Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Echoes of the Past to Launch November 4th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArenaNet has announced that the Echoes of the Past update will go live for Guild Wars 2 players on Tuesday, November 4th. To celebrate the announcement about Season 2, Episode 5, ArenaNet has sent out a brand new teaser video. Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Damnit, seriously?!   Why couldn't they wait until a week later?   AA's Auroria opens on that date and it's just conflicting in so many ways.

Also, is that a TIME TRAVELING device?  Really?  Seeing that they're standing next to a Dwarf, maybe there's some sort of travel to the past before their race turned to stone to go fight Primorius underground.   Maybe the heroes get to go back and fight him as he's waking up before the destruction of the great Asura cities?

Or maybe, maybe, just maybe that time device will throw them back into time to once again be able to fight Scarlet Briar at another location when she was still alive?  Now THAT would be cruel and unusual punishment to players.

• fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64

Content means nothing as long as your character doesnt progress with it.

Whats even worse - temporary content. Once you missed some of the earlier chapters- there is no excitment doing the new story chapters.

Didnt play the game since 2years- reinstalled trying to get to the last chapter and deleted 5min after. GW2- the mmo where everything you do is pointless.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by fhnw1988

GW2- the mmo where everything you do is pointless.

Gw2 - the mmo where you don't need carrot on the stick to have fun. Just go play WoW.

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917

Echoes of the past:

Diminished Returns on loot.

The endless grind.

RNG everything.

The three echos of the past that they should have left out of the game entirely.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Looks interesting. At least I will log in to unlock it so I can play it when I want.
  • volvoxaureusvolvoxaureus Member Posts: 27

hmmm Echoes of the Past ...

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Siphaed

Also, is that a TIME TRAVELING device?  Really?  Seeing that they're standing next to a Dwarf,

That looked a lot like Ogden to me, so I fear you are jumping to conclusions there.

On the topic itself:

I love the game but I feel they never manage to make a really good teasing trailer.

Harbinger of Fools
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    The trailer wasn;t very good but it made me a little bit interested. I'm curious if we will visit Glint's lair.. that crystal cave looked very suspicious. And Abbaddon's statue.. and Ogden. Maybe they weren't lying about tying GW2 storyline with some GW1 stuff.
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Admittedly the second half of the trailer shows a lot of GW1 stuff, which has me interested since GW1 lore-wise was a vastly superior game. Scarlet doesn't even come close to the likes of Abaddon or the White Mantle.

I just wish they stopped the living story stuff and focussed on full blown expansions/campaigns like they did with GW1. Sure an occasional update in between is fine especially as far as combat balance are concerned, but I'd rather have really meaty content... And no, ascended gear grinding isn't content, that's just an absolutely mindless grind for a +10% stats increase.

Above all else, I'd like ArenaNet to actually do something innovative again rather than doing what every MMO does. I mean, they are even adding raiding soon... A low move for a company that shouted "we're innovative and exciting" pre-launch. They have some of the best and unique open world PvE content in the genre, why not expand on that?

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

not sure if they are adding raiding but i think we can see multi group dungeons soon ;p

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I'll log in to gain access to the content, probably won't play it for a while :/

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".