Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Permission to open a forum topic to recruit MMORPG players to participate in my research study. (For

Dear MMORPG moderator,

My name is, Darrel Cajulis, a Master of Science in Professional Nursing student from the University of Chester, and I would like to politely ask permission from your organisation to open a topic in your forums to recruit people to participate in a research study that I am conducting. I have been an active player of MMORPGs for the past 15 years and I have decided to incorporate my passion for MMORPGs to my academic endeavors. I personally believe that the MMORPG gaming community will benefit from the findings of my research. Below is a brief description of my research and some details that you may be interested in. Hopefully, you may find this informative and grant me permission to open up a topic in your forums which will recruiting people to participate in my research study.

What is the research about?

The objective of the research is to grant health care practitioners further insight into how prolonged video gaming, particularly playing massive multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), may have a relationship with players’ sleep duration. Such evidence may guide clinicians in developing standards of care in assessment and treatment of patients who are highly engaged in video games especially those experiencing health related problems.

What happens if a MMORPG forum member decides to participate?

If a member decides to take part, he/she will be asked to complete a short online questionnaire about their average gaming hours and their normal daily sleep duration. The questionnaire will take approximately 2 minutes to finish.

Will it cost anything / Will participants get rewards?

There is no cost to participate in the study and participants will not receive any form of payment for participating. 

Will participants be able to withdraw anytime?

If someone decides to take part, he/she is still free to withdraw at any time and without giving a reason. 

Please be informed that I am going through all the necessary measures to ensure that my research study adhere to ethical principles. This means that potential participants will not be exposed any form of harm and their identity will be kept safe throughout the whole research process. More information regarding the research will be provided on the actual page that I will be opening (If granted permission). 

If you have any further inquiry regarding my research study, please feel free to email me at [email protected].

I am hoping that you will consider my request and grant me permission to use your forums as part of my research study. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Darrel Cajulis

Master of Science in Professional Nursing student

University of Chester

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Go for it! I'm locking this thread so you can create the proper topic.
This discussion has been closed.