Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well I'm done also.....

13»

Comments

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by YashaX

OP I also unsubbed recently. I liked AA for the new elements it bought to a fantasy mmo like trading and farming/housing (and the gliders/exploration was pretty good). But everything else about it was either bad or just "ok". I actually find it hard to understand why people think it is pvp focused, I have seen more pvp in almost all other mmos I played and the pvp flagging mechanics are really bad in AA.

Archeage is PvP focused because A) open world PvP exists and B) the PvE just ENDS.

If the PvE actually like, EXISTED, maybe the game wouldn't be so PvP focused.  It's kinda a case of "There's no good PvE, so let's PvP".  In truth, the PvP itself is nigh meaningless the vast majority of the time besides ganking for trade packs (no death penalties, no loot, instant respawn)

Trade pack ganking, however, is a good way to get more resources (assuming you're on the winning side at least), so there's some meaning there, admittingly.  Again though, if the game had meaningful PvE, then the emphasis on PvP still wouldn't be there as much even with the ability to gank for tradepacks.

Of course, there are also castle sieges, although those only happen once a week, maybe, if you actually win the bid for the right to attack them in the first place.

• Unistalled too, this game was promoted as sandbox and hyped so much but in the end was all a big lie because it has the same mechanic as a generic asian themepark, is GEAR BASED, and gear is the only progression since everything spin around it.

Yes, everything you do is a huge timesink (even a stupid thing like play songs require grind to unlock more sheets) and indeed require labors. You waste labors so fast that you need to buy compensation potions to be able to achieve something in a reasonable amount of time (and if you play for free your labors point don't regen when you are offline and are very limited).
    To unluck all the features, like selling stuff in the AH, have a field and so on you need patron status, you can buy patron from the game too instead of real money but it cost so much that is forcing you to grind and farm for gold, in a infinite loop.

Combat system is terrible and outdated, is a tab targeting smashing button fest, majority of the times i pvp i face the ground because of the huge amount of CCs. Supporting roles sucks too if you don't have end game gear. Seems everyone is a ranged battlemage.
    People to be able to spam all these croud control skills use a macro because 2 hotbars aren't enought.

The combat itself is based on RNG and how much powerfull you gear is, is not based on players skills and you can't dodge attacks.

RNG is heavily present in crafting too, this is another huge farming and timesink for mats, so everything from conbat to crafting is rock-paper-scissors.

I'm sick of these games with fantastic graphics but horrible gameplay, i like really korean mmorpgs, koreans are great artists but they don't have any idea how to build a sandbox, everything they do is build around timesink, farm and grind, the same old and redundant formula.
    I'm not surprised at all the game failed in korea as a p2p and don't have a huge playerbase as f2p too.

I don't have time for this, because i think that play mmorpgs should be fun not a second job, and AA is not fun.

I'm waiting games like Albion, the Repopulation and LIF, these will be true sandboxes, koreans should play these games and learn a lesson.

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by kdchan
     <...>

I'm waiting games like Albion, the Repopulation and LIF, these will be true sandboxes, koreans should play these games and learn a lesson.

Yes wait for the next fail western "best sandbox mmorpg of all times", like mortal online, Dakfall, vindictus and whatnot and dismiss this gem with incredible featurelist which is all here and already reality.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by Telil

It's a forum, people come on to put their opinion across...simple really.

If people want to come on to let others know they are leaving then that is fine. It's a gaming forum for gamers.

I don't understand why this is so hard to grasp.

If you only want positives, go to a fan site. mmorpg.com is a place to vent without the worry about getting banned from the game.

BECAUSE THE WORLD EVOLVES AROUND ME!!!

GODDAMNIT!!!

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by farbege
    Originally posted by kdchan
     <...>

Yes wait for the next fail western "best sandbox mmorpg of all times", like mortal online, Dakfall, vindictus and whatnot and dismiss this gem with incredible featurelist which is all here and already reality.

Archeage is here, those other sandbox games aren't here yet, but if that person doesn't find Archeage fun, why waste time playing it? 

Maybe the other sandbox games that are coming will be failures as you say.  It still doesn't mean one should waste time (and potentially money) in sandbox games out right now if they don't actually like playing it.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by laserit

If people want to come on to let others know they are leaving then that is fine. It's a gaming forum for gamers.

If you only want positives, go to a fan site. mmorpg.com is a place to vent without the worry about getting banned from the game.

GODDAMNIT!!!

YEA!!  i LEFT THE GAME, WHY AREN'T ALL THE REST OF YOU LEAVING WITH ME??

It's fine to post an opinion of a game.   The thing is though, this kind of post where someone has played a game and did not find it suited their expectations, is best discussed in say a thread where lets say, someone asks for others opinions because they are interested in trying the game.   Or perhaps where someone does an actual review of the game, and you can offer your opinion.

What we don't need is every Tom Dick and Harry who's played an MMO and didn't like posting a rant on why the game sucks and they are leaving.    You left the game, good for you.  That's what you should do.   But that does not give you a right to start a crusade to convince other people not play.   That is just hating and is counterproductive to this genre, IMO.  

And if we did need them, then I have a long backlog of rants that I need to get started on writing!

If you have a negative opinion of something try to apply it where it can do some good.    Don't just go ranting about something just  to make you feel better about yourself.    In other words......

Get over yourself!!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371
    Originally posted by Boneserino

GODDAMNIT!!!

