Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Crowdfunding Milestones Discussion

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265

:) 486$Millions :) B)

Hatefull
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    In my opinion, they're past it.  If I've read correctly the new boss thinks so also and is putting the screws to make actual progress to get release.  My concern is that their sucking up money with no end insight, that they hurt others seeking crowdfunding who actually plan on release.  One bad multi multi million dollar apple spoils the bunch.
    Babuinix
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Qbertq said:
    In my opinion, they're past it.  If I've read correctly the new boss thinks so also and is putting the screws to make actual progress to get release.  My concern is that their sucking up money with no end insight, that they hurt others seeking crowdfunding who actually plan on release.  One bad multi multi million dollar apple spoils the bunch.
    Chris Robers was, is, and will continue to be the "Boss" at CIG. The vast majority of the money that is going into this game did not come from the crowdfunding campaign, it's from backers buying ships, packages, subscriptions, etc. Multi-million...umm multi-hundreds of millions.

No idea where you get your information but it is all wildly inaccurate as it pertains to Star Citizen. You are close on CIG wanting to get SQ42 done (a different game entirely) so they can use a lot of the features and resources in Star Citizen.
    Babuinix

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

edited July 2022

:) 487$Millions :)

B)
    Hatefull
    edited August 2022

:) 488$Millions :) 

B)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2022
    Babuinix said:
    Wargfoot said:
    I had those effects on my ships and I never owned an Anaconda.
    As for things in Star Citizen, serious question, can I take off my shirt and throw it on the ground where it appears as something others can pick up?
    Nah you're probably thinking about the basic scorch marks/laser burns.

As far as I know, the only ship with physical damage modelling is the Anaconda (as in the 3D structure of the ship changes), this damage is persistent until repaired.

As for taking shirt off and throw it on the ground for others to pick up, yes that's a thing. Since all items are physicalized if you drop something on the ground it will appear as a pickable object for anyone. Same goes for armour/guns/items players and npc wear/use.

Err, what if we forget to flush the toilet, will the "deposits" still be visible for the next person to use the loo?  :#

What's the key press to "wipe" our bums? Or maybe it uses a bidet? 

;)

Happy Friday Babs.
    Hatefull

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:
    Wargfoot said:
    As for things in Star Citizen, serious question, can I take off my shirt and throw it on the ground where it appears as something others can pick up?

As far as I know, the only ship with physical damage modelling is the Anaconda (as in the 3D structure of the ship changes), this damage is persistent until repaired.

As for taking shirt off and throw it on the ground for others to pick up, yes that's a thing. Since all items are physicalized if you drop something on the ground it will appear as a pickable object for anyone. Same goes for armour/guns/items players and npc wear/use.
    Err, what if we forget to flush the toilet, will the "deposits" still be visible for the next person to use the loo?  :#

;)

Happy Friday Babs.
    All toilets flush automatically as per Lore.

Ships with toilets also get 5% enhancement boost speed. The more toilets used in the ship at the same time the more boost it gets. ;)

Hatefull
    edited August 2022

:) 489$Millions :):) 490$Millions :):) 491$Millions :):) 492$Millions :)B)

Babuinix said:
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:
    Wargfoot said:

;)

Happy Friday Babs.

Ships with toilets also get 5% enhancement boost speed. The more toilets used in the ship at the same time the more boost it gets. ;)

Aww, now you are just messing with me on that last part.... right? Right?

;)

Babuinix

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    edited August 2022
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:
    Wargfoot said:

;)

Happy Friday Babs.

Aww, now you are just messing with me on that last part.... right? Right?

;)

Only if you regularly filter and test the water for pH balance, which requires you to earn your Galactic EPA certification, which you'll of course have to pay for and renew annually.  There's also the standard 90 day waiting period after you submit your application, assuming you and your ship meets the qualifications and documentation requirements.  If not, you'll have to submit additional paperwork and the 90 day waiting period starts again once the additionally requested paperwork is received.  Please note it can take up to two (2) business days for the Galatic EPA to process receipt of additional documentation before this waiting period begins.

Once you've gone through all that, it's simply a matter of keeping your license current, which can easily be done by resubmitting all originally required documentation, including up to 3 years of historical records of licensing and qualifications (if applicable).  Best damn sim ever!
    BabuinixHatefull

:) 493$Millions :) B)

:) 494$Millions :) B)

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Man that is crazy

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Hatefull said:
    Man that is crazy
    On multiple levels.
    BabuinixTheDalaiBomba

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    and what to show for all that?
    Babuinix
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited August 2022
    Next month they will reach $500 million dollars. A real flight into space will cost $35000 to the International Space Station according to NASA when it's decided the public can go. The most expensive SC package the Legatus costs $40000. I recon at those prices I will be going to the ISS before Star Citizen launches. :)
    Babuinix
    edited September 2022
    and what to show for all that?

:) 495$Millions :)B)

Post edited by Babuinix on

:) 496$Millions :) B)

• TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    Scot said:
    Next month they will reach $500 million dollars. A real flight into space will cost $35000 to the International Space Station according to NASA when it's decided the public can go. The most expensive SC package the Legatus costs $40000. I recon at those prices I will be going to the ISS before Star Citizen launches. :)
    Would be a far better way to spend your money anyways.
    BabuinixScot
    edited September 2022

:) 497$Millions :):) 498$Millions :) B)

:) 499$Millions :) B)

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It's amazing they've hit $500 million even though they delivered everything promised in 2015

TheDalaiBombaBLNXScotBabuinixHatefull
    edited September 2022
    Said on Reddit they crossed the $500M barrier today...only 10 months since crossing $400M...in 10 years...

The momentum only keeps building...what do you think, cross the $1B mark in the next 5 yrs?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

• UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    Maybe the Merchantman will finally be made by then.
    Hatefull

:) 500$Millions :) B)