Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHAT!! the golden saucer, choco racing, beer... sports its in the game.

NadriellNadriell Member UncommonPosts: 197

Yea, i found these its coming in 2.5,  i dunno if its 2.5 a or  b  but i know its 2.5.   We also know that it will have a card game like triple triad, as well as player controlled chocobo races....   GOLDEN SAUCER......  the biggest waste of time and money in all of Eorzea

imageimage

Comments

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    They have been in other FF games as well.  I think many people expected these and there were discussed way back when.  
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

For those that never played FF games or even FFXI,Square has created a ton of content in their games.That is not the problem,the problem is gamer's ,all they want to do is grind or have some way to get the very best gear.That also means that the ride along the way is sort of meaningless,they want the best gear at the max level.This whole Wowesque type gaming started by none other than your faithfully lame dev aka Blizzard is an incredibly bad way to design a game and cater to because it ruins everything else a developer tries to do.

I sort fo liked FFXIV,more than pretty much every other game other than say FFXi but i quit after 2 months.The reason was simple,it was a Wowesque type game design.That means 99% of the time you solo only to group up to gear grind which at the time was the Avatars.Then to lame it down one step further you advance to the exact same Avatar's but with a tad  bit tougher AI.That is definitely not the type of game i want to play ,same reason i never enjoyed Wow.

Square should have never gone down the road of Blizzard which is to make single player gaming with an online tag,it is still single player gaming with co-op instances,not the reason i want to play a MMO.Point being Square can once again add tons of content but the players will still focus on the gear grind.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Player of the first ff14 version here (as my avatar suggests) - I never subscribed the old ff nor the ARR version.

Golden Saucer and Triple Triad seem like fun ways to waste time however, so I will give it a try if they offer me a trial for this.

What you call a waste of time and money looks like an alternative to the usual updates to me.

Like.. more FF and less general MMO. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Harbinger of Fools
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Dakeru

What you call a waste of time and money looks like an alternative to the usual updates to me.

You say you haven't really played ARR.  From someone who has played nearly every FF title, the story in FF14 is just as good as any solo game IMHO.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by nbtscan
    Originally posted by Dakeru

You say you haven't really played ARR.  From someone who has played nearly every FF title, the story in FF14 is just as good as any solo game IMHO.

If you're stuck with the "what" you may overlook the "how".

That's where FF stops being a generic MMO and starts being a crazy Japanese FF MMO.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".