Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 Month break = Tos violation Perma Ban, and removal of all game time paid for.

IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

So today after my 1 month break i go to login to my darkfall account, Im greeted with this.

Now before i left i got two D.U.E.L's to run my subscription into November to be sure id have active play time when i returned. (Cant show proof of this because they dont have a Subscription History tab like every other sub based mmo on the market, Probably so they can pull shit like this on people.) I Have been subbed to Darkfall since the release in 2009.

So i was banned for no reason and all game time removed from my account, within a month of not logining in.

Now for those of you about to say "You cheated or sold gold and are just covering it up".

Explain to me why i got no Email regarding this TOS Violation and better yet WHY isnt it posted on banhammer?

This is how AV treats their Long Term subbed fans, 1 month break results in all game time being removed a Perma ban, No email regarding why just did it all in complete silence. (Again not even a post on Banhammer which they seem to do to everyone they TOS) 

So think twice before you give this company a penny.

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    What did AV say when you contacted them to enquire about this error?
  • IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Originally posted by Darwa

Its going on 2 hours now and they havent even opened the ticket.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Be sure to keep us updated, really curious as to how this will turn out.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

I do feel a little sorry for ya but to tell the truth with all the garbage this game has from the original to now am still shocked people would actually trust these people.

Good luck and I hope it gets worked out but do you really think they have the resources to put ever thing you had back?

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Wow...a whole 2 hours. How dare they make you wait that long.

Chances are your account was hacked or you did something before your break to get them to take action against you.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Ok so Finally after i told them i posted this on a fb message i sent they instantly looked at my ticket.

Only to request my photo id and or Serial number i got back in 2009.......

Originally posted by Ginaz
    Wow...a whole 2 hours. How dare they make you wait that long.

Chances are your account was hacked or you did something before your break to get them to take action against you.

And your a prime example of people who dont read a post.

Do not comment if you dont bother reading please.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by Ikisis

Ok so Finally after i told them i posted this on a fb message i sent they instantly looked at my ticket.

Okay, so take a photo of your photo ID and send it to them.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

2 hours?

Lol. WTF. Show a MINIMUM of patience will ya? Two days, yeah, then you could start to moan. Two weeks, then a post like this would be called for to get thier attention. But two hours? COME ON...

Originally posted by hfztt

2 hours?

Lol. WTF. Show a MINIMUM of patience will ya? Two days, yeah, then you could start to moan. Two weeks, then a post like this would be called for to get thier attention. But two hours? COME ON...

No this post is regarding how they did it all in silence, No Email, no Ban hammer, No reason, No info at all.

If you bothered to read youd know this.

I can tell your a kid who doesnt work for their money, or understand im currently on my weekend from work so yes 2 hours is a big deal to so much as check my ticket when ive been supporting their company since 2009, (that alot of hard earned money)

So yes i will moan and post a thread like this when 2 hours of what could be enjoying a game turns into waiting to get access back to my account after the company wrongfully bans me and deletes all the sub time i paid for.

Originally posted by Rusque

Okay, so take a photo of your photo ID and send it to them.

Dah already did that.

It is to cover their arses and so they can claim you were hacked... and so they were protecting your account....lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597
    Originally posted by hfztt

2 hours?

No this post is regarding how they did it all in silence, No Email, no Ban hammer, No reason, No info at all.

If you bothered to read youd know this.

Perhaps the entities that caused the compromise of your account could have also changed the email their warnings may have went to ... or perhaps the spam folder. Otherwise, It's probably a good practice to at least give the company an opportunity to resolve your issue before warning everyone to stay away from a game. That being said, good luck on getting everything back!

Originally posted by Asm0deus

It is to cover their arses and so they can claim you were hacked... and so they were protecting your account....lol

Again if i was hacked why is there no Banhammer post? or Email sent with info on why they PERMA BANNED my account???

Again if i was hacked why is there no Banhammer post? or Email sent with info on why they PERMA BANNED my account???

I think you missed my sarcasm....

....like I said if your ID checks out they will give you some bs excuse and probably unban your account unless they claim you did something wrong before you went on vacation.

Like I said they can easily claim you were hacked while on your vacation and or claim the hackers cheated, did naughty things thus the ban and that is just a few ways they can spin it.

The whole "send us your ID" is a dead giveaway.

I am not defending this company IMO AV is right up there with starvault in the awful companies category.

I think you missed my sarcasm....

