Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV Getting real EU Datacenter

MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Quoted from http://gamerescape.com/2014/10/25/final-fantasy-xiv-fan-fest-london-keynote/

EU Data Centres
Based on latency-related feedback, Square Enix is in the planning stages of opening a dedicated European data centre. With content such as The Navel and The Binding Coil of Bahamut, which require fast reactions to avoid instant death, SE feels that the time has come to finally commit to true European servers. More information on this will be made available in the future.

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Slowly but surely the feedback that devs can take seriously has paved the way to a more balanced FFXIV experience.

The Canadian datacenter has done the job for a year but is not the optimal solution. The game is turning stable profit so further investment has become possible.

The areas and graphics are wonderful but they are small and limited. While not a gamebreaker for most, many have expressed their disappointment with the area sizes. As the logical consequence the Heavensward areas are labeled as "massive" and expansive.

TL;DR: When a game is supported by the players and the devs, in the long run most rough edges can be smoothed out. No game starts out perfect, but any game can become one for the target audience when given time and care.

It is good time to be an FFXIV player indeed.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    well i hope they give free server xfers to ppl on eruo servers. Im currently on a euro server but live in canada. If they did move to europe i would want to go to a na server