Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What patch 1.5 broke and why resubbing is a bad idea now.

13»

Comments

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by Siug
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    Originally posted by Siug
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    Don't worry about me, OP. Any company who charges me money for EU servers located in America will never get a god damned dime from me again.

Oh stop trolling please. EU servers are in Europe for months already.

Well that makes it all okay then doesn't it? The servers actually being in the continent they serve now just completely makes up for the fucking fact that these fuckers released a game with EU servers in Texas.

Yes it does make it ok and stop trolling with your canned posts if your are not familiar with ESO. Also, don't even try to come out with botting and gold spamming complaint because these are gone too.

I'm familiar as fuck with the game. I'm just not giving any more money to complete assholes.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Thestrain
    Originally posted by ohioastro

I think that they are completely revising the post-50 game, and that patches like this are simply the cost of doing so.

The champion system as described means that you no longer need to level characters above 50; all 50+ characters will share a common "veteran point" pool.  You do get extra skill points, etc. for running alts higher, but in practice you have plenty of skill points at level 50 for most builds.  So, for the long term, you'll have the ability to customize sufficiently high level characters, and the opportunity cost for trying out alternate builds is the initial 1-50 leveling experience, not the much longer veteran rank process.  I think that this is really positive, interesting, and I like the possibillties.

This is a huge change, and it's not surprising that there are transition issues.

Given that you know where the game is going, it therefore makes sense to

Build a single main up to the cap if you want to experience the current options there;

Build alts to level 50 in preparation for the switch.

So it isn't about defending bugs, etc.: it's about having a road map and knowing why they are doing what they're doing.

Well i commend you on your high confidence in Zenimax, but i will wait and see this time. I bought into hype for 1.5 patch something that won't happen again. It was just paltry sum of 15 bucks wasted no big deal. But what if players have no desire to roll alts and just want to enjoy post lvl 50 stuff for now? this is not F2P game though, it is a sub based game and it gets hard to justify paying for such a broken mess.

I am sure champion system is going to be great and all but it is the implementation i am worried about not the champion system itself. From what i have learned since release of ESO it would be miracle if they don't break game further for weeks or months.

Your major concern has now been addressed. Vet Ranks are being lowered by about 30% 

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that your experience is still being tracked. We understand that the lack of visible progress can be a bit frustrating, but your progress will update correctly in the next patch. Here's a bit more info from Gina to clarify the subject.

<blockquote userquote"="">

Hi everyone,

We have identified the issue where you are unable to level up to a higher Veteran Rank even though you are continuing to gain XP. We are working on a fix for this as quickly as possible, but please be aware that you are not losing any XP by playing in the interim. Once we roll out the fix, all you’ll need to do is earn one point of XP (by killing a monster or discovering a town) and you’ll rank up to the correct Veteran Rank and receive skill points owed to you.

Also, we have heard your concerns about the overall amount of time it takes to earn Veteran Ranks, and are planning to reduce the amount of XP required to earn a Veteran Rank to 1,000,000 XP from 1,432,550 XP, decreasing the amount of time it takes to gain a Veteran Rank by a third. We’re aiming to have this available to you in our next patch.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224

1.) Group Finder is completely broken.

2.) Vet leveling is now 8 times slower

3.) Enchanting and Alchemy dailies are not working.

4.) Dungeon scaling is inconsistent.

So for those looking to resub to progress on their lvl 50 characters, as of now don't bother.

But if you are happy leveling alts to hit 50 and re roll again you will be fine if you don't mind skipping all dungeons while leveling.

Serious are you one of those people that just go to other forum whine without check the official forum for patch info???

Yesterday and Monday ESO got patch that have fix most of 1.5 patch problem so before you run around spread false info about ESO check thing out 1st.

Patch Notes v1.5.3

In preparation for the Champion System, we have increased the XP granted to you for killing lower rank monsters:

• You will receive full credit for monsters 1-3 ranks below you.
    • You will receive 75% of XP for monsters 4 ranks below you.
    • You will receive 30% of XP for monsters 5 or more ranks below you.
    • Note: This does not affect levels 1-50.

Writs
    • Fixed an issue that was causing Nirnhoned trait stones to drop more frequently from Ore Survey Reports in Craglorn, and too rarely for Cloth Survey Reports in Craglorn than intended.
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent items from being tracked correctly during some crafting writ quests.
    • Fixed an issue where high-end Clothier Writ rewards were not giving the correct tier of Repair Kit. Clothier's Satchel VII - IX will now give Grand Repair Kits.
    • Increased the gold rewards you receive for Crafting Writs.
    • Crafting writs will no longer ask you to deliver to other dimensions unless you have reasonable means to reach them (such as Coldharbour).
    • There will now be only one Hazzeine within Belkarth.

Group finder is thing the still working on and will be add in patch in near future and Dungeon scaling is work and if the problem as you say make report so the can fix but for me and my guild friend we have not found any problem with Dungeon scaling system.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I bought the game because I thought with Matt Firror (he's the game director) would have world class faction conflict.The problem is AvA  has technical problems(massive lag....extensive ques into some campaigns and simply not moving forward.The latest patch and ones before have nor  fixed fundamental functional issues.

That is ONE of the reasons I haven't returned.

and I wish it wasn't so

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by Wolfshead

1.) Group Finder is completely broken.

2.) Vet leveling is now 8 times slower

3.) Enchanting and Alchemy dailies are not working.

4.) Dungeon scaling is inconsistent.

So for those looking to resub to progress on their lvl 50 characters, as of now don't bother.

But if you are happy leveling alts to hit 50 and re roll again you will be fine if you don't mind skipping all dungeons while leveling.

Serious are you one of those people that just go to other forum whine without check the official forum for patch info???

Yesterday and Monday ESO got patch that have fix most of 1.5 patch problem so before you run around spread false info about ESO check thing out 1st.

Do you even read bro? this topic was posted on 7th. Most of the stuff that was broken by 1.5 patch was not fixed by the hot fix. EU got its patch today on 12th and US will get it tomorrow. So you are almost a week late to the party.

You are flipping out as if OP posted this topic today.