Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansion questions...

kairel182kairel182 Member UncommonPosts: 287

I'm going to brush aside my outspoken hatred for Blizzard/the game for a minute ask a legitimate question out of curiosity.

I'm also completely disregarding the login issues and other instabilities/DDOS attacks...

Everyone seems to be relating the expansion to Burning Crusade 2.0 or even Vanilla overhaul, but no one really specifies why this is the case.  I'm curious as to WHY this conclusion is being drawn, because the original game/BC was actually decent until they completely destroyed the game with phasing and casual gameplay.

So what makes this expansion tick?

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by kairel182

I'm going to brush aside my outspoken hatred for Blizzard/the game for a minute ask a legitimate question out of curiosity.

I'm also completely disregarding the login issues and other instabilities/DDOS attacks...

Everyone seems to be relating the expansion to Burning Crusade 2.0 or even Vanilla overhaul, but no one really specifies why this is the case.  I'm curious as to WHY this conclusion is being drawn, because the original game/BC was actually decent until they completely destroyed the game with phasing and casual gameplay.

Lore is closer to the orriginal warcraft games, the mainquestlines have some great stories to tell, combat, immersion, no flying mounts, integration of garrisons in the gameplay, graphics (yes for a 10 year old game engine the new zones look great)...  

Its WoW back on the orriginal track as long as the feeling lasts i am having a blast, it feels like i am playing WoW again the way i loved to play it which is good.... 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

I will say, for myself anyway... it is mostly the feel of the game, the lore and how the quest lines are running. There is still a lot of solo-centric gameplay, but the quests actually feel like you are doing something meaningful as they are geared around establishing and fortifying your garrison. There are however a lot of roaming world boss type mobs which do seem to be drawing on the idea of community.

... but I would have to say it is mostly the feeling of connectivity of the story mattering and the relatablity for your character and going to the core of the lore. All the spitshine and polish for the graphics doesn't hurt either.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• kairel182kairel182 Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by kairel182

Lore is closer to the orriginal warcraft games, the mainquestlines have some great stories to tell, combat, immersion, no flying mounts, integration of garrisons in the gameplay, graphics (yes for a 10 year old game engine the new zones look great)...  

Its WoW back on the orriginal track as long as the feeling lasts i am having a blast, it feels like i am playing WoW again the way i loved to play it which is good.... 

Last I heard, flying mounts were disabled until some time after the release of the expansion.  Is this still true?  Because flying mounts were one of the highest offenders for ruining the game world.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Yep... no flying on Draenor.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk