Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What patch 1.5 broke and why resubbing is a bad idea now.

Comments

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

eso is the worst thing that has happened to the elders scrolls.

disgusting greedy scum.

• ThestrainThestrain Member CommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by NobleNerd
    Originally posted by Thestrain
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt
    Resubbing is a bad idea now? If you didn't jump ship the first 30 days I have no sympathy for you. An MMO that discourages grouping yet is worse then Skyrim in every way should have given you all that you need to leave and never look back.

heh i don't need your sympathy. I am just simply giving my feedback because this patch was supposed to make my VR2 Nightblade more fun. Infact it did the opposite.

There were topics discussing ESO's rebound and how everyone should give it a second chance..well i did.

They have made some nice changes to several skills, especially weapon skills. That's what would have made your Nightblade more "fun". XP issues, grouping issues, etc have nothing to do with how your class plays. Nothing in your OP has anything to do with your Nightblade or makes being a Nightblade any worse.

Also, a lot of the posts regarding giving ESO another shot don't refer to just this, or any, particular patch but rather the overall changes going on recently in the game which are not complete yet. They still havent implemented the Champion system, the Justice system, or several other upcoming features that people are looking forward to. You make it sound as if people claimed this patch was some sort of Jesus patch that fixed everything wrong with the game.

Did i give an impression it had to be a Jesus patch?  don't use strawman arguments please. Considering i quit last time due to grind at veteran ranks and resubbed just to advance further and now seeing the changes i am still where i was so yeah that makes my Nightblade not fun at all. Veteran grind was the biggest issue for the game and seems it still is.

I didn't resub to roll more alts but t advance in veteran ranks.

It amazes me how fun is determined by many based on how fast you can level. Many of the new changes are fun to me and I am glad there is a game that allows for a slower rate of exp. to level. Most MMOs you level to max level in 2 weeks and for me that is boring. BUT to each their own..... continue your arguments.

Hahah... shows that people would argue about anything to defend their favorite game. Even if it means arguing in favor of bugs and broken patches.

It isn't about me wanting to level faster but the patch breaking XP slowing down my progression to the point where i am thinking about quitting for the second time. 

Before 1.5 veteran rank was a grind (i wasn't the only one who quit because of that). And if you thought that was bad (ofcourse you didn't..you love the grind) after 1.5 patch VP got broken around the table which includes questing, dolmens world bosses etc. Now completing one whole map wouldn't even net me one rank. I bet you must  be feeling like a kid in a candy store right now with increased grind.

For example competing a dolmen would net you 30K which after 1.5 would net you 4K VP.... i know you love it but i certainly DO NOT.

There is slow and then there is tedious. 

(your whole post becomes even more comical when one realises that 1.5 was supposed to make Veteran leveling less tedious considering it was one of the biggest criticism when infact it did quite the opposite).

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It seems like every patch has a bug that ticks off certain pockets of people. OP's concerns are valid. Some others share his opinion. 

Personally, I honestly have no idea what they are talking about. It doesn't effect me at all. I apologize OP if I missed the point when I responded to you earlier. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully

It seems like every patch has a bug that ticks off certain pockets of people. OP's concerns are valid. Some others share his opinion. 

Personally, I honestly have no idea what they are talking about. It doesn't effect me at all. I apologize OP if I missed the point when I responded to you earlier. 

It is allright. You wouldn't understand my problem if you are already at R14 or love the very slow and extremely tedious pace in leveling vet ranks.

And todays patch didn't do much it seems.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/139412/did-the-patch-not-take

I chose probably the worst time to resub.

• hurrdurr13hurrdurr13 Member UncommonPosts: 1

Come on, /leanbackcoin got fixed, so now they can work on the less important stuff

Originally posted by hurrdurr13

Come on, /leanbackcoin got fixed, so now they can work on the less important stuff

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Don't worry about me, OP. Any company who charges me money for EU servers located in America will never get a god damned dime from me again.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    Don't worry about me, OP. Any company who charges me money for EU servers located in America will never get a god damned dime from me again.

Oh stop trolling please. EU servers are in Europe for months already.

