Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new game that is dead but should not be!

SanelessSaneless Member UncommonPosts: 43

God factory is a space fighting sim and i have got to say this game is amazing. The devs have obviously put alot of time into this game! http://store.steampowered.com/app/262750/

But the game is literally dead, at peak there are probably a generous 20 players online. Matches consist of 4v4s and require alot of team work. Basically dota but a space fighting sim.

or add me on steam as : saneless 

Comments

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

This game looks interesting; Steam should put it on the winter sale to drum up a playerbase.

It is the first time I have heard of it.

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by mrputts

It is the first time I have heard of it.

This is probably the the issue if its a good game, no one has heard of it.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

No... I fully think it should be dead if the developers did not have a marketing plan in place before they launched the production. We see this more and more, people make a game but have no plan for how to market it, relying on services such as steam to do ALL the work for them.

That does not cut it in this day and age.

This have been a good conversation

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    The market is flooded with multiplayer only games, most of the ones I see on steam have little activity in their forums.  You need to do something amazing if your going to make a multiplayer only game, counter strike, team fortress etc.  I'm not saying this game isn't, but if it was I'm sure people would know about it.  Word of mount is always greater than hard marketing.
  • FouklterFouklter Member Posts: 12

The solutions are:

a) Make steam put it on winter sale.

b) More marketing from the producers.

+ updates.

• faye01faye01 Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Saneless

God factory is a space fighting sim and i have got to say this game is amazing. The devs have obviously put alot of time into this game! http://store.steampowered.com/app/262750/

But the game is literally dead, at peak there are probably a generous 20 players online. Matches consist of 4v4s and require alot of team work. Basically dota but a space fighting sim.

or add me on steam as : saneless 

Looks like an interesting game, but makes me little bit sad for you coz' base on what you've said  this game is literally dead? what's with that? :(

GoD Factory: Wingmen is a team based competitive space combat simulator in which the goal is to destroy the enemy’s carrier ship while protecting your own. The game features a very extensive ship customization system, in which ship are built component by component by selecting different bodies, cockpits,wings, thrusters, power cores, shield generators, Devices, add ons, main computers, weapon control units main weapons and wing weapons. These partsaffect both the look at capacities of your craft, allowing the player to craft a ship that fits the role he wants to play in a fight. There will be four playable species at launch, each having their own unique ship parts and abilities.

Players get to build their ships by spending credits they earned by playing matches, building up their ship so that they get incrementally better as they play. While in matches, the player brings two different ships to the fight and can alternate between them during a match, allowing for more versatility. These ships can also be swapped around with other players while in-game, should they accept to share them with you.

In order to destroy a carrier ship, which happens to be a 13 kilometers long structure, the players have to cooperate to take out its vulnerable points. Every vulnerable area has a different negative effect when destroyed. For instance, destroying the ammo depot will reduce the amount of ammo restocked when docking, while destroying the Comm tower will cut out most alerts the players would receive when their carrier’s weak points suffer damage, and so on. The carriers themselves also have their own artillery which shoots every once in a while, ensuring that the game can’t stall for long. The average length of a matchis between 10 and 20 minutes, and it is impossible for a match to go over 30 minutes.

http://god-factory-wingmen.wikia.com/wiki/GoD_Factory:_Wingmen_Wiki

• AnneBelievableAnneBelievable Member Posts: 35

I make my own research, because i got curiosity about this game, i searched God Factory Game. But GoD Factory: Wingmen is the most that appeared in my browser. Then i got this.

sourse: http://god-factory-wingmen.wikia.com/wiki/GoD_Factory:_Wingmen_Wiki

GoD Factory: Wingmen is a team based competitive space combat simulator in which the goal is to destroy the enemy’s carrier ship while protecting your own. The game features a very extensive ship customization system, in which ship are built component by component by selecting different bodies, cockpits,wings, thrusters, power cores, shield generators, Devices, add ons, main computers, weapon control units main weapons and wing weapons. These partsaffect both the look at capacities of your craft, allowing the player to craft a ship that fits the role he wants to play in a fight. There will be four playable species at launch, each having their own unique ship parts and abilities.

Players get to build their ships by spending credits they earned by playing matches, building up their ship so that they get incrementally better as they play. While in matches, the player brings two different ships to the fight and can alternate between them during a match, allowing for more versatility. These ships can also be swapped around with other players while in-game, should they accept to share them with you.

In order to destroy a carrier ship, which happens to be a 13 kilometers long structure, the players have to cooperate to take out its vulnerable points. Every vulnerable area has a different negative effect when destroyed. For instance, destroying the ammo depot will reduce the amount of ammo restocked when docking, while destroying the Comm tower will cut out most alerts the players would receive when their carrier’s weak points suffer damage, and so on. The carriers themselves also have their own artillery which shoots every once in a while, ensuring that the game can’t stall for long. The average length of a matchis between 10 and 20 minutes, and it is impossible for a match to go over 30 minutes.

Is this right ? I mean, is this the game you are talking about ? A space combat simulator ??  

Don't Play with me coz I know I can play better than you!

• jecjs24jecjs24 Member Posts: 10

This is a new game ? ahuh?

i watch the trailer for me its look like a transformer HAHAHA lol BUT in the SPACE .

• SanelessSaneless Member UncommonPosts: 43
    yea this is the game. It is really good but the dev team is crazy small. I dont know alot about them but i did play a few matches a bit ago it was alot of fun. 
  • TazdragoTazdrago Member UncommonPosts: 44
    MOHAA
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The best way i can put this is Eve to me is a 2/10 and every space game looks pretty much identical to Eve,so they do not interest me at all.
    A space game SHOULD and could be an amazing genre/game but low budget developers aim at space games so they can deliver a game at low cost.

I am not going to go into every last detail as to why a space game is so inferior,i will simply say that they do LESS like FAR less.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OrionKnightOrionKnight Member UncommonPosts: 31
    For Honor!? a lot of players stop playing because it is repeatable?  O.o
  • 13thBen13thBen Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I wanna check it first before I decide to play it or not