Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camera position

The quarter view, or isometric view, is coined as “Smart View” system in Lineage Eternal. The camera angle is not fixed, players can still rotate and zoom in or out.

Rotating the camera in a true 3D world with normal zooming is what sets this game appart from all other Isometric view games... its a 3D world and not a 2D world.. this technollogy id far beyound Diablo and all its clones..

If they can make this feel like a true MMO then they might have a real winner on their hands.. as it might be that fresh feeling MMO everyone is looking for..  atleast its something different which is a huge step

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,955
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

The quarter view, or isometric view, is coined as “Smart View” system in Lineage Eternal. The camera angle is not fixed, players can still rotate and zoom in or out.

Rotating the camera in a true 3D world with normal zooming is what sets this game appart from all other Isometric view games... its a 3D world and not a 2D world.. this technollogy id far beyound Diablo and all its clones..

If they can make this feel like a true MMO then they might have a real winner on their hands.. as it might be that fresh feeling MMO everyone is looking for..  atleast its something different which is a huge step

First off, it's not all that impressive. Second, Grim Dawn also has that capability.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to the game, but you're exaggerating the significance of a rotatable camera quite a bit.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

First off, it's not all that impressive. Second, Grim Dawn also has that capability.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to the game, but you're exaggerating the significance of a rotatable camera quite a bit.

Offcourse i am looking from my very own perspective...

and when recently playing both Diablo and the expansion, my biggest irritator was the lack of camera movement...  To some people this is a great big important deal...

Not the only one, i think massive combat will be very important for the game

the gesture bind combat system will feel very different

etc

etc

etc

But  for me the free camera movement is a must for me to join an isometric top down view...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932

I don't mind if the camera is fixed. Lineage 1 has a fixed top-down camera and still is NC's most successful MMO. What really matters for me is whether this game will be a hardore MMO like Lineage 1 or not. I hope so, as an old L1 player.

http://youtu.be/l94OHzghnvs

New video:

I'd say pretty disappointed as a L1-L2 player, too much focus on instances and also a BG, and no word about the open world-open pvp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwGhqnfcJ0s

If the instanced pvp were like the olympics in L2 that happen once a month and decide who will be the next heros for the next month, it would be cool, but I sense the smell of compulsory meaningless instanced pvp.

I think a game like Lineage 1 will never happen again.

Now I'm expecting Black Desert as my last hope. It it fails, I'll retire from MMOs until at least 2025+, maybe a Lineage 3 can come to the rescue.

It seems there is hope, according to Steparu, there will be open world bosses-pvp-pk and supports 500 players in a single area.

Waiting to see it.