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Vet leveling being even slower than before is a big deal. Zenimaxx don't seem to be aware of the severity at all.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by Siug

Well that makes it all okay then doesn't it? The servers actually being in the continent they serve now just completely makes up for the fucking fact that these fuckers released a game with EU servers in Texas.

• BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201

Well that makes it all okay then doesn't it? The servers actually being in the continent they serve now just completely makes up for the fucking fact that these fuckers released a game with EU servers in Texas.

Well I belive that in Texas ppl just dont now where Europe is. It took some time for them to find it. image

----

----

• JackCracker411JackCracker411 Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by Bigboo

Well I belive that in Texas ppl just dont now where Europe is. It took some time for them to find it. image

Pro tip: Learn how to spell and don't quit your day job (if you have one) to become a comedian.

I'm not going to come here to defend the buggy patches.  As annoying as the buggy patches are... It is what it is.  For me personally, there is a lot to do in this game.  I love PVP and they broke weapon swapping in stealth mode.  Did I come here to QQ about it... nope.  Still had fun in PVP despite the bug.  I mean.. wtf do you want? Perfection?  Do you want them to tailor this game to exactly the way you want it?  Should they invite you to their studio for lunch and take notes as your carry on about how slow leveling is and how you love alchemy but the shit be broke right now?  Give me a break.  There's a lot to do in this game.  Go try out some new armor sets.  Try out some different builds with your NB.  Don't need to roll an alt to do that.  Level some other crafting.  F@%# the group finder.  Go make some damn friend FFS.  It's an MMO man.  It's not hard to find people to do shit with.  Takes me one shout in zone.  Go sky shard hunting.  Try to get some new achievements and unlock new dyes.  Damn.. that reminds me... I want to go try some new dyes on my armor.  I still need to try dailies.. I hear they are actually fun.  You need to be a little social to do that.. so.. not sure if that is up your alley or not. 

Shit.. why am I here replying to this?  I need to go log in to get some research going and try to get some dwemer motiffs. 

One last thing... you can QQ about the grind all you want.  I hate to break it to you bub.. but that's what MMOs are.  Every. Single. MMO. Is a grind.  If you don't like grinds.. then don't play MMOs.  For the love of God... please stop crying about slow leveling and grinding in an MMO.  

See the rest of you humps in game... ; )

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by JackCracker411

I'm not going to come here to defend the buggy patches.  As annoying as the buggy patches are... It is what it is.  For me personally, there is a lot to do in this game.  I love PVP and they broke weapon swapping in stealth mode.  Did I come here to QQ about it... nope.  Still had fun in PVP despite the bug.  I mean.. wtf do you want? Perfection?  Do you want them to tailor this game to exactly the way you want it?  Should they invite you to their studio for lunch and take notes as your carry on about how slow leveling is and how you love alchemy but the shit be broke right now?  Give me a break.  There's a lot to do in this game.  Go try out some new armor sets.  Try out some different builds with your NB.  Don't need to roll an alt to do that.  Level some other crafting.  F@%# the group finder.  Go make some damn friend FFS.  It's an MMO man.  It's not hard to find people to do shit with.  Takes me one shout in zone.  Go sky shard hunting.  Try to get some new achievements and unlock new dyes.  Damn.. that reminds me... I want to go try some new dyes on my armor.  I still need to try dailies.. I hear they are actually fun.  You need to be a little social to do that.. so.. not sure if that is up your alley or not. 

Shit.. why am I here replying to this?  I need to go log in to get some research going and try to get some dwemer motiffs. 

One last thing... you can QQ about the grind all you want.  I hate to break it to you bub.. but that's what MMOs are.  Every. Single. MMO. Is a grind.  If you don't like grinds.. then don't play MMOs.  For the love of God... please stop crying about slow leveling and grinding in an MMO.  

Lol yeah you clearly didn't defend the buggy patch at all. 

And yes 'bub' we know all MMOS are grind but then there is intentional grind and then grind caused by broken patches. ESO has been nothing but in trouble since release and after all these months paying customer like OP and rest of us can atleast expect some level of competency from Zenimax. No patches don't have to be perfect but they shouldn't be such a  mess too. The current patch was a disaster and couldn't even get through implementation stage.

