Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 1.5.4 and vet xp gains

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Here is part of an official post:

...we'd like everyone to play around with the Veteran XP changes for a bit and let us know how it feels as there's been a lot of moving parts recently.

ZOS_GinaBruno

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/139863/1-5-4-xp/p2

This seriously sounds like something that should be in the PTS forum or beta forum, to me.

Quest xp is slated to be fixed in patch 1.55.

Are you satisfied with the state of ESO at this time? What's causing ZOS to have so many problems?

Comments

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

I am very satisfied with the overall game. Although I am certainly not too thrilled with the bugs and glitches that plague the game. But that doesn't stop me from continuing to play the game. This game fits my playstyle.  I have been playing MMO games for a very long time, and I do not recall any past or current game lacking bugs and glitches. Does ESO have more bugs than most games? I would say yes.  But for me, they are not game breaking.  

For example, they just added daily crafting quests. Most worked fine, but the alchemy and enchanting ones have been bugged from the first day they went live. It was certainly disappointing, but it did not hold me back from playing the game. So, i found other things to do in the game while I wait for the devs to fix the problem. 

The only time I was really upset with a game bug was when one of the main quests had a bug where I could not finish the quest.  Because of the bug, I could not move forward with the quest line, nor could I get the achievements within the area. But it was fixed within time.  

I look forward with the new content that is on its way. The champion system looks fun, and adds more progression for my character.  But I am really looking forward to the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood additions, plus the justice system. As a customer of ESO, I am very pleased to know that they do not just sit back and collect my money every week.  They are actively trying to add content to the game and better the current content.  I cannot remember a game company that adds so much content to their game on a regular basis. I would rather play a game that gives me regular content additions with some temporary bugs, as opposed to one of the many cash grab games out there. 

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I remain subbed this month because I do enjoy what ESO has to offer. I already have a VR14, so the leveling problem doesn't affect me when I want to play with guildies doing pve or pvp. However, I am not leveling any of my alts past VR1 till the situation gets sorted, hopefully by patch 1.5.5.

Mainly, what I am concerned about is how I am starting to feel this is a paid beta for the console launch, whenever that is. Also, I'm concerned about the extent of the bugs and the difficulty the ZOS team has in tracking them down and fixing them.  My concern is that there are management/business pressures on the devs and artists that compromise the product/service delivered to the players/customers.

I hope this is just normal growing pains of a new developer (in mmorpgs, at least), and not symptomatic of a decline in quality brought on by financial pressure and reductions in staff, etc.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

I just did a test run after the recent patch.  Bottom line: at Vr8 (gold) there is no experience slowdown.  At all.  1/6 of the zone quests, 20% of a VR level, 3.5 hours.  Identical to pre-patch.    All of these people theorycrafting aren't actually leveling up - they're arguing that you need to take out a ton of mobs to level.  Well...good thing that you're usually doing that!

Now, I expect that there will be people jumping up and down for months convinced that they've been cheated, and I haven;t checked what the curve looks like at the lower levels.  But it's twice the rate I was seeing claimed at gold, so.....

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

nvm...

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ReeseFlamelocksReeseFlamelocks Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I logged in after the patch and went from VR 4.5 to VR 4.25, so if this new system is supposed to be taking away exp that took me a week to get, then yes, it is working perfectly. Congratulations.

Played: UO, DAoC, Shadowbane, DDO, LOTRO, Aion, Rift, TERA
    Sampled: WoW, AoC, GW2, Vanguard, FF XIV, Neverwinter
    Playing: ESO

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

There is a bug in the UI when it displays how much experience you need to level (you really need 1 million; it says 4 million.  You will level up properly at 1 million (so if you're at the 25% mark you're actually about to level.)