Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

waiting for a sci-fi mmorpg

DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797

im playing ArchAage right now and its quite fun...for now, but im waiting since years for a really good action oriented sci-fi (sandbox) mmorpg with some complexity, because im some kind of sick of playing fantasy mmorpgs, but there are just no sci-fi mmorpgs out there, i know now you gonna say play EVE, its a good game for sure, but not for me, it just bores me in some way.

i was wondering if developers are afraid in developing sci-fi mmorpgs, or does the majority really want fantasy games?

in my head i created the perfect mmorpg for me, i know no game will ever be exactly like that, but since today, no game come even close, so im still waiting. ^^

hopefully, some day there will be the perfect game for me, since i cant develope one on my own. :D

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Comments

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Have you checked out Perpetuum? http://store.steampowered.com/app/223410/
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Thanks for the replies, i know about the repopulation, but it looks like it has to much fantasy things  for what ive seen so far. I gonna check out Perpetuum, even if im not a huge fan of mechs. ^^
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

OP, I also prefer the sci-fi IP over fantasy, especially after the great experience in SWG and Anarchy Online. Although, I always first I'm waiting for a quality MMO before anything else.

Best example SWTOR, one of the best IP any company could've had, yet never touched that MMO :(