Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - current ship pipeline status

Comments

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    edited November 2015
    Erillion said:

A video showing the recovery operation of a Retaliator bomber escape pod. The music reminds me very much of the "2001" music from the end of the movie. I like the video, with the sunrise over the bright blue planet as the backdrop.

Have fun
    LOL, that video is from rehashed cuts from last year.  You can see some of it in the Imagine video that was released LAST year.  That video is not showing anything, it is a re-rendered shots from last year.  

When someone on reddit pointed it out, Discolando came clean and admitted that it was stuff from last year.  It is not a SneakPeek, nor is it actual gameplay.  The clipping of the escape pod is horrible, and the Avenger model is old and not in game anymore.   

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ro59m/atv2_05_sneakpeek_retailator_escape_pod_recovery/

"–]therealdiscolando 73 points 2 days ago* 

This was an old previs/lookdev created in December 2014. Parts of it were used in the CIG version of the Imagine trailer. We just thought you'd like to see the full, uncut version. =)

Remember, as this is previs/lookdev, it's an exploration of ideas and concepts, and is in no way guaranteed to be representative of what you'd see in the finished game."

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Erillion said:

A video showing the recovery operation of a Retaliator bomber escape pod. The music reminds me very much of the "2001" music from the end of the movie. I like the video, with the sunrise over the bright blue planet as the backdrop.

Have fun
    LOL, that video is from rehashed cuts from last year.  You can see some of it in the Imagine video that was released LAST year.  That video is not showing anything, it is a re-rendered shots from last year.  

When someone on reddit pointed it out, Discolando came clean and admitted that it was stuff from last year.  It is not a SneakPeek, nor is it actual gameplay.  The clipping of the escape pod is horrible, and the Avenger model is old and not in game anymore.   

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ro59m/atv2_05_sneakpeek_retailator_escape_pod_recovery/

This was an old previs/lookdev created in December 2014. Parts of it were used in the CIG version of the Imagine trailer. We just thought you'd like to see the full, uncut version. =)

Remember, as this is previs/lookdev, it's an exploration of ideas and concepts, and is in no way guaranteed to be representative of what you'd see in the finished game."

LOL you really can't make this stuff up. How people can't see through all the BS amazes me. Exactly how much more proof do you guys need to see this is all a scam? 

Even if CR does release a game it will be nothing like you guys wanted. He is running out of time and knows it. He is going to have to either throw some kind of code together to try and make a space sim, or he is going to have to walk away. At some time the people are going to start waking up that this all seems like an elaborate pyramid scheme!

At least this IMHO!
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Brenics said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

LOL you really can't make this stuff up. How people can't see through all the BS amazes me. Exactly how much more proof do you guys need to see this is all a scam? 

Even if CR does release a game it will be nothing like you guys wanted. He is running out of time and knows it. He is going to have to either throw some kind of code together to try and make a space sim, or he is going to have to walk away. At some time the people are going to start waking up that this all seems like an elaborate pyramid scheme!

At least this IMHO!
    I guess it is just another internet tragedy!
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15056-The-Shipyard-Sharpening-The-Cutlass

An in depth look at the Cutlass, its variants, its current status and its development history. Start of a series of articles on various SC ships.

Have fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15061-WIP-The-Endeavor

Detailed report on the Endeavor science ship, from the pages of the Jump Point magazine.

Have fun
    A lot of new info on the Anvil Crucible during the Anniversary livestream.

"A so-called “flying toolbox,” the Crucible is Anvil Aerospace’s first dedicated repair ship. Featuring a rotating control bridge and a detachable pressurized workspace, the Crucible is a versatile mobile garage equipped with repair arms, a drone operation center and all the equipment needed to overhaul a damaged craft back into fighting shape."

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/crucible/Anvil-Crucible

Have fun

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Kefo said:

Sorry sitting in the station then. Still avoiding the points that matter though
    I'm sitting back watching this thread now.

For him to make the statement "They aren't CIG" and then come back afterwards and try to  say he didn't state it as a fact when the above quote is by definition a factual statement. As a fact it may or may not be accurate, but the statement is factual. He didn't say....."I don't think they are CIG" or "They are probably players trying to make a few bucks" There is a difference.

This is not the first time he is stating opinions as facts then backpedaling. Take for example this gem:

Erillion said:
    Let me guess - you have never met anyone from CIG in person, have you ? 

Here is my personal impression and opinion: They are NOT doing this for money. 
    They are making real a lifelong dream of theirs, with the help of us backers.

Have fun

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Vanguard is hangar ready.