....like I said if your ID checks out they will give you some bs excuse and probably unban your account unless they claim you did something wrong before you went on vacation.

Like I said they can easily claim you were hacked while on your vacation and or claim the hackers cheated, did naughty things thus the ban and that is just a few ways they can spin it.

The whole "send us your ID" is a dead giveaway.

I am not defending this company IMO AV is right up there with starvault in the awful companies category.

I agree, because i found out why.

They opted me in for a recurring sub (While i had active sub time in duels)

Charged my mothers CC (which i havent used in nearly 6 months while i had subscription time still)

they also dont ahve a option to remove Cards from your account.

So basically they charged a random card on my account with a recurring sub fee while i still had a month subscription running to November, then banned me because she didnt know what the charge was and did a charge back.

All of which could ahve been avoided if they allowed me to remove card informantion and their billing system didnt randomly activate a recurring subscription for no reason with active game time still in play.

Talk about they must be hurting for money to pull shady shit like that.

• feztoniofeztonio Member UncommonPosts: 60

typically when you're hacked the first thing the hacker does is change your password and change the email address that administers your account from your email to their email so they can lock you out of admin privileges to your own account and thereby make it much more difficult for you to regain control.

so if they did send any correspondence about why you were banned, it went to the hackers email address and not yours.  i play wow and swtor and have authenticators for both - the wow one i added after i was hacked and had my account locked, and my admin email address changed. the authentication system seems like a must-have and not sure why every mmo doesn't have it standard in 2014.

The more this ticket goes on the more shitty this company seems bit by bit.

Activating recurring subscription on cards that arent mine and that i havent used in over 6 months, then telling em i have to reverse the charge back on my monthers card that they activate for recurring. I only ever used that card once 6 months ago to subscribe for 1 month non recurring. Now 6 months down the road their billing system chimmed that card as recurring and charged it at random.

They dont seem to understand its their fault, that card was never auth for recurring subscription.

(And i have heard lots of people complain that their billing system will automatically turn on auto renew at random without consent)  To me it looks like a cash grab for a company thats about to go bankrupt.

• mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161
    I want to hear the other side of the story before jumping to any conclusion. No company will ban a user just for fun specially when they have negative financial implications. Sorry OP, I know you don't want to hear this, but I have seen enough to know not to trust anyone.
    Originally posted by mmoesports
    I want to hear the other side of the story before jumping to any conclusion. No company will ban a user just for fun specially when they have negative financial implications. Sorry OP, I know you don't want to hear this, but I have seen enough to know not to trust anyone.

Read my new posts, i stated what they told me.

they randomly activated a card on my account for recurring sub, and that card belongs to my mother she didnt notice the charge and did a charge back.

as i said i only used her card 1 time inbetween jobs over 6 months ago and it wasnt set for recurring.

there billing system has done this to many people before ive read hundreds of storys of them just randomly activating your account for renewal out of nowhere.

So basically Unless you like a company who will put you in for a Auto Renewal at random without your consent, steer clear of this game and its shit company running it.

Activating recurring subscription on cards that arent mine and that i havent used in over 6 months, then telling em i have to reverse the charge back on my monthers card that they activate for recurring. I only ever used that card once 6 months ago to subscribe for 1 month non recurring. Now 6 months down the road their billing system chimmed that card as recurring and charged it at random.

They dont seem to understand its their fault, that card was never auth for recurring subscription.

(And i have heard lots of people complain that their billing system will automatically turn on auto renew at random without consent)  To me it looks like a cash grab for a company thats about to go bankrupt.

I would contact them again and ask them why a recurring charge was applied when the account wasn't set up for recurring charges?

Ask them who changed your account this way without your consent?

If they give you the run around move on.

I would contact them again and ask them why a recurring charge was applied when the account wasn't set up for recurring charges?

Ask them who changed your account this way without your consent?

If they give you the run around move on.

I have asked this, and the ticket hasnt been replied to since, its been about 3 hours now since i told them that was never in for recurring subscription. 

Oh im posting this story on Steam, this site, tenton hammer, ect every mmo gaming site out there im letting everyone know what kind of bullshit this company has pulled on me after being subbed with them since 2009.

To further show how much of a piece of shit this company is here ya go.

And they are completely ignoring the ticket now, they wont respond to the fact their system auto renewed a card without my consent, they would rather ignore the ticket then fess up to their mistake.

This discussion has been closed.