And how do you know OP didn't try all that already on his NB? for all we know he has maxed out his or her crafting skills and is just looking forward to leveling vet rank. Hell i am stuck at V7 and have no desire to move forward. I stopped playing since 1.5 patch because i am sitting at max crafting skills. Only thing left for me is to do is level my vet rank. I have zero interest in PVP. 

Trying new dyes  and try different armors? are you even serious here? i can't tell because i don't even know what to believe anymore. I mean you also said you won't defend the buggy patch and then you go on this long rant on how to play the game, very cleverly insult him for being anti social and how we all seek perfection from Zenimax.

Very sly bub..very sly.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    There is a difference between the OP (who had some legit gripes) and people spouting canned complaints about a game that they are obviously not familiar with.
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    There is a difference between the OP (who had some legit gripes) and people spouting canned complaints about a game that they are obviously not familiar with.

And yet nothing stops fans from insulting OP. I guess legit gripes doesn't matter much. Other than an odd guy complaining about servers location most of the replies have been on the spot regarding the veteran grind and yet fans have been trying their best to undermine OP with passive aggressive attitude.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    good thing I already beat the game

Yes it does make it ok and stop trolling with your canned posts if your are not familiar with ESO. Also, don't even try to come out with botting and gold spamming complaint because these are gone too.

Originally posted by Amegashie
    Vet leveling being even slower than before is a big deal. Zenimaxx don't seem to be aware of the severity at all.

If this is true then I'm f***ed because I left ESO 1st time when I hit concrete wall called veteran content. Now I'll be level 50 today or tomorrow with my new character but if the VR grind is even worse then I'll be probably gone again.

Honestly, I think that VR is a truly shitty concept and the sooner Zenimax deletes it the better chances ESO has.

Originally posted by Zalmon

And yes 'bub' we know all MMOS are grind but then there is intentional grind and then grind caused by broken patches. ESO has been nothing but in trouble since release and after all these months paying customer like OP and rest of us can atleast expect some level of competency from Zenimax. No patches don't have to be perfect but they shouldn't be such a  mess too. The current patch was a disaster and couldn't even get through implementation stage.

And how do you know OP didn't try all that already on his NB? for all we know he has maxed out his or her crafting skills and is just looking forward to leveling vet rank. Hell i am stuck at V7 and have no desire to move forward. I stopped playing since 1.5 patch because i am sitting at max crafting skills. Only thing left for me is to do is level my vet rank. I have zero interest in PVP. 

Trying new dyes  and try different armors? are you even serious here? i can't tell because i don't even know what to believe anymore. I mean you also said you won't defend the buggy patch and then you go on this long rant on how to play the game, very cleverly insult him for being anti social and how we all seek perfection from Zenimax.

Very sly bub..very sly.

Really not trying to defend the bugs.  They are frustrating for everyone.  But as a developer myself.. I know that bugs just come with the territory.  So.. I guess they don't bug me as much as everyone else.  As I stated in my post.. I enjoy PVP.  There are bugs in PVP.. it sucks.. but I still enjoy PVP.  Nothing here seems truly game breaking.  Annoying.. sure... but not game breaking.  

Furthermore, I don't understand why you would continue to pay a sub for something only to come here and gripe about it.  Seriously... why would you friggen pay a sub for something that annoys you to the point of not wanting to play it?  And then come to the forum and complain about it?  Give me one good reason why you can come here and say that "ESO has been nothing but in trouble since release.." and continue to pay/play it until patch 1.5.  I mean.. this of all patches is the one that broke the camels back with you?  Really? OK! 

Literally every MMO I have played has broken something with a new release.  Every. single. time.  But we continue to see people like yourself (and OP), who are either really tenacious or incredibly bored with life, to pay a sub every month only to complain about the broke patches in the game.  Please just.. unsub.. and walk away.  Don't click on anymore articles and share your mundane observations about the game with people that genuinely enjoy it despite it's flaws.  

Very sly bub..very sly.

Really not trying to defend the bugs.  They are frustrating for everyone.  But as a developer myself.. I know that bugs just come with the territory.  So.. I guess they don't bug me as much as everyone else.  As I stated in my post.. I enjoy PVP.  There are bugs in PVP.. it sucks.. but I still enjoy PVP.  Nothing here seems truly game breaking.  Annoying.. sure... but not game breaking.  

