Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC to PS4 Question

IAmH2OsIAmH2Os Member UncommonPosts: 16

I purchased the collector's edition on PC of FFXIV when it originally launch prior to a Realm Reborn.  I played the trial and never subscribed.  Now I am considering purchasing it for my PS4.  

• Will my collector's edition perks transfer to the PS4 even if I only purchase the base version of the game on PS4?  
  • Will I get a free trial again on the PS4 if I use my account details from my PC account?
Thanks for the assistance.

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by IAmH2Os

I purchased the collector's edition on PC of FFXIV when it originally launch prior to a Realm Reborn.  I played the trial and never subscribed.  Now I am considering purchasing it for my PS4.  

• Will my collector's edition perks transfer to the PS4 even if I only purchase the base version of the game on PS4?  
    • Will I get a free trial again on the PS4 if I use my account details from my PC account?

You only have to buy the Standard Edition for the PS4.

You just have to go to Mog station and add the PS4 to your FFXIV game account. So both PC and PS4 are then on same game account. You pay a single sub and so you will be able to play your same characters on both PC and PS4.

There are no seperate PC and PS4 servers!  Unlike DCUO.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by IAmH2Os I purchased the collector's edition on PC of FFXIV when it originally launch prior to a Realm Reborn.  I played the trial and never subscribed.  Now I am considering purchasing it for my PS4.   Will my collector's edition perks transfer to the PS4 even if I only purchase the base version of the game on PS4?   Will I get a free trial again on the PS4 if I use my account details from my PC account? Thanks for the assistance.

You just have to go to Mog station and add the PS4 to your FFXIV game account. So both PC and PS4 are then on same game account. You pay a single sub and so you will be able to play your same characters on both PC and PS4.

SHould have done it for PS3 amiright? :D

• IAmH2OsIAmH2Os Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Appreciate the help.
  • IAmH2OsIAmH2Os Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I will say that I put in 4 hours and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the game. 
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by IAmH2Os

Great info!

Thanks as well image

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Maybe someone had the same situation.

I bought the game for my PC and created a account with Square months ago, then recently I bought the digital copy from PS4 store, however the MOG station is asking for a registration code to enter if i want to link my PS4 to the same account.

It seems like I am going in circles and cannot locate the registration key in the Sony Entertainment Network to add to my my Square Accout. Anyone else come across this issue as well?

At this point, if I didnt buy the collectors edtion on my PC, i wouls have just created a new account, but since my PC account is still active, why have 2 FFXiV accounts. 

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

I had the original collectors edition and I now also have the standard PS4 edition.

My account is still considered a collectors edition account.

I have all of my original collectors edition items mailed to me and any new characters that I make.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')