA labor is pooled so you  drink your pots on different servers and they will stack in your NA or EU labor pool.

• preachmorepreachmore Member Posts: 75

It could be

or

or

C) Both 

Nice tip and Great news.

Thank you.

If not,,,, See B)

you can consume 6 pots every 12h (if u have 6 characters slots)

there is no question if it works or not .... it is working (as intentend)

to consume the pot the character must be lvl 15

there are also 200 & 500 LP pots with no cooldown at all, that drop from rng boxes (latest one is darwen somthing), you can find them in ah too, but pricy

All-time fave : City of Heroes/Villains

Played and returning from time to time : GW2, Tera, CO

Played: Aion, Archeage, DCUO, FXIV:ARR, Rift, SWTOR, TSW, Vindictus, Wildstar

Playing atm : WoW, Hearthstone, Tera, GW2

• preachmorepreachmore Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by 123443211234

It could be

or

or

C) Both 

Nice tip and Great news.

Thank you.

If not,,,, See B)

You guys are just confusing yourselves, here is how it actually works.  ALL labor from ALL NA servers is pooled together, ALL labor from ALL EU servers is pooled together for each ACCOUNT.  So you have an NA and an EU labor pool available for each account that is seperate from each other.  You CANNOT drink labor potions from characters on the same server and have it stack, HOWEVER you can drink labor potions from 4 different characters on 4 DIFFERENT NA servers and they will all stack together in your NA labor pool.  So the way cash shoppers exploit the labor system is to have multiple characters each on a DIFFERENT NA server chugging labor pots every 12 hours.  You can only drink 1 pot per 12 hours per server, but all NA labor is pooled so you  drink your pots on different servers and they will stack in your NA or EU labor pool.

you can drink 4 pots in same srver, i have done it a lot of times

also it is not considered as an exploit

All-time fave : City of Heroes/Villains

Played and returning from time to time : GW2, Tera, CO

Played: Aion, Archeage, DCUO, FXIV:ARR, Rift, SWTOR, TSW, Vindictus, Wildstar

Playing atm : WoW, Hearthstone, Tera, GW2

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

I know how that is. I attempted (four different times) to update my credit card information (the old one had expired), and Trions site kept having errors. I finally dropped a note to support, and more than a week later, got a cut and paste response back, that was less than helpful.  Lord only knows how much money this is costing Trion.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

The problem is its not gated to control the economy its gated to steer you to the cash shop, like all F2P games which is why I don't play them, or support the model.  ITs not about self control its a a level playing field and the immersion of just logging into a gameworld and simply playing.  Having the gameworld serve you and every other person in the game what you need to play and to immerse yourself without thoughts of the "cash shop" or how much real money you are or arnt siniking into a game.  I don't enough of that in real life.  Games for me are to escape the cash grabbers of the real world not to dive into a virtual world full of them.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by DMKano

By too much you mean - none - as everything can be bought for gold.

Worker's comp comes from the cash shop.  Someone is paying real money to get these things even if you're using in-game gold to buy it off them.

So in the case of labor, I mean ALL of it is limited and then opened through the cash shop.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Gold is limited by labor points unless you're a super savvy merchant (which the vast majority of people aren't.  Otherwise savvy merchants wouldn't be able to make any profits in the first place).

There's a reason why more and more people are starting to say Archeage feels like a job.  It's no fun basically being an indentured servant to the whales where half or more of your gold earnings go towards labor potions.  The situation becomes only more pronounced as APEX and labor potion prices continue to rise.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

I dont see how people defend this game, it is outright terrible. why because it has PVP? are people that desperate for a PVP game that they have to latch on to a terrible game?

this game IS horribly ran, I will never trust trion (and they were one of my favorite companies prior to this) for mishandling a game like this, and I will never play a Korean MMORPG "port". not unless i specifically hear that the company "porting" the game over has the ability to change the game without consulting with the Korean overlords.

Fool me once shame on you (with Aion) fool me twice shame on me (Archeage)

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Worker's comp comes from the cash shop.  Someone is paying real money to get these things even if you're using in-game gold to buy it off them.

So in the case of labor, I mean ALL of it is limited and then opened through the cash shop.

So what if someone spent real money on it? They are funding the game so you don't have to. Also, if nobody spent any money on Labor pots, then the game would be even more fair and balanced because everyone would have the same Labor restrictions.

Not defending cash shop mentality, but the advantage to this system is that people with a lot of time can play Free.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by JDis25

So what if someone spent real money on it? They are funding the game so you don't have to. Also, if nobody spent any money on Labor pots, then the game would be even more fair and balanced because everyone would have the same Labor restrictions.

Not defending cash shop mentality, but the advantage to this system is that people with a lot of time can play Free.

Suffer. Suffer free, woopdee doo. Fun, you have to pay for.

And pay, and pay, and pay, everytime more pay.

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by stvnkrs10
    Agreed, the game has fun elements, but the negatives outweigh the positives. Left my farms and house to rot, going to find something else to play.

Same here

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

Originally posted by JDis25

The disadvantage is that it encourages the company to monetize various aspects of the game that end up hurting the game.