Furthermore, I don't understand why you would continue to pay a sub for something only to come here and gripe about it.  Seriously... why would you friggen pay a sub for something that annoys you to the point of not wanting to play it?  And then come to the forum and complain about it?  Give me one good reason why you can come here and say that "ESO has been nothing but in trouble since release.." and continue to pay/play it until patch 1.5.  I mean.. this of all patches is the one that broke the camels back with you?  Really? OK! 

Literally every MMO I have played has broken something with a new release.  Every. single. time.  But we continue to see people like yourself (and OP), who are either really tenacious or incredibly bored with life, to pay a sub every month only to complain about the broke patches in the game.  Please just.. unsub.. and walk away.  Don't click on anymore articles and share your mundane observations about the game with people that genuinely enjoy it despite it's flaws.  

Good for you but all players are not developers. An average player just wants the game to work. Everyone has their own thresh hold when it comes to patience. 

An as far as your query regarding 'why anyone would continue to pay sub'..i think you missed the part where OP said he resubbed after reading all the good thing with patch 1.5 especially changes to VP. Guess what? he wasn't the only one to resub. I resubbed couple of weeks before 1.5 in excitement too.

I don't have to continue to resub to know the problem ESO has been having since release. I really thought cycle would break with this new patch but it didn't.

And i see you still continue with your backhanded insults. I hardly post on these forums..maybe few posts in 2 to 3 months because i don't have much time. I post when something interests me so i suggest you don't  worry about my life.

Also i don't know what kind of developer you are but you need to work on your attitude if you are in gaming industry. If you bring this attitude into your own product no one would touch it even with 10 feet pole. 

Next time don't start your post with 'i am not gonna defend this//' and then go on to defend the game and insult everyone who is having issues with it. Just be blunt and say you are here to defend the game and Zenimax. 

And if still you can not handle the criticism let me remind you, this isn't  a fan site and people are allowed to post their gripes. So next time don't click on any topic and just walk away, that would save us all the back and forth bickering and flaming.

OP didn't insult  or got personal with anyone but you surely made it personal.

Very sly bub..very sly.

Good for you but all players are not developers. An average player just wants the game to work. Everyone has their own thresh hold when it comes to patience. 

An as far as your query regarding 'why anyone would continue to pay sub'..i think you missed the part where OP said he resubbed after reading all the good thing with patch 1.5 especially changes to VP. Guess what? he wasn't the only one to resub. I resubbed couple of weeks before 1.5 in excitement too.

I don't have to continue to resub to know the problem ESO has been having since release. I really thought cycle would break with this new patch but it didn't.

And i see you still continue with your backhanded insults. I hardly post on these forums..maybe few posts in 2 to 3 months because i don't have much time. I post when something interests me so i suggest you don't  worry about my life.

Also i don't know what kind of developer you are but you need to work on your attitude if you are in gaming industry. If you bring this attitude into your own product no one would touch it even with 10 feet pole. 

Next time don't start your post with 'i am not gonna defend this//' and then go on to defend the game and insult everyone who is having issues with it. Just be blunt and say you are here to defend the game and Zenimax. 

And if yet you can not handle the criticism let me remind you this isn't  a fan site and people are allowed to post their gripes. So next time don't click on any topic and just walk away, that would save us all the back and forth bickering and flaming.

OP didn't insult anyone or got personal with anyone but you surely made it personal.

Not defending the bugs friend.  Defending the game.  As a developer (not a game developer thank God.. couldn't deal with all the crying from the players) I know that a lot of effort and work goes into the game.  I try to look at the bright side of the game.  I believe the game is greater than the bugs that pop up.  For as many bugs as you can find in the game.. you can find a lot of things done well and genuinely fun.  You and the OP seem to focus on the negative for some reason.  You take to the forum to show how bitter you are.  All because the game didn't turn out the way YOU wanted it to.  Is this your first Elder Scrolls game?  Literally... every single ES game has been a buggy mess.  Seriously.  To the point that it's pretty comical.  In fact, I really find that the bugs give the ES games some character.  Not game breaking ones obviously but these games will NEVER be without problems.  But if you look at the game as a whole.. there's a lot to do... at least I think so.  Despite the bugs.  IDK.. you ever hear of the compliment sandwich?  You and the OP should try it.  Start with something good to say about the game... then something you would like fixed... then finish with something else good about the game.  If you have nothing but negative things to say.. then you just look like a troll.  Maybe you are... idk.  

