Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games with more than just combat?

PinecampplePinecampple Member Posts: 20

I really like games with a good combat base in it. But I want something that has more to do than just "Kill 130 Small Rats".

I loved playing Runescape, when it didn't complete suck dead guys, and I thought it was great how I could go form one job to the next. Killing mobs, to chopping trees, to fishing, to smithing, etc.

But, again, Runescpae has gone down the hole. And is getting less and less Free To Play. So I was wondering if there were any MMO/MMORPGs that were similar in gameplay, in that there's lots to do besides just mob killing every hour or so.

(Preferably F2P. Download or Browser games are both fine)

During the European Renaissance, women used lemon juice as a way to redden their lips.

Comments

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Really hard to find anything comparable to Runescape's questing mechanics.

I think Project Gorgon comes close to Runescape like play, but lacks the diversity in questing. 

Its fairly polished for being an alpha game and completely free at the moment.   Worth taking a look at.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• PinecampplePinecampple Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Boneserino

Really hard to find anything comparable to Runescape's questing mechanics.

I think Project Gorgon comes close to Runescape like play, but lacks the diversity in questing. 

Its fairly polished for being an alpha game and completely free at the moment.   Worth taking a look at.

It doesn't have to be strictly "Runescape like". I'm just looking for something that has more to it than just hack and slash. In Runescape you have Cooking, Fishing, Farming, etc. And I really like that aspect.

During the European Renaissance, women used lemon juice as a way to redden their lips.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    if you dont care about graphics, you can try wurm, haven & hearth or therian saga (this one is browser game where a lot of actions take a lot of time, more or less the only thing you usually do RT are dungeons and quest)