In the case of Workman's Comps, if they were NOT monetized and labor didn't exist (or regened 4x as fast), the game would be a lot more fun for a lot of people. But because the game is free-to-play and trying to maximize profits, they instead monetize the labor system and now EVERYONE has to deal with it (and it also leads to big imbalances down the line).

Archeage stops being fun for many people when you log on, harvest your farm, do a trade run or two, then realize you're basically out of labor for the day.  All so Trion could make more money from the cash shop.  Yes, you can buy Workman Compensation potions for gold instead of cash (using up more than three-fourths your revenue to do so at current prices, if not worse), but you wouldn't be in that stupid situation in the first place if the game weren't built around monetizing it.

Such a thing decreases the fun of the game and thus makes the game worse.  AND THEY KNOW THIS.  R2Games' presentation explicitly lists lower player retention and shortened game lifespan as cons to this sort of model.

Those only paying the $15 sub and not whaling it up are basically paying the same subscription fee others pay in other games for a game that the company is purposefully gimping in the name of greater profits.  Those who play for free under the labor restrictions and lack of land ownership... um.....  I'm amazed they're still having fun but I suppose they end up being the true winners (all... three of them)

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

The cash shop items require real money. Yes they can be sold in the AH, but the only place they come from is by using real money to purchase them to place them in the game. Someone HAS to pay real money to have those items in the game and the real money cost is steep to purchase many of the items. Once more of the whales leave the game the cash shop supply of those items in game will dwindle and the cost to purchase in game will skyrocket.... if it hasn't happened already.

The cash shop items require real money. Yes they can be sold in the AH, but the only place they come from is by using real money to purchase them to place them in the game. Someone HAS to pay real money to have those items in the game and the real money cost is steep to purchase many of the items. Once more of the whales leave the game the cash shop supply of those items in game will dwindle and the cost to purchase in game will skyrocket.... if it hasn't happened already.

It's already happening.  From what I've been reading on the forums, most activities apparently aren't worth the labor potion costs to do them now (and if you're relying on just the free Patron regen by itself... good luck to you? Like I said, at higher levels lots of people go through an entire day of free regen in like, 45 minutes)

Hell, one of the only reason Workman Comp potions were so cheap up until now was because of the APEX exploit apparently.  After the exploit became known, there were lots of people posting "Oh.  So THAT'S where those guys that posted hundreds of potions up on the auction house at a time got all those workman potions from".  (Game can't be P2W if hackers and exploiters are getting it all and dumping it onto everyone for free, I guess) If Trion/XLGames ever fixes that exploit, the situation will only get worse.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I think with Patron status and no bots/hacks/exploits the game would be fantastic. As a FTP I would find it very difficult to enjoy the game as a crafter. It would still be fun in terms of PVP and Dungeons though.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

After spending $500 on game I ended up just quiting

in disgust. Too many exploits in a card game , credit card game that is.

I did something I thought I would never do, bought WoW expansion

and after 7 years back playing WOW and having a blast.

hope WOW is not going to be CC game as well.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Archeage, the game where the vocal minority absolutely drowns out the silent majority. PLEASE DO NOT SAY A WORD ABOUT THIS GAME UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY!

So lets all create the same damn thread over and over and over all saying the same damn thing. Ohh and lets just ignore the fact that the overwhelming majority of the complaints have NOTHING to do the with the game but rather management of it. You'd think that EVENTUALLY there will be a thread actually talking about game features. Instead it is basically the same damn thread over and over.

Underneath all this drama is actually an amazing game with endless potential. All the issues you all are complaining about are short term issues that will get fixed. Talking like the game has already failed is ridiculous and too many of you are stating opinions as fact.

Its almost like its an obsession of the community to exaggerate EVERY AA issue and make sure EVERY issue is a headline to the world. At the same time there are plenty of players enjoying the game completely ignorant to the issues of the vocal minority. Some times I ask myself that if I never looked at the forums, how many of these issues would I ever even notice?

DMKano - Keep fighting the good fight, I greatly respect your defense of the game and can understand how it can feel like you are the only one open to defending the game while not taking EVERY opportunity to bash it.

To the rest of you, if you leave AA and can find fulfillment in themeparks more power to you, enjoy your Wow. Some of us came to AA for something different and for that same reason, I will not be leaving. When I hear, "I quit AA and went back to WoW, tells me you weren't here for something different but just wanted to play another FOTM, you will not be missed.

In the end, AA will be fixed, I will still be playing my sandbox game. and you all will have spent considerably more time and money hopping MMO's every other month.

PS - I will not be responding to any comments about "AA isn't a sandbox" crap. So don't waste your type typing it.

/rant off

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    Originally posted by steelwind
    if you leave AA and can find fulfillment in themeparks more power to you, enjoy your Wow

you say that as if Archeage is NOT a themepark. Archeage IS completely a themepark with some open PVP and housing.

its like ordering a pizza and getting a pizza box filled with crap and a small slice of pizza sitting in one corner of the box. I mean this game has everything any themepark has.

as to your PS, lol thats fine just keep your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears say "LALALALALALA i can't hear you".