Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The Devs are Listening" 1.5 XP changes

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Staff Post

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that your experience is still being tracked. We understand that the lack of visible progress can be a bit frustrating, but your progress will update correctly in the next patch. Here's a bit more info from Gina to clarify the subject.
<blockquote userquote"="">
Hi everyone,

We have identified the issue where you are unable to level up to a higher Veteran Rank even though you are continuing to gain XP. We are working on a fix for this as quickly as possible, but please be aware that you are not losing any XP by playing in the interim. Once we roll out the fix, all you’ll need to do is earn one point of XP (by killing a monster or discovering a town) and you’ll rank up to the correct Veteran Rank and receive skill points owed to you.

Also, we have heard your concerns about the overall amount of time it takes to earn Veteran Ranks, and are planning to reduce the amount of XP required to earn a Veteran Rank to 1,000,000 XP from 1,432,550 XP, decreasing the amount of time it takes to gain a Veteran Rank by a third. We’re aiming to have this available to you in our next patch.

Super fast response to the players request to lower the experience requirements for Veteran Ranks. Around mid December, Patch 1.6 will do away with Vet Ranks completely and user in the Champion System.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135

Nope:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/139948/zos-ginabruno-pictoral-evidence-of-xp-problem-with-1-5

You still get amazingly low ammounts of XP for - well everything you do really.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I just wonder why the ESO community (in the forums) is so divided over this xp issue. It seems like people don't read the ZOS official statements the same way at all.  Some people -- the same ones over and over -- say we are getting xp throttled intentionally, while the usual white knights say it's easier to level now than ever.  There is very little middle ground, from what I can see.

There is basically this fanboi v whiner name calling debate going on that never goes anywhere.

Is this due to ZOS not communicating clearly? Or is it just stupidity and stubbornness?

Apparently, patch 1.5.5 was supposed to have fixed all the xp problems in veteran ranks except for a display bug and quest xp. Now 1.5.6 is supposed to fix the quest xp problem.

In game, I don't see any difference in population, but with the megaserver, I don't think you will be able to. There have to be some people playing WoW at least. I know I have been. So there's no way to know if the population is falling off or not (unless you are a guild leader of a large guild, you might not know).

Our guild is pretty small. We can field 12-20 most nights we have Cyrodiil activities planned. People are grumbling about bugs or not being able to log in, or lag at times, but not about xp, since most are VR14 now.  The guys who are not are still VR, but casual and just hop on for Cyrodiil nights.

• PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135

Just look at number of people in your trading guild.

Best information you can get so far.

As far as debate over XP goes, you can never get get all people to agree.

ZOS could have evaded this by letting us level as we did and come Champion system you would simply need more XP to gain a Champion point. Instead they promised us faster leveling ( many people play alts ) but instead we got even longer leveling.

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217

way too late

lost me not coming back ...

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Originally posted by Paske

Nope:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/139948/zos-ginabruno-pictoral-evidence-of-xp-problem-with-1-5

Actually, the evidence is now coming in pretty strongly (in that thread and others) that it's pretty much back to the prior status quo.  One of the issues is that killing mobs is relatively more rewarding now - so if you avoided doing so while questing, etc. you will find yourself with less experience.

On the flipside, grinding is now viable as a leveling tool in a way that it wasn't before, although you can no longer get huge rewards for a few things like Craglorn grinds.

• R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Originally posted by d_20

I just wonder why the ESO community (in the forums) is so divided over this xp issue. It seems like people don't read the ZOS official statements the same way at all.  Some people -- the same ones over and over -- say we are getting xp throttled intentionally, while the usual white knights say it's easier to level now than ever.  There is very little middle ground, from what I can see.

Youre apparently not reading the same forum I am. It is indeed a fact that some people say the XP gain per zone has been reduced significantly but the white knights arent saying its easier than ever. Theyre saying that after 1.5.4 the overall xp per zone is more or less the same as it was pre 1.5 if you kill a lot of mobs while questing. 

The point is however, that ZOS has advertised 1.5 and the transition from VP to XP as something that will make gaining ranks easier and faster. No matter how you look at things this is not the case. 

This seems to be supported by the fact that ZOS posted information about 1.5.5 upping XP gains from quests, bringing them closer to what they were pre 1.5.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Uhm...it is easier to level. It's either Wykkd or Foundary, but one of those apps shows the correct xp % until you level (since it's not displaying correctly on the ESO UI). 1 Quest got me 3% at VR 4 where previously a similar quest would get me like 1%. I'm already 30% in when I would be like 5-10% in. I also killed some mobs and got down 1% whereas before it would have taken way way way way more mobs to do this. Now if an issue happens and the Wykkd and Foundary xp bars are lying then oh well.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    Originally posted by Paske

Nope:

Actually, the evidence is now coming in pretty strongly (in that thread and others) that it's pretty much back to the prior status quo.  One of the issues is that killing mobs is relatively more rewarding now - so if you avoided doing so while questing, etc. you will find yourself with less experience.

On the flipside, grinding is now viable as a leveling tool in a way that it wasn't before, although you can no longer get huge rewards for a few things like Craglorn grinds.

And here we have the crux of the situation. Some are upset that they broke the GW2 style grind trains in Craglorn. It took me a week, but I do understand now. 

This was undoubtedly done in preparation for the champion system that will be arriving in the next 5 weeks or so. It's kinda like coming home and seeing that your wife/husband has moved and covered all the furniture because the painter is coming. It might be uncomfortable for some.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"