Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price of Worker Comp potions on your AH server cluster?

DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Hey guys, I am on the Enla server and right now our Worker Comp potions are pushing 25g and above.

I was just curious if this is on par with the rest of the servers; or - higher; or - lower.

The economy in this game is absolutely terrible and I am not sure when it is going to crash.  Either way, things seem to be getting out of hand fast.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

Comments

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

In the voice of that Pandarian Monk from Blizzard....

"S l o o o w w w w  D o o w w n n"

The faster you do things, the quicker you end up leaving the game... no rush, no end game, just rinse/repeat.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Dragim

Hey guys, I am on the Enla server and right now our Worker Comp potions are pushing 25g and above.

I was just curious if this is on par with the rest of the servers; or - higher; or - lower.

The economy in this game is absolutely terrible and I am not sure when it is going to crash.  Either way, things seem to be getting out of hand fast.

Either the supply of labour pots has dried up (the whales have enough gold now), or there's so much gold in circulation that the inflation is becoming noticeable. Or is it a combination of these two factors ?

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Either the supply of labour pots has dried up (the whales have enough gold now), or there's so much gold in circulation that the inflation is becoming noticeable. Or is it a combination of these two factors ?

Probably both.  For the latter, Gold supply has gone up now that more people have fishing boats and upgraded wagons (all those TS trees really did a lot to speed things along to that inevitable conclusion).  So that's general inflation on that end.

As for the whales' part, I don't think it's necessarily because the whales have enough gold but because the whales have other new things to spend money on besides labor potions (mainly, saplings). Even whales only have so much budget, so a whale that used to spend say, $1,000 on labor potions to sell is now spending only $500 on labor potions to sell while the other $500 is going towards saplings, etc (hypothetically. Numbers are only meant to be an example and not reflective of the actual numbers)

So gold supply is up (higher inflation) AND labor potions are lower in supply due to a large portion of the supply being divested to saplings.

Thinking about it, demand for labor potions is higher too. Wagons and fishing boats mean more labor used.  Archaeum also means more labor used for crafting faster than usual.  I saw people posting on the forums complaining their labor runs out fast as hell now. Thus higher demand for labor potions if that's true (which it probably is.  It's the logical result of more trade packs being delivered faster, etc).

Well, I figure that's how it probably would be, theretically.

• AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    kyprosa EU: 25g +  (its crazy, i cant afford them anymore)
  • Tracho12Tracho12 Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

Probably both.  For the latter, Gold supply has gone up now that more people have fishing boats and upgraded wagons (all those TS trees really did a lot to speed things along to that inevitable conclusion).  So that's general inflation on that end.

As for the whales' part, I don't think it's necessarily because the whales have enough gold but because the whales have other new things to spend money on besides labor potions (mainly, saplings). Even whales only have so much budget, so a whale that used to spend say, $1,000 on labor potions to sell is now spending only $500 on labor potions to sell while the other $500 is going towards saplings, etc (hypothetically. Numbers are only meant to be an example and not reflective of the actual numbers)

So gold supply is up (higher inflation) AND labor potions are lower in supply due to a large portion of the supply being divested to saplings.

Thinking about it, demand for labor potions is higher too. Wagons and fishing boats mean more labor used.  Archaeum also means more labor used for crafting faster than usual.  I saw people posting on the forums complaining their labor runs out fast as hell now. Thus higher demand for labor potions if that's true (which it probably is.  It's the logical result of more trade packs being delivered faster, etc).

Well, I figure that's how it probably would be, theretically.

I'd imagine you're correct.

One thing though, once a whale gets his delphinad weapon and armor set, he/she has no reason to continue to spend on the cash shop.  I'd imagine all the whales are there by now and I'd imagine all the second tier whales have probably quit the game due to not being able to compete.

Pretty much the only players still playing the game at this point are casual, non-competitive players and they have no reason to spend on the cash shop. I have to imagine that almost no one is spending right now, otherwise we wouldn't have seen the archeum tree saplings.

Those labor pots will probably climb to over 50 gold or whatever the break even point is for 1000 labor of trade packs. 

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Word is that the work comp exploit is gonna be fixed next patch.   If you think prices are bad now, then wait until there is confirmation that it is actually patched.  

I would guess prices will be 250g+ next week.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Ok, now im confuse.

Isnt AH cross servers? 1 for NA and other for EU?

Befor launch they say somewhere it was, they didnt implement that?

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Believe it is (was at least) 4 servers pr AH cluster
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Gwahlur
    Believe it is (was at least) 4 servers pr AH cluster

Ah ok, because it seems the price is normalized crossing servers.

24g in EU-Eanna to (at least yesterday night)

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

30-32g today on Enla cluster.

That is a 5g-7g increase in 1 day, as yesterday they were 25g.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

30-32g today on Enla cluster.

That is a 5g-7g increase in 1 day, as yesterday they were 25g.

Now that I think about it, as more and more people upgrade to wagons and get fishing boats and get their hands on Archaeum, it'll only get worse.  The gold inflation from increased gold from wagons and fishing takes TIME to happen, but the "ZOMG I need 5k labor to start USING all these cheap archaeum crystals or making these tradepacks for my wagon!" effect is happening NOW, and it probably won't stop as long as these saplings are still available.  Especially if others who haven't finished their wagons yet end up doing so during this time.

I wonder how lhigh it'll go before it levels out.  I also wonder how many AA players who previously said "Eh, I buy labor potions with gold.  This game isn't P2W" will end up saying "xx amount of gold for a labor potion!?!?!!  @#$@#$ this, I'm outta here."

I've already seen some people say "I used to never run out of labor, but now making all these trade packs and crafting means I have to spend an entire day regening labor just for 45 minutes of play."

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

This is what happens when Trion makes short-sighted decisions and basically puts TS trees in lockboxes.  Price of TS trees is down from 900 gold to 300 gold and everyone can afford farm carts for trade runs.  Trade runs introduce money into the economy which decreases the value of said money.  Once everyone has a fishing boat, farm wagon and merchant ship then heaven help us cause the prices will only continue to go up.  Expect worker potions to hit 50 gold in the next three months.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

They were sitting at about 30g on Salphira last night. I sold one for 28g in 60 seconds. LOL

Edit: This was my lowest price threshold for selling them since they cost the equivalent of $2.40 to buy from the marketplace. I have no plan to sell more labor pots until the price rises.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Talonsin

This is what happens when Trion makes short-sighted decisions and basically puts TS trees in lockboxes.  Price of TS trees is down from 900 gold to 300 gold and everyone can afford farm carts for trade runs.  Trade runs introduce money into the economy which decreases the value of said money.  Once everyone has a fishing boat, farm wagon and merchant ship then heaven help us cause the prices will only continue to go up.  Expect worker potions to hit 50 gold in the next three months.

To be honest the game would have been 100% better without any labour pots .....the next best thing is having labour pots hit 50+ gold tomorrow and 100 + gold before next week

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256

In Ezi 31g worker pots .

I serious give up now , i wasn't fishing before the price rise so it too late for me to change job from farming to fishing .

It hopeless for me now , i think it better for me to off for few week and come back . Hope the game still good at that time .

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Only 22ish on inoch

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I sell worker pots not buy.

sell workers to buy APEX to get patron

every patron account is 1440 labor a day

150 loyalty a month ( 300 really shhh:)

43200 labor a month

x8 accounts ( family limit)

11520 labor a day

345600 labor a month

or 2880 packs at 7g each = 20k gold

or charcoal 15 each at 1.10g = 47k gold