Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Wizards of STO's secret to success!!

Recently we have been seeing a lot of these guys on the forum and their amazing DPS. Have you wondered what their secret is to such high DPS output? Well I can show you at least one of the tools they use to aide them and how you can use it to your advantage as well.

With the advent of Super HP enemies and more of them, our DPS clearly needs to be higher than what it was a month ago. The current trend in this game points to damage dealing and damage dealing alone. 

A better solution to this by Cryptic might have been the necessity of having a Tank and a healer and adding mechanics by where the group could not survive unless a tank was there to soak a major incoming hit, which would necessitate threat generation by that tank to gain the aggro of that ship or ships. But I digress, as this model seems unlikely to come into our game at this point.

The video I have linked below will show you how to install and setup your own Combat Log Reader. This is the same tool The Wizards of STO use. This tool is invaluable in assessing your gear and how you did in a fight. Hope you enjoy and find this useful.

http://youtu.be/CRYHJg5_COE