Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This made me want to play.

OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

Here's a pretty cool trailer I saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkAHzCfwXGc

The game is 66% off currently on Steam for Halloween or if you send me a message here with your email I can send you a trial key, I haven't played this game much, only through a trial but I just got it and it's kinda creepy for Halloween. Cya!

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.

Comments

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

No other game I know has atmosphere like this one.

Makes me want to go back and play too!    Someday I hope.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Wonderful game even with the combat and control the way it is. Some of the best stories and puzzles of any mmo imho. 

Every time I try and get back into it I spend 20 minutes trying to figure out the Ability Wheel, and just say the heck with it and don't play. It would probably be easier just to start a new character.

Have fun OP!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Great deal on steam atm .you can get the game for £8.50 or something close to that..on offer til 3rd November I believe.Or you can get the massive edition which has updates 5,6,7 for £16.99.Now that's a bargain
  • SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

Screw it, I'm gonna give this a go again.

I've tried to get into it so many times and done the first island so many times that I just get bored before I finish it.

Once I reach egypt I reckon I can get myself hooked. 

Here's hoping the RP community is still alive!

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    TSW.  Always a good bet.

I self identify as a monkey.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Wonderful game even with the combat and control the way it is. Some of the best stories and puzzles of any mmo imho. 

Every time I try and get back into it I spend 20 minutes trying to figure out the Ability Wheel, and just say the heck with it and don't play. It would probably be easier just to start a new character.

Have fun OP!

Lol that damn thing has me stymied too!  Same with crafting.   As long as I can progress through the stories I can deal with it tho. image

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Originally posted by Sarariel

Screw it, I'm gonna give this a go again.

I've tried to get into it so many times and done the first island so many times that I just get bored before I finish it.

Once I reach egypt I reckon I can get myself hooked. 

Here's hoping the RP community is still alive!

Haha I do the same thing in games too, this game looks really good though, just got back from shopping, time to play. :P

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

With a 66% off, there is no reason anyone bored and not playing an mmo shouldnt give this a try.  The game is worth your time to play through once and do all the quests/stories.   Just for background, i HATE quests in mmo's, like hatey hate hate.  WoW's quest system drove me nuts.

That being said, the majority of the quests in this game are really cool.  Feels more like playing a bunch of shorter single player rpg's storylines.  The ones in particular in the transylvania/russian/whatever area of the game are AMAZING.  And the world itself is cool.  Just feels like you're going through this snowy post cold war russian mountain area, with a bunch of werewolves and vampires and stuff.

There is one questline in a castle that takes you forever to figure out how to get to, where if you climb around this short ledge over one of the overhangs (dangerous as hell), you find this cracked window you can go through and do this whole quest thats all ninja, with you figuring out puzzles, having to dodge search lights and guards and stuff.

Really an amazing game if you like storyline.  Hell, i dont even like storylines in an MMO, im one of those "make your own way, be your own hero" type of guys, and i got pulled into the story on this game.

I will be realistic, once you've done all the quests, while the dungeons are REALLY FREAKING FUN.  They do, like any dungeon, get boring after 15 or 20 runs.  So there's not much to do end game, so to speak.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

5gb/18gb :c not toooo long hopefully!

Anyone playing on the EU server 'Arcadia' I think it was? Would be good to meet some new people in the game

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I'm playing a Templar on the server Huldra currently.
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
     Just an fyi, it doesn't matter what server you play on we can still meet up and group together. I think you just need to be on a person's friends list.
    Originally posted by clumsytoes44
     Just an fyi, it doesn't matter what server you play on we can still meet up and group together. I think you just need to be on a person's friends list.

Are the servers both EU And US as well? 

I've been away for a while, pretty happy if the servers are located in the same place c:

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    I believe so. Several people in Murphy's lawbreakers are uk, and i'm us, and no problems meeting up.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Best game out there for people that like a challenge.

I played this for ages all through alpha -> beginning of this year but I stopped playing after it turned into just a daily gear grind. Then it wasn't fun anymore :(

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Played it when it first came out and still go back to it from time to time. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489

amazing game, this new Halloween event is again mindblowing

LISTEN TO ALL THE stories.. do it.

Sit down, and listen to them.

"The Radio Broadcast" event missions alone would be worth buying it.

Lots of lore and short stories to read too with the last years Halloween missions which are back too.

If you love reading novels, or listening to great creepy stories, this game is for you.

Loving it so far!

Can see myself really getting hooked this time 'round