It's fine to post an opinion of a game.   The thing is though, this kind of post where someone has played a game and did not find it suited their expectations, is best discussed in say a thread where lets say, someone asks for others opinions because they are interested in trying the game.   Or perhaps where someone does an actual review of the game, and you can offer your opinion.

What we don't need is every Tom Dick and Harry who's played an MMO and didn't like posting a rant on why the game sucks and they are leaving.    You left the game, good for you.  That's what you should do.   But that does not give you a right to start a crusade to convince other people not play.   That is just hating and is counterproductive to this genre, IMO.  

And if we did need them, then I have a long backlog of rants that I need to get started on writing!

If you have a negative opinion of something try to apply it where it can do some good.    Don't just go ranting about something just  to make you feel better about yourself.    In other words......

Get over yourself!!

Get over yourself, sir. You are slamming people for posting opinions in an opinionated post of your own. You're no better than the people youre trying to flame. The irony.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Callidor
    Originally posted by Boneserino

GODDAMNIT!!!

Get over yourself!!

Get over yourself, sir. You are slamming people for posting opinions in an opinionated post of your own. You're no better than the people youre trying to flame. The irony.

More like the irony is in your opinionated post my friend.    I was merely stating where one's opinion might  be stated more appropriately.   Apparently in your urge to flame me, you missed that point.  Stating an opinion merely to inflate your own ego is not the proper method.

But go ahead and endorse this if you wish to see endless amounts of these type of posts.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

I just posted this on the AA guild I was in's forum earlier today:

Okey guys, I've made the decision to quit and uninstall ArcheAge. It was fun at first when it was all new, but I haven't felt like logging in and doing more mindless questgrinding, tedious farming, slow as hell crafting or small boring dungeons in days now so I just can't be bothered anymore, it's boring and meaningless as fuck and has none of the things I'm looking for in a game.

Good luck to you all, nice to have met you all and thanks for having me

The game is just no fun, and the fact that Trion took a week to bump me to patron status but were really quick with ending it on the date I paid for it, effectively stealing a week from me, didn't help.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar
    Originally posted by YashaX

OP I also unsubbed recently. I liked AA for the new elements it bought to a fantasy mmo like trading and farming/housing (and the gliders/exploration was pretty good). But everything else about it was either bad or just "ok". I actually find it hard to understand why people think it is pvp focused, I have seen more pvp in almost all other mmos I played and the pvp flagging mechanics are really bad in AA.

Archeage is PvP focused because A) open world PvP exists and B) the PvE just ENDS.

If the PvE actually like, EXISTED, maybe the game wouldn't be so PvP focused.  It's kinda a case of "There's no good PvE, so let's PvP".  In truth, the PvP itself is nigh meaningless the vast majority of the time besides ganking for trade packs (no death penalties, no loot, instant respawn)

Trade pack ganking, however, is a good way to get more resources (assuming you're on the winning side at least), so there's some meaning there, admittingly.  Again though, if the game had meaningful PvE, then the emphasis on PvP still wouldn't be there as much even with the ability to gank for tradepacks.

Of course, there are also castle sieges, although those only happen once a week, maybe, if you actually win the bid for the right to attack them in the first place.

True, however, I basically stopped pve at level 15 or so and just farmed/crafted/explored/traded. I didn't fight any mobs for weeks and I think only one person ever attacked me (and I lived in a pvp zone). Apart from what you pointed out above there is also the problematic flagging issues for pvp, the huge gear gap, many open world areas where you can't pvp, the overall lacklustre combat and latency issues.

As far as I saw you really can just play the game with minimal fighting or pvp. In a way that could be a positive because it gives you more choices about how to play, but it doesn't make it feel like a pvp focused game. To me it seemed like a game that focuses around making gold, and it was refreshing to be able to do that in various different ways compared to other mmos.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

GODDAMNIT!!!

The hell it does!

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Jabas
    Originally posted by maybebaked
    Originally posted by Spankster77

OP, good luck man, hope you find something else you enjoy.  I may not be that far behind you to be honest.  The longer I play the more I question why I am playing, which is never a good sign.  There are sometimes when I have fun but for the most part I find myself either leveling professions (which is a total borefest) or farming tokens in Hasla (which is also a huge borefest). 

I do enjoy running GHA but sadly I am melee which means no one ever wants to take me.  I can also tank but lack the cloth gear that most groups require. 

I am actually considering giving FFXIV a real go.  I know it's themepark, I know it's gear treadmill, etc but I would rather be on a gear treadmill over sitting in Windshade dumping real life $$ into a game to level professions.

Dude, I was totally thinking the same thing. I am trying out ESO again, just because I had already bought it at release.  What I have realised about myself from this game; spending real money or 12 hours a day to have fun in a game is not something I am willing to do.

Strange, i only spend real money in monthly fee and only play 3,4h a day and some days i cant even log in and i still enjoy alot the game.

you are a subscriber so his problem doesnt affect you negatively. You can stop playing and still gain LP offline while your sub is still going.. I dont subscribe and i have the same problem as him. Everything uses LP points and it is sooooo slow to gain them back (add to that the inability to gain LP offline) so it is easier to leave the game than subscribe to bypass that problem. The game is designed to tell people to subscribe, use the cash shop (and still be limited), or fuck off altogether. I personally dont want to subscribe. If i have the option to support the game with cash shop i will do that, but in this game that will still keep me very limited in progression so i have no reason to do either. What else is there? stop playing and look for a new home, thanks to XL for designing a cash grab. Im sure Trion wouldnt have done that and instead stick to Rifts model on AA.