"The A3G Vanguard is the United Empire of Earth’s dedicated deep space fighter. Initially developed as a bomber-destroyer, the Vanguard is a hard-charging bulldog of a ship which features extensive forward-mounted weaponry designed to tear through the shields and armor of other spacecraft. Four high-caliber forward laser cannons and a massive central Gatling gun give the Vanguard an unprecedented amount of sheer striking power. So-named because their multiple-jump range allows them to form the forefront of any military expedition, Vanguard have seen extensive service against the Vanduul."

****************************************************************************************

Three new Avenger variants have been revealed:

"Avenger Titan

Lacking the Prisoner Cells of the Stalker or the EMP Generator of the Warlock, the Titan’s hold is free to carry cargo. Couple that available space with the Avenger’s tried and true combat abilities and you’ve got a light cargo hauler that’s more than capable of handling itself in a fight.

Avenger Stalker

Initially designed as Aegis’ frontline carrier ship for the military, the Avenger Stalker took a different path, ultimately having a long and storied career as the standard patrol craft of the UEE Advocacy. Utilizing its cargo hold for prisoner transport, the Avenger features a sturdy, reliable hull and the capacity for larger-than-expected engine mounts.

Avenger Warlock

The Avenger Warlock was built towards a single design philosophy: stop ships, don’t destroy them. Probably the closest to a non-lethal fighter, the Warlock is outfitted with a Behring REP-8 EMP Generator, capable of emitting a powerful electromagnetic wave to disable any electronics unfortunate enough to be within the blast radius."

Have fun

Eingebetteter Bild-Link

P72 Archimedes "sports car mid-life crisis" racing ship :-) shown in anniversary live stream.

Have fun
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Erillion said:
    Eingebetteter Bild-Link

P72 Archimedes "sports car mid-life crisis" racing ship :-) shown in anniversary live stream.

Have fun

Okay, that's funny!   I wonder how it would do on the Kessel run?

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Erillion said:
    Eingebetteter Bild-Link

Have fun

Okay, that's funny!   I wonder how it would do on the Kessel run?
    In less than 12 parsecs!

Sorry, I just had to.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Ship fan art  (can be used in sigs)  :-)

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/240223/pixel-citizen/p1

j7hLFFggif               jeQumSQgif

Have fun

• KayAndroidKayAndroid Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Hopefully news about the 300 series is coming soon  >:).
    Kruger P-72 Archimedes Question and Answer Session

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15084-Kruger-P-72-Archimedes-Q-A

with the interesting part for me as a Constellation owner:

"Since the Archimedes is a variant to the Merlin can we dock one with any version of the Constellation?

Yes, any Constellation with the rear snub-dock can accept any ship based on the Merlin/Archimedes design."

If I want to fight, i take the Merlin. If i want to work on my midlife crisis, i take the Archimedes ,-)

Have fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15087-Aegis-Avenger-Variants-Q-A

Question and Answer session about the new Avenger Variants.

Have fun
    Avenger Warlock

The Avenger Warlock was built towards a single design philosophy: stop ships, don’t destroy them. Probably the closest to a non-lethal fighter, the Warlock is outfitted with a Behring REP-8 EMP Generator, capable of emitting a powerful electromagnetic wave to disable any electronics unfortunate enough to be within the blast radius."

BOOM ! Fizzle ....

Have fun
  • cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    You Know Erillion, at this point I don't give a crap about new ships.  They can show/develop new ships all year long but that does nothing for the game.  Let's get more actual game play shown and worry about the stupid ships later..
  • CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    I am so glad i got all my money back from them.
    You Know Erillion, at this point I don't give a crap about new ships.  They can show/develop new ships all year long but that does nothing for the game.  Let's get more actual game play shown and worry about the stupid ships later..

Are you playtesting Alpha 2.0 Crusader map ?

Have you seen the hundreds of fanmade videos of gameplay from those tests ?

Have fun
  • LoveRemovalMachineLoveRemovalMachine Member UncommonPosts: 213
    edited November 2015
    Can this site please stop this spam from Erillion.
    Don't have another way to say it.

Have spam!
    We are always in a race what our intelligence can do for us and what our intelligence does to us.

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    From the look of 2.0 from various streamers - they combined the AC module with some new ships including Multiplayer ships and the Social Module that allows running around in Levels.
    Is there anything else that I may have missed?
    Can you actually shoot other people in FPS mode?

From a dev point of view thats not such a big step forward

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

edited November 2015
    Can you actually shoot other people in FPS mode?

Around 5:45 .... but its fun to watch the whole piece as the player is really excited ;-)

Have fun

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Yes here are the prices in ships in a game you have never played. lol Please give us more money for ships you may never see in a game you haven't played. We need more money to delelop a game you may never play. 
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Sal1 said:
    Yes here are the prices in ships in a game you have never played. lol Please give us more money for ships you may never see in a game you haven't played. We need more money to delelop a game you may never play. 
    Amazing isn't it?  :p
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    How do they perform?
    Are they fun to fly?