Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Add another disappointed re subscriber to the list.

I too like many others resubbed in anticipation of patch 1.5 and changes to vet XP. I was very critical of ESO at launch due to many bugs (falling through the ground for instance) and broken quests which made progression impossible. I quit around level 40. 

Recently after reading that game is in much better shape now i decided to give it another go. I had a week off so played a lot and hit 50 in anticipation of finally being able to level veteran ranks. but it turns out that even after several patches the veteran XP is still a mess.

I knew that veteran ranks were a huge turn off for majority before but it seems it is somehow even worse now.  I wanted to experience it myself and after gaining rank  2 i don't see myself going through all the opposite faction maps and grinding dungeons etc. The veteran xp is  terrible and i feel i have hit a wall in terms of progression. I like choices in terms of how i want to level but that is not the case in veteran progression.

I have started an alt  since level 1 to 50 leveling is bug free now and honestly that is where the game shines. But i will probably quit again once i hit 50.

Well that is my feedback for those who are thinking of re subscribing to the game. In my opinion it is still not worth it. Maybe some day but not yet.

Comments

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Quit first time when I reached VR1. Resubbed and started with a new character in another faction, VR1 again but this time I'll try to grind at least a bit. Maybe even until VR14. I truly hate VR even as a concept though and Zenimax should remove it as fast as possible imo. I guess that a lot of people quit just because of it.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

I feel you OP.  I'm going to avoid the, "fool me twice shame on me" situation.  This game seems to be in a constant state of change as the devs are trying to accommodate all of the complaints and fix bugs, but then end up creating new complaints and new bugs.  I'm sure they are trying, however "trying" to improve a game is different than actually improving a game.  Interesting enough, my issues with the game were never bug related.  I experienced a pretty smooth launch with out any technical issues that I could remember.  I was just hoping for the next Elder Scrolls game.  So I'm in the group who isn't waiting for them to fix the game.  We are waiting for them to "fix" the game if that makes sense.  At the rate they are taking to add ES features as opposed to generic MMO features I have a feeling Todd Howard will have a new ES game announced or even probably released so no biggy if they ever get ESO in a proper state. 

This game's development is interesting to watch.  Kind of like a train wreck.  I feel bad for those who hold out hoping they will get their sub's worth though and who keep paying becuase of the IP.  Obviously there are those who think this is the best MMO on the market and maybe it is,...for them.  However there are those like the OP who want to give this game another shot or two and still not getting what they hope for.  Who is wrong?  The fans or non-fans?  Who cares?  But like I said, still interesting to watch.

I don't wish f2p on the game but I'm wondering why they are holding out so long.  I have a feeling it's pride or arrogance.   In this particular case they should take Marsellus Wallace's advice and say "f&%k pride". 

And no, I wouldn't play it again if it went f2p.  I will play it again when they add ES gameplay, which is supposedly on the way.  I'm ready to eat crow, just not expecting to have to anytime soon.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410

I'm quite honestly shocked to see just how many masochists there are in this forum O_O 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by Siug
    Quit first time when I reached VR1. Resubbed and started with a new character in another faction, VR1 again but this time I'll try to grind at least a bit. Maybe even until VR14. I truly hate VR even as a concept though and Zenimax should remove it as fast as possible imo. I guess that a lot of people quit just because of it.

I quite when I reached VR1 also.  But never resubbed.  I just read the forums and reviews.  Which pretty much also say they're working on it and the next updates will be great.  Only problem is their updates have a history of not being great.  So until reviews start coming out saying grouping has been fix, all the skills trees have been fixed, combat flow has been fixed, and Zeni has so much confidence in the game they want us to come back for a free weekend, I'm leaving them alone.

This is going to hit them hard for the holidays.  Perhaps they're planning something special to get people to spend their money and get more players back.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I don't agree that Vet levelling was too hard, but they made it easier so you got your wish. The grouping issue is not going to be sorted out when you have a dynamic system which changes the environment for players depending on what quests they have done. That is the games only big issue in my eyes, apart from that its a fine MMO.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Strange post OP considering they got rid of vet XP for 1.5. You know you don't have to do those quest right? I never did. 

Anyways ranks will be gone in 4 weeks. The Champion system will be live.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"