Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy 15 New Open World Footage

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJIjpl-vqlA

Maybe its just me but the video doesnt load when I try to raise the resolution to 720p and theres no sound half way through.

Comments

  • KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468

    Just looking at that video for what it was: a showcase of the graphics and the landscaping.  That was spectacular!

    Would really like to see more on the combat as well.

    I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

    Looks pretty interesting, though I had the same issues with the video as the OP had.

    It's a massive change for the Final Fantasy franchise though, I wonder if their hardcore fans will be happy with this.

    Still no play for me due to console-only.

    Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 17,992
    I would love to see some of the cities and populated areas. The footage gave me a real FF7 vibe. Maybe Squeenix is going back to their roots with this title.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ


  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,280

    I just don't like character movement in Japanese games, it is odd and doesn't feel like you're in direction control. Even looking at that it looks the same, only they've taken out the long annoying strides, Japanese games need to tighten up the input and the character movement.

     

    Also I hate the art style of the characters, I don't understand why they make characters that don't look Japanese or anything on this planet. Got crazy pointy dumb hair and they do this weird mix of western and Asian... I don't get why they cannot look at themselves in a mirror and see how their race looks like. I remember Japanese people complaining about the Woman in Mirror's Edge looking too Asian... YES YOUR EYES LOOK LIKE THAT!

     I know this is a fantasy game, but they try to live in a fantasy world and it annoys me.

  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by tixylix
    I just don't like character movement in Japanese games, it is odd and doesn't feel like you're in direction control. Even looking at that it looks the same, only they've taken out the long annoying strides, Japanese games need to tighten up the input and the character movement.   Also I hate the art style of the characters, I don't understand why they make characters that don't look Japanese or anything on this planet. Got crazy pointy dumb hair and they do this weird mix of western and Asian... I don't get why they cannot look at themselves in a mirror and see how their race looks like. I remember Japanese people complaining about the Woman in Mirror's Edge looking too Asian... YES YOUR EYES LOOK LIKE THAT!  I know this is a fantasy game, but they try to live in a fantasy world and it annoys me.

    image

    Its called J-Pop

  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl
    Looks pretty interesting, though I had the same issues with the video as the OP had. It's a massive change for the Final Fantasy franchise though, I wonder if their hardcore fans will be happy with this. Still no play for me due to console-only.

    I dont really see it as a change since every final fantasy except FF 10 and 13 had a open world.  Its just back in the day, it was called a over world (top down view) when you were outside of a town or dungeon

  • SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    So FFXV is GTA and FF have a baby.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 17,992
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl
    Looks pretty interesting, though I had the same issues with the video as the OP had. It's a massive change for the Final Fantasy franchise though, I wonder if their hardcore fans will be happy with this. Still no play for me due to console-only.

    I dont really see it as a change since every final fantasy except FF 10 and 13 had a open world.  Its just back in the day, it was called a over world (top down view) when you were outside of a town or dungeon

    This is how I wished FF7 looked back before graphics were as good as they are now. I really hope the cities and structures are as high quality and gritty. I hope the gameplay and story are awesome. I have no reason to believe they won't be. SE knows they need to get this right and I'm sure they're putting their all into it.

    traveller, interloper, anomaly

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ


  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 5,371
    In my opinion, if people do not like this or Type-0 because they do not feel it is a "Final Fantasy" game then they aren't really FF fans at all. FF games aren't about the style of combat but the stories/lore/styles of skills and magic, that's what makes FF, not turn-based and stuff like that. If you like that, then you're a JRPG fan not a FF fan. Again, just my opinion. I think this game will be pretty good along with Type-0. Those two and KH3 are the only reason I'll buy a PS4.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904


    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl Looks pretty interesting, though I had the same issues with the video as the OP had. It's a massive change for the Final Fantasy franchise though, I wonder if their hardcore fans will be happy with this. Still no play for me due to console-only.
    I dont really see it as a change since every final fantasy except FF 10 and 13 had a open world.  Its just back in the day, it was called a over world (top down view) when you were outside of a town or dungeon

    Except the overworlds were populated with "Landmarks" points of interest for players to discover.
    While the graphics are exceptional, What are you actually going to do with all the extra detail?

    Are you going to populate every building with meaningful content?

    image
    TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJIjpl-vqlA Maybe its just me but the video doesnt load when I try to raise the resolution to 720p and theres no sound half way through.

    The video is in 60 fps, I heard you need chrome or Mozilla to run them if I remember correct.

  • eugheuforceeugheuforce Member UncommonPosts: 46
    The open world looks awesome but for f*** sake they need to get rid of Tetsuya Nomura as character designer already, either bring back Yoshitaka Amano or get some fresh blood designer, Nomura hasn't done anything good past FF7
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,291
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    In my opinion, if people do not like this or Type-0 because they do not feel it is a "Final Fantasy" game then they aren't really FF fans at all. FF games aren't about the style of combat but the stories/lore/styles of skills and magic, that's what makes FF, not turn-based and stuff like that. If you like that, then you're a JRPG fan not a FF fan. Again, just my opinion. I think this game will be pretty good along with Type-0. Those two and KH3 are the only reason I'll buy a PS4.

    Type-0 is fine. I enjoyed it a lot, the characters and combat were interesting. 15? No thanks. In my book FF 10 was the last decent single player FF game they've made. In my own opinion just about everything they put out after 10 has been crap. From X-2 to 13 LR: crap crap crap. The only saving grace of the series has been Type-0, as well as 11 and 14 ARR.

    Doesn't matter how pretty you make it, they are still pretty soulless games. I expect that 15 will be no different then 12 or 13, soulless. After 10 it's like Square couldn't be bothered to put any real effort into the series anymore. I loved Square as a company, but it seems they are no longer interested in making traditional styled games. From 12's horrible gambit system, to 13's take on combat. No thanks.

    I wish Square all the luck in the in world. They are just walking a path I longer care to walk with them. The one thing they've made that I enjoyed were: Two online game 11 and 14 (1.0 and 2.0), and Type-0.  Square couldn't even be bothered to bring Type-0 over here in a timely manner. Hell a bunch of Type-0 fans got together and made an English patch for Type-0. Because Square couldn't even be bothered to say whether we would ever see Type-0 in West.

    The Square I knew and loved, is long since gone.

     

    In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,712
    Honestly looking at the game makes me wish this would be the Final Fantasy mmo instead of A Realm Reborn. Final Fantasy's single player world is more impressive then the Final Fantasy mmo's world.
    Xbox One X
    Samsung MU6300 4K HDR Ultra HD
    Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar





  • drivendawndrivendawn Member RarePosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Jockan
    Honestly looking at the game makes me wish this would be the Final Fantasy mmo instead of A Realm Reborn. Final Fantasy's single player world is more impressive then the Final Fantasy mmo's world.

    Well, Yeah it doesn't have 10k players in it like servers on XIV do so they can go nuts with the graphics and other things.

  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904


    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Jockan Honestly looking at the game makes me wish this would be the Final Fantasy mmo instead of A Realm Reborn. Final Fantasy's single player world is more impressive then the Final Fantasy mmo's world.
    Well, Yeah it doesn't have 10k players in it like servers on XIV do so they can go nuts with the graphics and other things.

    Graphics is not a constraint for static objects.
    They could make an mmo world as detailed as this if those chose to.

    image
    TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Sign In or Register to comment.