Not defending the bugs friend.  Defending the game.  As a developer (not a game developer thank God.. couldn't deal with all the crying from the players) I know that a lot of effort and work goes into the game.  I try to look at the bright side of the game.  I believe the game is greater than the bugs that pop up.  For as many bugs as you can find in the game.. you can find a lot of things done well and genuinely fun.  You and the OP seem to focus on the negative for some reason.  You take to the forum to show how bitter you are.  All because the game didn't turn out the way YOU wanted it to.  Is this your first Elder Scrolls game?  Literally... every single ES game has been a buggy mess.  Seriously.  To the point that it's pretty comical.  In fact, I really find that the bugs give the ES games some character.  Not game breaking ones obviously but these games will NEVER be without problems.  But if you look at the game as a whole.. there's a lot to do... at least I think so.  Despite the bugs.  IDK.. you ever hear of the compliment sandwich?  You and the OP should try it.  Start with something good to say about the game... then something you would like fixed... then finish with something else good about the game.  If you have nothing but negative things to say.. then you just look like a troll.  Maybe you are... idk.  

And why do you feel the need to do it? did OP say game is trash? he is simply talking about new patch and his disappointment with  not being able to progress. Game has a lot whole to do before you hit lvl 50. At that point veteran progression and your progress towards end game is the only thing left to do. You continue to post about 'whole lot more to do' but it isn't true for those who are waiting to finish veteran ranks.

And please spare me more of your BS. Every post of your is ladened with personal insults. Now you trying to label me as a troll is not really helping either. So much for someone who didn't even want to defend the game or post here because he is too busy having fun in game....and yet here you are trying to get personal with every single reply. 

Not once in this topic i said ESO is a bad game. The talk has been about current VP issue and how this cycle of one broken patch after another doesn't seem to end.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

I think that they are completely revising the post-50 game, and that patches like this are simply the cost of doing so.

The champion system as described means that you no longer need to level characters above 50; all 50+ characters will share a common "veteran point" pool.  You do get extra skill points, etc. for running alts higher, but in practice you have plenty of skill points at level 50 for most builds.  So, for the long term, you'll have the ability to customize sufficiently high level characters, and the opportunity cost for trying out alternate builds is the initial 1-50 leveling experience, not the much longer veteran rank process.  I think that this is really positive, interesting, and I like the possibillties.

This is a huge change, and it's not surprising that there are transition issues.

Given that you know where the game is going, it therefore makes sense to

Build a single main up to the cap if you want to experience the current options there;

Build alts to level 50 in preparation for the switch.

So it isn't about defending bugs, etc.: it's about having a road map and knowing why they are doing what they're doing.

Originally posted by ohioastro

I think that they are completely revising the post-50 game, and that patches like this are simply the cost of doing so.

The champion system as described means that you no longer need to level characters above 50; all 50+ characters will share a common "veteran point" pool.  You do get extra skill points, etc. for running alts higher, but in practice you have plenty of skill points at level 50 for most builds.  So, for the long term, you'll have the ability to customize sufficiently high level characters, and the opportunity cost for trying out alternate builds is the initial 1-50 leveling experience, not the much longer veteran rank process.  I think that this is really positive, interesting, and I like the possibillties.

This is a huge change, and it's not surprising that there are transition issues.

Given that you know where the game is going, it therefore makes sense to

Build a single main up to the cap if you want to experience the current options there;

Build alts to level 50 in preparation for the switch.

So it isn't about defending bugs, etc.: it's about having a road map and knowing why they are doing what they're doing.

Well i commend you on your high confidence in Zenimax, but i will wait and see this time. I bought into hype for 1.5 patch something that won't happen again. It was just paltry sum of 15 bucks wasted no big deal. But what if players have no desire to roll alts and just want to enjoy post lvl 50 stuff for now? this is not F2P game though, it is a sub based game and it gets hard to justify paying for such a broken mess.

I am sure champion system is going to be great and all but it is the implementation i am worried about not the champion system itself. From what i have learned since release of ESO it would be miracle if they don't break game further for weeks or months.